Samsung Galaxy Note 20 August

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Kookooburra, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

New "powerful" exynos for note 20

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  2. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

So now the note 20 will be on par with sd865, that said their biggest problem is ensuring the 100x zoom model/s have an effective camera experience.

3. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

This is supposedly how the note 20 will look.
    100x space zoom is no longer advertised nor does it exist, but its supposed to have 4x optical, but not sure about digital.

I get the feeling that this time round the camera will be excellent by every criteria, i think they've HW modified the sensor and added laser auto focus.

Not sure but I think 8ks been bumped to 30fps, so that might be useful as well.

Its also got 120hz at Max resolution, etc, etc.

This should be what the s20s should've been, either way, because of the overall quality of the Samsung galaxy experience, this should easily be the best phone ever made.

The Samsung galaxy experience=
    Premium build.
    Premium screen
    Premium sound
    Premium OS
    Premium feature set

Fingers crossed the note 20 will also have the best overall camera experience, and if it does, it'll be the best overall phone on the market and will have by default the best screen and OS, plus top 3 or the best by virtually every other criteria.

I base these opinions on my own samsung ownership and the hundreds of reviews I've watched over the yrs.

4. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

50x zoom, and DPAF....hooray, it should be one of the best camera experiences this time.

5. booboo

booboo Member

mixed feelings about this, was going to get the note 7 but order was cancelled so went with an s8 when it came out. timing is right as its just after tax time but it'll be around 2k which is alot for a phone. i do look after phones and make them last as my s8 has 0 marks on it but its time for an upgrade soon. if i get one it'll be a pre order to get some kinda freebi

6. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Must you buy it outright ?

7. booboo

booboo Member

In the past ive got phones outright on much cheaper plans. This time if i get the note ill look at both options

Kookooburra likes this.
  8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Gorgeous edgeless/bezelless screen, love it.

9. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Feels like the S20 Ultra with tweaks... the focus is mostly solved in the latest update.

Bring on the S21!

10. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

It's better looking than the Ultra imo, and the camera experience should be superior as it comes with HW changes directly related to the problems that the Ultra camera module had.
    I'd almost be prepared to eat my left foot if the camera wasn't the best overall, admittedly the S21 should be a killer phone, but it seems like the NOTE line fixes any problems the S series had, and thankfully Samsung went the whole 9 yards and "fixed" the sensor/lens ratio, not just a major SW upgrade.

The Note Ultra is 6.9in, but not sure of the AR, I think mine is 6.7in but 19:9, whereas the S20's are 20:9, and that's one of the reasons I didn't upgrade to the s20+ as it had a smaller footprint and looks bland as hell.

Auto focusing issues are simply unacceptable in this day and age and especially with beyond Apple pricing models.....Samsung not only over engineered the S20 Ultra, they also under developed it SW wise, certainly at launch.

11. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Note launch date August 20.

2 models, note 20+ and note 20.

Imo, the the base note 20 is somewhat of a downgrade compared to the plus model, theres downgrades all over the place and I consider 6.7 or greater to be the best screen size.

Fyi, I had the samsung s10+ 6.4in for a few weeks before I moved to the mighty s10 5G 6.7in, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much better the .3in made.

These modern phones are in weird aspect ratios, 19:9/20:9/21:9, but at least for me i prefer 19:9 otherwise the screen only serves to watch 2.35 1080p movies etc.

Somewhere between 6.8in and 7in 19:9 is the ultimate in screen size, weight and overall size imo.

We'll be getting the exynos 992, but this should be on par with the sd865, so no more 15-20% deficit, and samsung is also working on the exynos 1000 which should be a proper beast.

Its possible samsung will release another note with a 6.7in display and hopefully upgrade it to the note 20 spec....i really dislike the note 6.4.

If Samsung get the note 6.9in right, it'll be the boss and will probably be the best phone till the note21.

I think I'd rather the ordinary s20+ over the underwhelming note 20 6.4in.

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Absolutely gorgeous looking phone. Kills iPhones in the looks department full stop.

Kookooburra likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Comparison between Note 20 Ultra and S20 Ultra.
    some good news is the AR is supposed to be 19:4.

8k has been upped to 30fps, so it might prove useful this time but not sure about OIS at 8k.

It should fix all/most of the annoyances of the s20 ultra, should be over spec-ed, should be the best phone ever made.

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

That's interesting, not a lot of real difference between the two, and probably most would not notice the small differences. Would the 4500 vs 5000 battery life make much of a diff?

15. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

it's approx 10%.
    That said I think the Note 20 is 6.7in rather than 6.4in, so not much, but it also depends on whether the Note 20 has 100% 120hz mode, as the Ultra does.

16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I wouldn't be worried about 10%. The other things that stood out was I think 50 vs 100x optical zoom. Well that wouldn't concern me either. Otherwise with a few other small diffferences the layperson won't really notice much difference if any.

17. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

You mean digital zoom. I would love to have 100x optical zoom. Any way I hope Samsung would drop Exynos SoC and use Snapdragon for all regions.

The only time that Exynos beat snapdragon in CPU power was in S7 and this was due to the fact that Snap Dragon in the S7 has 4 cores while Exynos has octa cores.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  18. booboo

booboo Member

If i do go ahead with one of these, will the same thing happen as last time i preordered a note (note 7 was preordered but never came) :p . My good old s8 was my first samsung and still going ok with 0 scratches or marks but time for an upgrade.

19. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

The exynos 992 in our region should be as powerful as a 865, however if the other countries get a 865+, then it'll be the most powerful.
    Samsung will use a very powerful exynos 1000 next year, but I wouldn't be too concerned about 992 as my S10 with a significantly slower exynos vs 992 is still very fast.
    I'd never consider another phone atm, as Samsung are the best almost everywhere and especially where it counts, including the best and most comprehensive OS.
    Slight hick up with some aspects of the s20 range notwithstanding, lol.

to booboo.
    Samsung showed a video detailing their massive quality control scheme to ensure batteries are safe, plus the Note 20 will use the new low power screen, so demand on battery should diminish if it's even a factor.

480p looks HD on my 6.7in supamoled, and anyone who sees my screen IRL is immediately impressed.
    Samsung and 6.7-6.9in FTW hahahaahahhahaa

20. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

So basically we always get second rated phone for the same price.