Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SD805 2.7GHz\1440p - Galaxy Note Edge

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by 2SHY, Sep 4, 2014.

1. 2SHY

2SHY Member

+SD805 2.7GHz
    +3GB LPDDR3, 32GB NAND + microSD
    +5.7” 1440p Super AMOLED
    + 2G / 3G / 4G LTE (Qualcomm MDM9x35 UE Category 6 LTE)
    +Dimensions 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5 mm, 176 grams
    + 16MP Rear Facing w/ OIS, 1/2.6" CMOS size (Sony IMX240), F/2.0, 3.7MP FFC w/ F/1.9 aperture
    + 3220 mAh, 3.85V, 12.397 Whr
    + Android 4.4.4 with TouchWiz UX
    + 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + BT 4.1, USB2.0, GPS/GNSS, MHL, DLNA, NFC

Anandtech hands on

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  2. ronald_r32

ronald_r32 Member

Looks like a pretty standard note upgrade, will be adding this to new phone considerations as my current note 2 is coming up for replacement shortly.

Why has it gone back to usb2?

3. brettmo86

brettmo86 Member

nothing that really makes me want to upgrade from my note 3...

4. archie

archie Member

what about the Note edge??

5. Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces Member

Looks like a huge step in the right direction in terms of the design.

The 3.7 MP front facing camera is a bit overkill though.

The QHD AMOLED display looks extremely impressive... would like to see one 1st hand.

I will probably upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or the Galaxy S6 next year when my contract expires. Unless LG or HTC release phones that can surpass the Galaxies at that time (unlikely).

6. thecondor

thecondor Member

Seems that Samsung has run out of design ideas.

Everything is looking the same.

7. Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces Member

Really? We can say the same thing for the iPhone and all the other smartphones on the market. They all look the same. The new iPhone will likely be have a resolution of only 1080p and 4.7"... again it will look exactly the same as the iPhone 5S only larger. No changes to the design.

Samsung just announced the Galaxy Note Edge as well:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/3/6101097/galaxy-note-edge-samsung-announcement-curved-display-ifa
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Source: The Verge and GSM Arena

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
  8. MB403

MB403 Member

Code:

3gb ram.. really! Fail..!!

"Why has it gone back to usb2" Epic Fail..!!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  9. Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces Member

What were you expecting? 4GB RAM? Unless your comment was being sarcastic of course...

Btw the new iPhone will still have 1GB RAM. According to your logic, that is triple fail, yet millions of people will buy it just because it's the iPhone.

10. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I just worry about the longevity of the warped edge and future OS updates etc. I imagine getting it to run is a bit of a hack since it's almost treated OS wide as a separate display.

It does look stupid cool though. I'd almost like one + the new gear S watch.

Leave the note in the pocket or bag all day and just use the watch.

11. thecondor

thecondor Member

Give it up already champ.

People dont have to love samsung like you do. Its ok....the world will keep spinning. :thumbup:

Its a forum its for people to express their opinion.

12. MB403

MB403 Member

4gb would have been awesome! Note 2 had 2 and that was better than current devices at the time. Room to grow. 3gb is standard today. 4gb would have been what I was hoping for.

13. Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces Member

List all phones with 3GB RAM and list those with less than 3GB RAM. I can assure you that it's mostly Samsung smartphones that have 3GB RAM.

Why?

Because Samsung sources all of its RAM components internally from Samsung itself. So it can afford to put 3GB RAM, whereas other companies like Apple and HTC need to buy it from Samsung/SK Hynix at a premium. That's why Apple iPhones cost so much... they source all their components externally.

14. MB403

MB403 Member

Be that as it may, I personally would have liked 4gb. I wonder if perhaps we will see 4gb added in a later model like the note 3 had with a later release. (Small advances/changes etc)

15. Sabien

Sabien Member

16. WuzzA21

WuzzA21 Member

Not too keen on the Edge, i think dropping it will teach us a few things about this new second screen.

17. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

They've addressed my main gripe with the note 3 - the plastic fantastic chrome surround... but that's not enough to make me sell up and drop another 900 bucks.

re: Edge... seems like further bastastidisation of the Android concept, but the s-pen devices have never been known for adhering to the concept of pure android!

re RAM there's probably be a million variants of the phone with different CPU and memory configs anyway.

18. sanjay

sanjay Member

looks like samsung are really committing to throwing the FM Radio into the bin.

thats fine, i wont be buying another one of your phones for as long as you fail to include this pretty basic feature.

reckon i'll get myself a cheap Z2 once the Z3 is in full release cycle. i love my Z Ultra but it is just too tall. :( (still tempted by the LG G3).

19. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

I'm happy with my Note 3 too, but I can't help wanting the metal edge, QHD screen and fast charge features :D . If reviews go well, as usually, I'll wait for the first round of price drops before taking the plunge.

As for the The Note Edge, really impartial to it until I get my hands on a demo. From initial hand-on review, the curved part seems to be a operate entirely separate from the main screen, which is good because it's almost like a secondary screen rather than floating widget or bar on the side.

20. Crosspeen

Crosspeen Member

I would love to see a version that used the forward facing camera to turn it into an augmented reality headset