Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Skramit, Nov 7, 2019.
5900x and 5950x should have the same write
Umart told me Thursday 6pm listings go up and Zen3 unlock to be ordered at 11pm, this correlates with the USA launch time
i rang scorptec yesterday, and the told me its closely guarded by AMD, and would not confirm when they will available for order on their website.
They did then say "if its like the 3080 release, then they were up at 11pm launch day"
either way come thursday night, will be on spaming F5 ;D
I'm gonna wait until February and save a couple of hundred bucks. $1249 for a 5950X will be $1100 or less by then.
^ LOL no, 5950X will be between $1300 and $1400 AUD at launch I think. Won't be much if any lower than that in February. Because Australia TAX.
EDIT: 3950X was $1249 for the longest time here. The Zen 3 prices have increased at least $50 US over Zen 2 so they will be at least the equivalent of that difference and then some at retail here. No way they are $1249 here.
Yeah I agree. 3950x is still 1049 currently.
Current 3600x is 369 still.
A 100 increase upon Zen2 for replacement models seems to be how they are slicing this and I don't foresee it dropping with the state of the world and C19 right now. This will be a generation of tech with little discount (heck, zen2 still hasn't dropped to clear stock).
I was disappointed with Scorptec after my 3080 purchase, once ordered they announced on their socials they would include free postage with any cards ordered prior to the following sunday - regardless of fulfilment.
Fortunately, i received one of the first cards - however selected courier with insurance rather than Aust Post - given how much Aust post was struggling during Vic stage 4 lockdown.
I wrote to Scorptec (twice) regarding the free postage offer - to which they responded "was only for australia post deliveries". I wrote back - saying I understand i elected the more expensive higher priority shipping, and didn't expect them to pay that in full. I suggested that they could offer the equivalent as a credit on my account, or given i was hoping to purchase a 5900x when they come out, something towards that.
I didn't get a response, the online query ticket remains open for 4+ weeks now...
To be clear, i'm not angry about it - mostly disappointed as i'd rather support a Melbourne store (as a Melburnian myself) especially at times like these... but I now feel foolish looking to order through them again.
Leaves PCCG as my next best option i guess!
Well, I am now committed to Zen3 on Thursday night. My 3900x just sold
Wish me luck bois
haha i am in same boat, 3900x and 3700x sold... so yeah, in a bit of trouble if cant get to pick up 2 on Friday!
live on the edge!
You could pursue them for it if they didn't specify that it was for Australia Post only. Up to you how much it matters. My opinion is that businesses need to be accountable for their conduct and, in Queensland at least, if the judgement went your way they would have to pay the QCAT fee. Not sure what VCAT's rules are. Also note that I have not seen the specific details of the offer.
I am considering the same but am hesitant as I don't have a backup plan if stock is not available.
Fair point and I agree as it's the principle of the matter, however for $28 (yes, first world problems) going to VCAT is not in my consideration of responses.
Sharing my negative experience is as much effort as i'm willing to commit
Brave lads selling their CPUs now. I wish you luck on Thursday (so long as I get hold of one too )
Pretty much, i listed my CPU's on Sunday for Sale, saying to close thursday.
Im hopeful i dont have to pull the listings, as dont want to be that guy, will see what happens.
May just sell em anyway, dont have a backup plan, throwing myself in the deep end here...
Sounds very brave to me!! I would t be selling till after honestly expecting shortages all roubd
yeah i was bored on Sunday, and went, i have to sell my two 1080 Ti's anyway, so like, fuck it will sell the Zen2 cpu's whilst im at it, and very clear in my thread cant close to thursday, and when zen3 cpu's arrive Friday.
If i cant get my hands on them, then will have to simply pull the sale as situation changed, again not ideal, but i would never take money from another user, without my situation being 100% confirmed.
Idea was list them, close auctions on thursday night, late thursday order zen3, and pickup them up when stores open Friday morning.
On the provision everything goes to plan, no issues, if it doesn't go to plan, then thats on me, i get that. and doesn't faze me too much tbh. If other users dont like this then its simple, dont bid
That's extremely shitty but you do you I suppose.
Are they even going to let you buy two new AMD cpu's?
Shitty? its not like im using funds from another use to potentially fund a new project
Anyways. again, being transparent with it all, people dont want to bid, they dont have too.
Probably shoot myself in the foot, but tbh, dont care, 4-5 day listing for maximum exposure with no risk to the buyer. Sold a shit tonne of high end parts on here over the years, never an issue.
likely will have to be TWO different retailers. Expecting 1 per household limit
if you want to get technicaly, 3900x system is in 3146 and 3700x is in 3194. so technically 2 households!
i live within close range to SCORPTEC/PLE/CPL/MSY/PCCG/CENTRECOM -- so shouldnt be an issue. im hoping!
You'll get no argument from me on that one. I simply stated the $1249 mentioned a few posts earlier and translated it from an early adopters price to a more settled price in which the chips are no longer rarer than viable dinosaur eggs.
The numbers are not important, the principle will still apply.
I'm an hour drive from both
Don't think country can cross into metro yet. Might have to get a work permit to buy this gear. Restrictions still on?