Ryzen 5000 Series Discussion

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Skramit, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Malakai

Malakai Member

Try the usual one stick of RAM at a time etc. Disconnect anything unnecessary, other drives, cards etc. Then it's a matter of substituting parts I'm afraid.

2. OJR

OJR Member

Tried an older version of Windows? I have seem this before where the latest Windows ISO won't install.

3. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yeah looking like this'll be the way to go. Annoying because he also wants the Far Cry 6 code so he has to get it built to run the verification because I'm sure the cut off for that is 1st of Jan.

It's Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 17763.316 build 1809 so not the latest, the ISO is from last year.

4. PJDeane

PJDeane New Member

Didn't windows have some issues with nvme drives at one point?

Either way, before you go too far down the rabbit hole with messing with hardware (as long as it posts ofc) I'd be creating a fresh USB direct from Microsoft if I was you.

MUTMAN, Malakai and OJR like this.
  5. OJR

OJR Member

Ahh OK, try the latest ISO from the MS site, just to test it. I understand why you want to run LTSC but try the install with the newer ISO.

6. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Yeah I'd try more usb drives before anything else, i've had that happen before, for whatever reason windows fails to install from one usb and works on another despite being basically identical. The same stick that fails on one pc, will work on another :tongue:

7. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

He's trying the hardware stuff first seeing it's been ripped apart anyway. Not sure how may USBs he has, see if he can try another one. Another ISO could be a hassle, he's on crappy wireless, it's unlimited but slow as hell, that'll be the next option though.

This is made harder because we live in different states so I can't exactly test all my USBs or do what I'd normally do :mad:.

8. Malakai

Malakai Member

Yeah use the Windows Media Creation tool fresh from MS. I picked up a 32GB SanDisk USB from the post office for like $6 not long ago. I think supermarkets have them too these days.

9. PJDeane

PJDeane New Member

Makes it hard when downloading a fresh one and express shipping it is faster than someone's bloody internet connection.

But don't worry everyone, the NBN is complete now...

Starky and MUTMAN like this.
  10. neRok

neRok Member

This is what my computer does on occasion when fiddling with bios settings, although I have Gigabyte mobo. Putting the CPU LLC on Turbo seems to help.

11. ben699

ben699 Member

any one found stock , or is it a matter of preorder and wait? still tossing up on a 5600 or jump to a 5900 mainly gaming but wouldnt mind the slightly higher cpu as i don't do upgrades often

Then to find a 3080 or wait for the Ti version as couldn't justify a 3090 to the misses

12. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

And the saga continues. Multiple USB tried, multiple ISOs, Media creation tool etc. Nothing works. Tried messing with legacy mode, UEFI, disabling CSM, still nothing. Cant count the amount of times he's made USBs using Rufus and Universal USB Installer. It boots, shows Windows logo then nothing at all.

The only thing he hasn't tried is a Linux USB to see if that boots but his internet has died in the ass again so no way of downloading an ISO atm. I've spent most of the day hunting around but haven't found anyone having these kinds of issues. He's talking about just buying a new board tomorrow and getting rid of the ASRock one.

I was thinking maybe a BIOS update but seeing I'm not sure if it's the USB, USB ports or motherboard atm that seems like to much of a risk in case it bricks the board.

Edit, ok think I might have figured it out. I didn't think to ask him the BIOS version till now, figured it was booting so it must be the 5000 series update... It's not, it's version 1.10 not 1.20 which supports the 5000 series.

But it's booting to the BIOS and everything which I didn't think it would do with an unsupported CPU :confused: which is why I didn't bother to ask till now. As far as I know no board should boot with an unsupported CPU, they require a BIOS update to boot, mine sure as hell wouldn't boot until the BIOS was updated.

Once his internet is back he'll try updating the god damn thing :mad:.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    RnR, MUTMAN and OJR like this.
  13. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

bios files are small. can he download it via mobile data ?

RnR likes this.
  14. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

His net finally came back, BIOS updated and it finally works. Took a few mins for the USB to actually load Windows but it's finally installing :thumbup:.

Just weird it booted with an unsupported BIOS. Edit, anyone else seen that at all before?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    MUTMAN likes this.
  15. netlord

netlord Member

So whats the best way to do a fresh windows 10 install?
    Ive got it loaded to a USB stick, but also have an old (original maybe) copy of it on a burnt dvd.

Any MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk users here? Whats your experience like with the Zen 3 cpu's?

16. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

I just reinstalled mine this morning with USB, no problems. The problems my friend was having were stupidity mixed with stupidity lol.

arasta, Gibbon, OJR and 2 others like this.
  17. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

check for any bios update
    use the M$ media creator and burn the image to a fast usb stick
    have all your drivers ready on a second stick

use ninite.com to load up a swag of programs with ease

netlord likes this.
  18. PJDeane

PJDeane New Member

5800x running like an absolute dream on the latest non-beta bios here. The combo doesn't like an IF over 1900 I've found, but I'm hoping that will change so I can crank my ram up to 4000hmz 1:1 in a future bios release.

netlord, RnR and MUTMAN like this.
  19. netlord

netlord Member

Good to know. Is there a bios update that officially supports Zen 3 yet?

Ive only got 3600 RAM (c16) so i might be able to get 3800 out of it (1900 IF).

20. combatant3219

combatant3219 Member

Do a fresh download onto a USB and install that way. Should be fewer updates to install if any assuming you use a recent download.

Also, 5900X happily humming along on X570 Tomahawk here running the latest Beta BIOS (v151). Only have my memory running at XMP right now, but I don't anticipate any trouble getting it up to 3733 or 3800 since I had that running on my previous B450 Tomahawk.

MUTMAN and netlord like this.