Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SD805 2.7GHz\1440p - Galaxy Note Edge

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by 2SHY, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Wisdome

Wisdome Member

Question: I was holding out from buying the note 4 to see what the gs6 would bring. Would you guys recommend get a second hand phone such as the note 3 and wait for the note 5 or get the note 4 now? Thanks in advance :)

2. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

The note 5 wont make an appearance till at-least late Sep/October, when you think about it, its not that far away.

However, new phones come out every year so depends what you want to do. Any reason you dont want the GS6, its an amazing phone, minus the sealed battery and no microsd card, but apart from that its a pretty damn awesome phone, shits all over the HTC M9.

But yeah, so many awesome phones are coming out, like the LG G4, lets see what Sony brings to the table, ect ect.

The Note4 is an amazing phone, i upgraded it from the Note3 and love it, however its last years phone so if i was in your situation, i'd wait or atleast aim for a 2015 phone.

3. yellows2k

yellows2k Member

im running a note2, since jan 2013. no issues with it. my brothers have a note 3 and note 4 respectively. while nice and all, i dont see what features they have that im missing out on.
    for my needs, a note 2 is plenty. its always great to have the biggest and best, but if it works, then i wont change, setup is also a hassle in some respects

4. Julz

Julz Member

Just wanted to let people know that the Indian Lollipop firmware supports Gear VR :) Tried it out last night. No need to downgrade anymore!

5. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

When will we get an OTA update to Lollipop, taking forever!

6. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

So anything good about lolipop so far? Im quite happy with the stock version so no hurry to upgrade.

7. Julz

Julz Member

Lollipop seems much faster. Definitely worth installing. Native unlock support for trusted Bluetooth devices is handy. But speed is a big thing for me because my note was running like crap on kit kat. The multitasking menu would take seconds before it displayed. There is still a delay though... not buttery smooth like the S6 I tried in store :(

8. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I've been using my note edge for a while now and the longer I use it the more frustrating I'm finding it. At first it was good but now more and more my sms are becoming unreadable as the auto correct is going berserk and changing words after I've typed them. It's annoying having to proof read to make sure what you say makes sense

The camera takes FOREVER to focus the first time you use it. Want to snap a quick photo of something that's happening? Better get another phone as it takes a good 30 - 40 seconds to realise it's meant to be focusing on further away than a few cm away. i've tried everything and I can't stop it happening.

The bit I hate most about this phone and why I would NEVER recommend it. The touchscreen is too freaking sensitive. I try to scroll down the screen and the stupid phone clicks wherever I put my finger to keep scrolling. I'm always fighting with this retarded thing to scroll though Facebook for example without opening a page I don't want. The only way to properly scroll though a website without clicking a link is to use the stylus. Even the lightest touch and off the phone goes opening something I don't want. I hate this phone so much. I can easily scroll though Facebook on my iPhone 6 without it clicking on everything unlike this stupid thing and I didn't have this issue with the s5/note 2 either

Does anyone else have the issue with the phones screen being too sensitive and opening links when trying to scroll? It drives me insane

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  9. Julz

Julz Member

Make sure you dont have the glove mode on. It makes rhe screen super sensitive so you can use it wearing thick gloves.

10. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yea its definitely off. I found that setting ages ago. It's too sensitive normally. I'd hate to see it with ultra sensitive mode on lol

11. Julz

Julz Member

You could try adding a tempered glass screen protector on top :)

12. esaitchkay

esaitchkay Member

13. WuzzA21

WuzzA21 Member

Enjoy a non apple product.
    Battery won't be as good as the iPhone 6, but these note 4's use sweet F all, considering the size and grunt they have.

I close my apps regularly, but that doesn't seem to change the battery use. It just starts up every app fresh, ie. Instagram.
    just customize everything!

14. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

Woo! Lollipop was released for Aus phones yesterday (unbranded, no idea on branded). Quite snappy, though the upgrade did heat the phone up a little more than expected, and chew through 18% of my battery in the 5ish minutes it took. After that, everything seems ok

15. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

[​IMG]

Telstra Note 4 user here.

16. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

17. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

18. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

interesting, is it pretty straight forward to do? Any thing i should know about?
    the instructions seem easy enough. Im just afraid ill brick my phone, I've never done this before

19. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

20. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

The update is available for me... but too scared it will atuff up my phone as 8 curre tly have no issues with the current firmware.