1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryzen 5000 Series Discussion

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Skramit, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Luno

Luno Member

And finally it turns up!

F36202A5-59DB-4534-BBF0-AE7DF11D5239.jpeg

Fai, RnR, Geno and 3 others like this.
  2. Geno

Geno Member

I've just looked into the Ryzen/Farcry promotion and Centrecom didn't give me a redemption code. Has anyone thats bought a Ryzen CPU gotten theirs from a retailer??

3. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Just had my first BSOD on the newly installed system. Stuffed if I know what caused it, crashed and restarted to quickly for it to create a dump file. Guessing Brave browser doesn't like being up with Read Dead going :rolleyes:. Got shit tons of Distributed COM errors (10016) as well.

Email them with your order number and ask for the code, had to do it with Umart. They send you the code then you go to AMD Rewards, make an account, enter the code, download the verifier, run it on the Zen 3 system, it gives you another code (I think), stick that into the AMD Rewards site then wait for your Far Cry 6 code once the games released :thumbup:.

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  4. Geno

Geno Member

Awesome thanks!

Are you overclocked? Ram on XMP? Fresh windows install?

5. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

I think there is a time limit to get the code for the AMD Rewards thing as well.

Nope not overclocked, manual memory timing, just fresh install of Windows, Enterprise LTSC 2019, build 1809.

6. Geno

Geno Member

Yeah that's what I thought. Have sent an email, web ticket and spent an 1hr on hold trying to get it sorted with Centrecom..

7. PJDeane

PJDeane New Member

Yeah, there's a couple official ones that are zen3 ready. Tbh, you're really not gaining much pushing to 3800 so I wouldn't stress it if you can't, it's just a little bit of extra oomph if your ram plays nice.

netlord likes this.
  8. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

New Asus bios out with AGESA V2 PI 1.1.9.0

stiben, MUTMAN and RnR like this.
  9. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Just had my second BSOD, not sure why because yet again it failed to create a dump file and it restarted to quick for me to see the error code thing. Doubt it has anything to do with the hardware because even with the old Windows install running on this I had no BSOD and that run for almost a month before I reinstalled it.

Thinking software conflict, not 100% sure what it could be because I've changed a bit of software, changed Chrome to Waterfox, Opera to Brave (my suspect atm). Avast to Kaspersky. Going to run it the rest of the day without Brave open and see what happens. My other suspect is Nvidia drivers (I always have issues with them) but I haven't seen any of the tell tale glitches that would show it's them.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  10. Malakai

Malakai Member

What does Event Viewer say?

11. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

I was about to say a whole lot of jack shit because I have so many COM errors but I just noticed it says a disk has a bad block... Disk 2 which is Windows :rolleyes: I tested this damn thing before sticking it in and installing to it.

Testing it again now but I guess if it's fucked it's fucked. I have my old Windows install still so I can stick that in till I get a replacement but it's damn annoying.

Edit, run a couple of quick tests with HD Tune Pro (trial), did mB, gB, sector & % all picked up nothing. I'll keep an eye on it and maybe clone this drive to my old one just in case...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  12. netlord

netlord Member

If it persists, relax the memory timings. Further, remove a DIMM and run it one at a time to help isolate.

13. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

The memory is running at it's stock speed and timings lol, been perfectly stable for year.

14. netlord

netlord Member

Cool ok.
    I was going off " manual memory timing", which could mean anything :)

15. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Ah sorry, just meant I wasn't using XMP because it's utterly useless lol.

netlord likes this.
  16. Ndsspex

Ndsspex Member

Havn't touched any secondary timing yet, but it seems somthing wrong with the L3 Cache, less than half of the theoretical value 1200gb/s, any ideas?

1.PNG

17. i7r7

i7r7 Member

5900x arrived this afternoon (along with a Asus TUF x570 plus), started tearing down my 6700k rig, took the mounting bracket off the AIO, flip it from Intel to AMD config.... only supports up to AM3 out of the box, need an upgrade kit for AM4 which nobody has anymore. Went to order a Noctua NH-D15 but it's too late to pick it up before they close. Grumpily reassembled 6700k...

Geno, Gibbon, RnR and 1 other person like this.
  18. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

^^ That's the sort of shit that happens to me. Every. Single. Time. :(

i7r7 likes this.
  19. i7r7

i7r7 Member

I even thought about it and checked the website. Notice how it says it's compatible with AM4 with no asterisk but then at the bottom it explains the non-existent asterisk :mad:
    240.png

arasta, Gibbon and MUTMAN like this.
  20. netlord

netlord Member

I was planning to use my existing H100 AIO, but like you it doesnt support AM4. Plus its over 8yrs old so the risk of wear n tear on my upcoming 5900x isnt worth it.
    That said, I ended up getting a EVGA 280 CLC II.

i7r7 likes this.