Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SD805 2.7GHz\1440p - Galaxy Note Edge

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by 2SHY, Sep 4, 2014.

1. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

Sorry, not what I meant by quick. I was referring to time taken to release the update, not so much the speed of the OS. I had the S2 and 3 and never really had the complaints others had about touchwiz. I really don't mind it

2. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Oh, my bad! Yes couldnt believe the edge received lollipop within a few months of release. Almost unheard of in samsung land.

3. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

My company makes power bank so I know all about cables, charging and batteries. Plus my wife ia using the Note 4. There is no fast charge USB 2.0 cable, only adaptors.

Yes, cable should be replaced (not fixed...) on the spot and the sales rep are stupid and lost a customer because they could cough up a $5 cable.

4. Qtr_Mile_Stud

Qtr_Mile_Stud Member

If anyone wants a used but free clear thin plastic cover shoot me a pm and its yours

5. Ciny

Ciny Member

Hi guys

Got my Note Edge yesterday from Harvey Norman, brought it outright, I have been having a small issue with it.

After about 1-3 hrs of using it, I will loose all signal, its happened quite a few times, I have to restart the phone to get any signal back, everything apart from calls, texting and mobile data work fine.

I have a pre paid amaysim sim card in it which I have used for a while in my LG G3 never had any issues with signal loss, so I'm pretty sure its not my sim card. I've gone over all the settings in the phone and they are all fine

Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Could really use any ideas on what to do.

Thanks

6. WuzzA21

WuzzA21 Member

Take it back.

7. islade

islade Member

I just flashed the Indian sm-910g 5.0.1 ROM onto my Australian note 4 and its much smoother than before. Highly recommended. I did a factory reset then flash with Odin :)

8. Ace of Aces

Ace of Aces Member

You most likely got a faulty device. Take it back and ask for an exchange.

9. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

I purchased a Note 4, my first android phone, about a week ago. I still unfamiliar with the lingo used regarding my new toy.
    Any "hacks popular amung the OCAU community?
    I am curious about the new OS that is discussed. I take it there is no release date yet for Aussies. Is it worth try to manually update ?

10. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

AFAIK the only lollipop ROM out there for the Note 4 sm-n910g is the indian version. You will need to learn how to flash with Odin. It's reasonably straightforward and you can always flash an aussie version over it when it's released. Yes, you can select english language lol.

ROMs are almost always posted here before being sent out for an over-the-air update:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N910G/

Just make sure yours is a 910G (not a C or an F or a K or whatever). If it's australian stock it should be.

Not so many 'hacks' for samsung phones these days, given flashing custom roms and rooting the devices will trigger an irreversible flag called knox. You might want to look at a third party launcher (e.g. nova), as they tend to run faster/smoother than the samsung launcher known as touchwiz. Get some cool widgets happening (zooper widget pro is amazing, check out some of the themes available for it!).

Should be enough keywords in there to get googling with lol.

11. Julz

Julz Member

Sorry a noob question here, does flashing with Odin void warranty? Does it trigger the 'tamper' bit or whatever the flag is called? I've got a Vodafone AU Note 4 but keen to flash it to Lollipop

12. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Not with official Samsung images

13. Julz

Julz Member

So could I download the official Indian ROM from Sammobile and use Odin to flash it without screwing with my warranty?

14. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

I beg to differ.

If your phone is Aus stock, and you flash the phone with non-aus firmware, even with official samsung firmware, you void your warranty.

This happened to me with my S3 (aus stock, flashed with HK firmware, samsung australia wouldn't honour the warranty).

15. Julz

Julz Member

Did you flash back to the AU firmware before you tried claiming warranty? Or did it trip the void warranty bit?

16. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

yeah, make sure you flash back to aus firmware.

but if your phone died (hardware problem) before you can flash your phone back to aus firmware, you're f@#cked :Paranoid:

17. NormM

NormM Member

If the phone is dead because of hardware, how are Samsung going to know what firmware is installed?

18. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

Depends on what hardware. If they had to replace the whole motherboard, maybe they won't know.

19. Julz

Julz Member

Well I flashed the Indian Lollipop rom and seems to be working fine. Much smoother. Knox warranty bit still OK. I may need to flash back as I just found out that supposedly the Indian rom doesn't support Gear VR :( My battery life seems better so far but probably too early to tell.

20. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

Flashed to 5.01. No issues so far.