S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by prezident doom, May 9, 2009.

1. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game has been anounced :thumbup: This is great news for myself after completing Clear Sky for the 5th time a few days ago.

It should also be out this year (around October - November)

There are a few site around with good details:

Official: http://cop.stalker-game.com/?page=home
    Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=783200054&ref=profile#/pages/STALKER-Call-of-Pripyat/65391997297?ref=mf
    Distributor: http://www.bit-composer.com/www_en/game.aspx?gameid=f4aadcf4-a26a-4ec7-ab06-e6e2f5ab05dc

A few initial screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. BlackSniper87

BlackSniper87 Member

Hmm this is old news its been on techpowerup for nearly a week. I was wandering when a thread would pop up here

3. theone333

theone333 Member

lol @ avant garde helicopters crash. bad translation?

loved the first on. still have played the second one. need to fix that.
    coming out this year..thats great!

4. OP
    OP
    prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Yeah I kicked myself for not being onto this earlier....

5. budzilla

budzilla Member

I doubt it will be this year.

6. OP
    OP
    prezident doom

prezident doom Member

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: 2

It wold seem that the developers are also talking about a proper sequel for the series and it will run on CryEngine 3 :eek:

Note: Translated from German

7. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

I refuse to buy another STALKER game as long as it still made by the current mob. I've been lied to and deceived too many times. Too many features have either been broken or just plain not there as it gets close to release date. Game that is bugged like it never when through testing and following patches that break saved games and what not.

8. Kaine[zof]

Kaine[zof] Member

waaah waaah broken save games bawwwwwww.

ahem.

Sounds like you're missing out on the awesome modding community that STALKER has. Particularly SOC. The STALKER I play looks and plays nearly nothing like the STALKER I originally installed.

Oh well, your loss.

9. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

I love the STALKER game as much as the next guy and I'm well aware of the work the modding community has done to the game but FFS, I don't spend my cash on a game hoping the home brew crew fixes up the fuck ups the developer make or were to lazy to fix.

10. Mcbane

Mcbane Member

What mods u runnin K ?

Btw i think patch updates killing savegame issues are fixed in clearsky onwards so u dont have to worry about it anymore .....i hope

11. OP
    OP
    prezident doom

prezident doom Member

There are some advantages to it. I have played it on pretty much each patch and the game changes so much between each patch that it has been pretty much a new game each time lol

Yeah they are. The last 3 or so patches have been ok with existing save games... also there was a new patch released a few days ago.

12. Jaker

Jaker New Member

Hmm, that's cool news. I loved the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R (one of my fav games), but I'm still yet to play Clear Sky...maybe this mid-semester break I'll get into it...

Glad to hear they're continuing on the series though. The sequel on the Cry3 engine sounds cool too.

13. Vassili

Vassili Member

I would be excited, but given that clear sky still wont run for more than 10 minutes without crashing...

14. flinchy

flinchy Member

STALKER was great. made of awesome and win.

clear sky lagged like a bitch and crashed half an hour into the game
    without fail, 6 times in a row. it got uninstalled. fast.

i never did get far into clear sky, it simply would not let me.

15. Mcbane

Mcbane Member

Download the latest patch 1.5009 that 10 min crash was fixed about 3 0r 4 patches back
    Also CS thrashes systems bigtime if u have have a vga overheat issue it will bring it out

I had the same issues you guys had and it made me aggro but definately worth a retry all the Stalker games are great when finally patched rule of thumb with stalker games is wait a couple of months b4 u buy/play em patch then enjoy
    and if you do retry it make sure you crank all the new DX10.1 eye candy it looks awesome but isnt on by default

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  16. Willybomb

Willybomb Member

Cleaning the dust out of the vgaHSF will probably fix that, although I fixed it with a zalman cooler.

Anyway, I had played a fair bit of CS but forgot to backup the saves over a system upgrade/reinstall. I've put it back on and marvelled at the better graphics (gone from a xp2800+ w/6800gt to e6850 w/9800gt) but it feels a bit too much like hard work to get back where I was. Don't know if I'll be going back.

17. tfroggydawg

tfroggydawg Member

great news... shame it runs so bad on my 280gtx when I crank it up :(

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  18. Mcbane

Mcbane Member

@ willybomb
    If you dont want to start again post up where u were up to and ill mail u a save
    if i have one

@ tfroggydawg
    Yeh the eye candy comes at high price it brought my C2Q 9450@3680 - 2 x HD 4870 in xfire to its knees at max quality 8x anis no AA 1920x1200 i was gettin like average fps 10 -30 fps max

i had to drop quality to 2 x anis and reduce a couple of settings to get it to run 25fps and above but it still looked awesome especially with the liquid surfaces on and rainy / stormy weather

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Hmmmm, well I guess I should be excited......although STALKER the originaly really didn't do a lot for me in the end. I gave up on it.

I'll still try this though.

20. Vassili

Vassili Member

I have the latest patch, latest drivers for everything, clean vista install and a watercooled cpu... clear sky just hates me.

Nonetheless, thats a different topic, Im sure that by the third game they will have learned to release one that, you know, works.