1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by prezident doom, May 16, 2018.

1. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

2. SnooP-WiggleS

SnooP-WiggleS Member

Probably known months in advance it wasn't ready, but they needed some preorder money to pay for the extra time?

DangerMaus likes this.
  3. power

power Member

yeah i'd agree with this sentiment, most likely internally they just keep chugging along and when they don't hit certain milestones providing they have cash to keep going they decided a delay was appropriate. Good on them for doing that rather than the EA model of shart it out the door, that's good enough.

4. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Yeah I'm hoping the delays to Dying Light 2 and this will result in better products. It's a bit of a let down but I'm still hyped there is a sequel at all. Guess I'll have to replay Stalker Anomaly.

5. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

December 8th launch feels like another Cyberpunk christmas rush disaster incoming. Effectively says that we don't care what the actual status of the development is, we're releasing no matter what because we're chasing money.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  6. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

With each announcement I lose a little more faith in this game. From NFTs that they only backpedalled on after the resoundingly negative reception, to a last minute announcement of a delay to milk close to release pre-order money. I don't know if I should be shitty at the publisher for that strategy or laugh at people who still pre-order unknown digital goods with unlimited supply. This feels like another game with an impossible level of hype to live up to, I'll be watching the reviews and launch with interest.

Will love to be wrong and for the game to be a smash hit.

BuZeR and h2oxide like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    prezident doom

prezident doom Member

I'm OK with this from the perspective that it will give me the time/ money to build a REALLY nice PC to play it.

8. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I said the same thing about cyberpunk lol.

Kookooburra likes this.
  9. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

is this gonna be one of those games that stays in "alpha/beta" for 10 years like tarkov so that the devs can say " DONT COMPLAIN THE GAMES NOT EVEN FINISHED ".

I bet it is.

10. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

No

11. BuZeR

BuZeR Member

This.

Is a good point, similarly using cosmetics for a *reward* for preordering single-player games, is a concept I don't understand.

Wouldnt that mean you would look the same the whole way through your playthrough and not have any item customisation or progression... Kinda like games from the 90's?

12. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Can you walk me through this? What does a stalker nft look like? What specifically do you have a problem with?

Huh? Tarkov hasnt been out for ten years. A better analogy would be dayz or star citizen. Tarkov is often the highest streamed game, has constant updates and is for the large part always playable.

13. power

power Member

14. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

I know it hasnt been out for 10 years, I said its going to be stuck in beta for 10 years like tarkov, as in, this is the way tarkov is also going. I didn't use dayz because its basically a dead game and not many give a shit about its existance.

15. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Still interested in why you oppose the idea though. I am sure it will come in more titles that you like, I feel we haven't heard the last of this nft's in games.

16. OP
    OP
    prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Well December 8 will be pretty optimistic now. I think its fair to assume this will cop a substantial further delay.
    I just hope they have their files backed up to the cloud.

Straferight, Trizae and macktheknife like this.
  17. Trizae

Trizae Member

A very hefty delay hope their well being is ok though thats the most important thing.

FMXdzg9WQAQh7YT.png

source: https://twitter.com/GSC_GW/status/1496841871041216514

Sankari, VirtualNinja and rthy like this.
  18. Trizae

Trizae Member

Unsurprisingly development is on an indefinite hiatus entirely as their livelihood of themselves & their friends and family are put in question through their turmoil, godspeed to them.

Sankari likes this.
  19. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

It's weird. I mean we know that Russia is invading Ukraine. I get that they are at war and that's going to affect everyone in the country. But it sort of doesn't really click till you see something like this where a game is put on hold... because a war is raging in their country. Maybe I have this pre-imagined image of war being waged in a place where nothing else is happening aside from war. But I see this and think, "Hang on... Ukraine was a functioning country up till the point where Putin decided to start dropping bombs. It was going about normal life till the tanks started rolling in."

I dunno... I'm just having a surreal moment here.

Trizae, Azure-Drued and bart5986 like this.
  20. Azure-Drued

Azure-Drued Member

We're all in disbelief about this i think...not just you buddie.

FuzwaldQO and Trizae like this.