Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Edition

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by hosh0, Oct 17, 2013.

1. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Any updates?

I think the model listed in the email is the WiFi only model.

2. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I went there around midday. One of their sales guys said he recalls seeming some stock, but they were quickly sold off so they couldn't designate any to be demo models. No definite eta of restock but should be in soon.

I also went to JB in strand arcade and Pitt St mall, neither had stock.

I didn't check DSE on George St.

3. Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces Member

Nice.

I hope to have a look at one of these soon.

4. Aequitas

Aequitas Member

Hi. Very new to android. Never really got into tablets. But have just bought a tab2 10.1 and have been offered a note 10.1 (gt-n8000). How does the n8000 compare to the tab2? Been using the tab for a few days and is taking somegetting used to but we like it. What are the differnces/adv/disadv of the note? And is $150 for a 6month old n8000 32gb with case a good price please?

5. Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces Member

Well just saw the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition at JB HiFi today and comparing it to the iPad Air, I noticed that I like the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 in terms of overall UI, but I really liked the iPad Air for its smooth performance.

I wish the JB HiFi display models had more apps installed on the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Heck, they didn't even have WiFi enabled on it.

Lazy JB HiFi.

6. flu!d

flu!d Never perfect, always genuine

Developer options > force GPU rendering = just as smooth as an iOS Device.

7. 2SHY

2SHY Member

You were looking at the WiFi model which has the Exynos processor and not a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 of the LTE model. They won't put the LTE version out because it's too expensive as a display unit.

That, said it is out on Telstra's network.

8. flu!d

flu!d Never perfect, always genuine

Nothing wrong with an Exynos processor, it's still a very capable unit and shouldn't show any signs of lag at all.

9. Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces Member

The new Exynos 5450 coming to the Galaxy S5 next year is rumored to be based on 14nm technology and will be 64-bit.

10. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

I've just got one of these through work and it came with some horrible faux leather case with one of those squishy bluetooth keyboards, which is HORRIBLE for typing on! Feels like I've got neoprene gloves on, I have to really mash the keys to make them work.

Has anyone found a hard shell with a proper (i.e. actual keys) bluetooth keyboard for the Note 2014 yet? (e.g. like this one for the Note 10.1)

11. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Wanting this as well.

I have the official Samsung Book Cover, I feel it doesn't offer enough protection. Wouldn't mind having a keyboard cover. XDA has quite a few reviews on many cases.

Also, thinking about buying the Telstra Pre Paid Data+ plan. Just cannot decide on which capacity yet.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  12. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

Sweet, thanks 2SHY! And the second thread in that forum: [Q] Bluetooth keyborad with case (faithfully reproduced with splling - I will have to read this thread later!)

13. Reanimated35

Reanimated35 Member

I'm holding out in the hopes that Kensington make a folio case for this one too. That one is great for the 2012 model my wife has.