Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SD805 2.7GHz\1440p - Galaxy Note Edge

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by 2SHY, Sep 4, 2014.

1. commando

commando Member

My note 4 seems very loud. Theres that little volume booster button that you can press while on a call as well

2. flemko1

flemko1 (Banned or Deleted)

where about is this volume booster, i can not seem to find it ?? also to how about when you play music ??

3. commando

commando Member

theres a round button which shows up when a call connects which allows you to increase the volume

4. mils1

mils1 Member

How does music relate to calls, are you using it on loudspeaker? Loudspeaker on this phone is crap like any other phone with a rearward facing speaker.

5. yippy

yippy Member

You can use the volume up and down buttons during a call to adjust the call volume.

6. commando

commando Member

There's a separate button that lets you increase the volume even more.

[​IMG]

7. flemko1

hey that does not pop up on mine ?? are you using the edge or not 4 ??

anyways i turned off noise reducuction or what ever it is called seemed to help. one quick question.. about the sound on the music player, anyone else find it not loud enough ? or is it because it's on the back ?? stupid thing by samsung if you ask me but i am pretty sure my sg5 had the same issue

8. commando

commando Member

Nope, Galaxy Note 4. It'll only show up when a call is answered

9. shizmo

shizmo Member

I have investigated the volume level on the note 4, it seems to be a an OS limited thing. One option is to use easier to drive headphones.

The other option is to hack around it to boost the volume, there used to be an app that did this and worked very well, but i think last few versions of updates the control method for this has been disabled. The app was Volume+ i had great success with it before but not so much now since they broke it.

There are config hacks that deal with boosting the 'gain' that some people says solves it but I have yet to try it (no root atm).

http://www.naldotech.com/how-to-increase-samsung-galaxy-note-4-speaker-volume/

Edit : what I did in the meantime is using 3rd party music player push all sliders of the levels to max

10. claf-43

claf-43 Member

not running

11. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I personally don't recommend s5 either. Of all the Samsung phones I've owned it's been my least favourite.

I upgraded to the note edge on the weekend and I'm in love. The only issue I have is it is impossible to find a genuine Samsung case for it! No retail stores have it and you can't order directly from Samsung. Does anyone know where I can get one? Is rather not go to ebay as I'm worried I'll pay $60 for a "genuine" case and end up with a cheap knock off

12. flemko1

@commando

What version of the note for have you got ?? N910G

and still that button does not pop up for some reason.. it does not matter anymore cause my sound is just find just curious if it is because of the different model compared to the hk version which is like N910F or something

13. flemko1

And i also agree with the above comments as i did have the SG5 before.. i would defiantly upgrade, the camera is perfect if you like taking selfies :p and why not get a bigger screen + love the s pen

14. dodgyr

dodgyr Member

I ended up buying a cheap knock off of eBay until there is Samsung stock available so that I don't damage the phone in the meantime. But having had the knock off, I am now not going to get the Samsung one anymore. Although the quality of the knock off is not bad, I find that because of the design, it tends not to stay closed (which is annoying) and if I dropped the phone, it won't actually be of much use (protection wise). I am now going to get a case off Amazon US together with an amorsuit through a mail forwarding service.

15. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I wonder if the samsung one is like that. The Note 2 official case used to stay closed but the S5 one was alot stiffer so when you opened it fully then tried to close it the front of the case would open up on it's own. The only way to stop it from doing that was to lay it with the face down until the hinge reset back to a closed position then it'd stay closed

The case I have at the moment is a cheap knockoff that I got from a phone case place and it has a little strap that keeps it closed. The only issue is that it covers the edge screen which makes it pointless when closed as you have to open the case to swipe on it.

That and the holes don't properly align with the power button or the volume (it's soft plastic so it still allows you to press the buttons). Also I miss the fact that the screen auto turns on when you open the case as the cheap knockoff does not do that. You have to open the case then press the button to get the screen to light up whereas with my official S5 case when you opened it the screen would turn on automatically

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  16. mils1

mils1 Member

I got the Otter box Symmetry case & it has really good protection, also have a tempered glass protector (dragon fire glass, halo but no dust). Kinda wanted the original Samsung hard cover as it appears slimmer than the Symmetry, it would of been the same price including shipping but I feel the Symmerty does a good job keeping the dust out (Good trade case).

17. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

Here to confirm that the genuine is indeed shit. or at least, it pissed me off. Nightwish, its similar to the S5 in that respect - if you open it fully, for it to stay closed you need to put it face down. Defeats part of the purpose in my opinion

Having said that, If anyone is after a genuine charcoal S-View Cover for one of these, let me know, I might consider selling mine :)

18. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I might be keen lol. Depending on price ;)

I went into an optus shop and got a case mate case which leaves the edge uncovered but the hinge is soft so it does not open itself. I just wish I could get the fancy edge clock and auto screen turn on when you open it. But seems like only official Samsung will do it

19. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Im using the ringe flex on the note edge and strongly recommend it for some cheap protection. Fits beatutifully and leaves the edge unencumbered.

20. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

I'm using the Ringke Fusion on my Note 4. Much happier with it than the S-View Cover. It even came with a cut out so that you can stick our own pretty picture on the back! :)