1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryzen 5000 Series Discussion

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Skramit, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Phido

Phido Member

Scorptech contacted me and confirmed they still have no ETA, no stock. Due to high demand.
    So I am cancelling my order, I also think I went to the back of the que because I changed from 5900x to 5950x. I am still happy with Scorptech, they are upfront and honest.

All of which is fine. But if Umart have stock of a 5950x, I will jump that.
    I also think the 5900x is just going to be impossible to get for months. Its the really attractive sweet spot for those coming from 8 core processors, looking for a bit of extra muscle and a good value buy. In AUD in less than $1000 which is a pretty big barrier to cross for a CPU.

Sorry wasnt mean to sound condescending just thinking aloud.

I am just now worried about my 5950x in a ITX case getting hammered. Particularly if Gigabyte updates a bios and it allows that sweet all core over clock while still keeping boosting frequency like the Asus dark hero can do.
    So lets see, I think thats 1x240x30mm rad 1x240m slim, 1x120 rad in a Ncase...

2. chook

chook Member

We prefer the term singin' man.

I don't need the cores and never did. Got the 3900X at the right price so once I sell it I will actually be ahead in terms of coin. My desktop PC is for gaming as I have a server that I used for all my work stuff. Yes, actual work as I have worked from home before it was cool ;).

RnR likes this.
  3. Phido

Phido Member

Gibbon likes this.
  4. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Better hurry, website says 5 left unless they've put a limit on how many you can add to the cart.

5. Phido

Phido Member

That is hilarious.. Hes just famboyant, hes an entertainer.. They have them in America.

Oh don't worry about that.. I had already ordered before FuzwaldQO posted. And its ready for delivery!
    upload_2020-11-10_15-55-18.png

335 GT and RnR like this.
  6. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yah bastard lol. Leaves more 5900X for us at least :D.

7. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Ummm... I am not sure that I'm the droid you are looking for. I was just happy my 5600x shipment from pccasegear had shipped. No 5900x or 5950x here!

Edit:
    Or you are talking about the timing rather than what I actually posted. I'm so confused.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  8. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Only 6 cores?

[​IMG]

combatant3219 and FuzwaldQO like this.
  9. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Hows that even possible. One of the most anticipated cpu launches in a long time and one of the larger retailers has no stock and smaller ones do? Did someone fall asleep and forget to put in an order with the disty or what lol?

F1Aussie likes this.
  10. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

The larger ones like Scorptec, PCCG etc. Allowed pre orders from the moment they CPUs launched on the 5th / 6th. Umart was the only retailer in Aus (that I know of) that didn't do pre orders and listed the 5600X & 5800X at 9am on the 6th. The 5950X has only just gone up on Umart and hopefully the 5900X will go up soon so when you order you know you'll be getting a chip, not a pre order.

11. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

I am but a lowly peasant...
    [​IMG]

DangerMaus likes this.
  12. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Hahaha. Hey I got my Centrelink advanced pay for this upgrade so I'm still a peasant and an even poorer one for 13 pays now.

[​IMG]

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  13. hosh0

hosh0 Member

I hit up ple on Facebook to ask for a rough date for the 5900x (I placed my order at like 1:13am) and they said if you don't have an ETA they expect more stock in the next two or so weeks.

My old PC died and I'm using my laptop/phone till this CPU ships. Hope I have better luck etc the 6800XT

14. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

I can see your future. It is filled with mee goreng noodles.

Gibbon, Aussiejuggalo and FuzwaldQO like this.
  15. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Yeah, I sold my old gear a little while ago to give me extra money for this upgrade. So I've been on an old laptop at home, no gaming. Hence why I was pretty happy when my gear was shipped!

16. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Shit, that'd be an upgrade :D.

Dingostolemyghz likes this.
  17. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Well just got an update regarding my 5900X

Seriously! My order was placed at 1:05am lol. RIP. Guess I'll be waiting a few weeks now. I wonder if everyone's invoice stated the 10/11 before the website ticked over to 'Order Only'. After I placed my order it still had an ETA for another 10 minutes.

Not a paper launch my fucking ass lol.

18. Phido

Phido Member

I didn't want a pre-order, I want to order, Originally they had an ETA, now they don't.

Umart has stock, I buy. Getting a 5950x means more 5900x for others, and more people buy 5900x, then theres more 5600x for others.. Thus allowing the great chain of life.

Its ok, you can thank me later. My sacrifice in getting a 5950x allows others to get other CPU's like the 5600x.. Jke... Sorry was just using your post as a timestamp.

AMD could well find their CPU launch becomes a point of frustration. I could see a lot of disappointed 5900x people..
    AMD engineered that one too. if the 5800x wasn't so expensive, or included a cooler, then a lot of people who game and just want a touch extra beef would have gotten that one.

It will be the same thing for the 6800/6800XT.

th3_hawk and FuzwaldQO like this.
  19. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

20. Phido

Phido Member