Safest Place To Buy Bit Coins?

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by NitroGuy, Jan 31, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    NitroGuy

NitroGuy Member

Does anyone know?

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

3. clonex

clonex Member

--- Mad gains to be made when it shoots back up ---

Shill

Havent heard of a single exchange that wont let you transfer out bitcoin purchased but i could be wrong.

Had no issues with coinspot/btcm

4. Talsek

Talsek Member

What do you mean by Bitcoin "website". Do you mean a payment company like Bitpay or something?

If they accept any kind of cryptocurrency through a payment company then any transaction shouldn't be a problem. Why would they reject a payment just because of it's origin? It's not like you can do chargebacks using cryptocurrency

5. OP
    OP
    NitroGuy

NitroGuy Member

Thanks!

When you used your credit card, how long did it take for the bitcoins to be transferred to your account?

Keep in mind I've never purchased bit coins before.

Thank you.

6. OP
    OP
    NitroGuy

NitroGuy Member

I've never bought bit coins before and I've never sent bit coins to anyone so I'm still nervous about it.

When I send bit coins to a merchant, is it possible for the merchant to see my name? How does it work?

How does the merchant know I sent him the bit coins? Is it possible for me to test this for myself like how I can send money from one Paypal account of mine to another Paypal account of mine?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  7. pezzy

pezzy Member

^on an exchange, a username is assigned a unique bitcoin address. its just a matter of sending bitcoins into that address for the exhange to recognise your payment. i imagine a merchant will have a similar setup. they wont be able to see your name, only the public bitcoin address used (to send and receive). where it is traceable to your name, is when you convert your aud to btc or vice versa.

you can test out how it works by creating 2 bitcoin wallets and use their public address to test out a transaction. do keep in mind of the fees involved and do a quick check of the address before clicking send. each transaction with have a transaction ID where you can check the progress on https://blockchain.info/

8. OP
    OP
    NitroGuy

NitroGuy Member

Thanks so much for that reply!

I'm still trying to decide on which bit coin company to buy bit coins from.

9. OP
    OP
    NitroGuy

NitroGuy Member

Is this the website you're referring to? https://www.btcmarkets.net/

mixology likes this.
  10. mixology

mixology Member

11. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

The question you need to ask yourself is can you just throw that money down the drain without any concerns whatsoever?

12. WuzzA21

WuzzA21 Member

I have a question about btcmarkets?
    With the bpay option. It gives you an account but no personal reference number. How do they know where the funds have come from once you have deposited?
    Can someone help a simpleton out?

13. koss

koss Member

Anyone tried Bitsquare yet? It doesn't do AUD but does USD and EUR. Opensource, decentralized.

14. jpw007

jpw007 Member

You should have both a Biller Code & Customer Reference# for BPay. Biller code comes back as "Bill Buddy" iirc. You may need to press 'Deposit AUD' or 'Show AUD details' or something to that effect for it to show, i cant recall tbh but i've never had issues using BPay with them and all the details i needed were on my accounts page.

15. WuzzA21

WuzzA21 Member

I'm a idiot. When i was looking last i couldn't see the reference number anywhere under the bpay icon, only the biller code. I must admit, i have been unwell in the last 5 days.