Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SD805 2.7GHz\1440p - Galaxy Note Edge

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by 2SHY, Sep 4, 2014.

1. metalrain

metalrain Member

So I went with the Note 4 over the Edge because I wanted to avoid accidentally hitting that extra bit of the screen according to few reviews. Anyway, the phone is a slightly bigger than I expected, but a lot thinner too so it does sit quite snugly in my Asian hands.

I am wondering if I should bother with a case since even the thinnest one would make it that bit more bulky and awkward to handle.

Click to view full size!

Here it is with my old "small" S3 4G, which feels so tiny now that I'm getting used to the Note 4.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. wraith666

wraith666 Member

Managed to get an early upgrade on the wife's phone. Got her a Note 4. Note Edge seems to be a bit of a pain. Love it so far and a great upgrade from her old HTC M7. I got a Note 3 and it definitely looks like it would be worth the upgrade.

3. metalrain

metalrain Member

Not sure if I should be asking this here or not, but what is the bestest and slimmest case/back cover for the Note 4? I just want to be able to lay my phone on its back without scratching or damaging the camera. Features like wireless charging would be nice but unnecessary.

Just picked up a cheapo silicone case while I do my research.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  4. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Ringke slim

5. metalrain

metalrain Member

Ordered this gaudy as heck Nillkin Bumper in orange just before you replied...

6. Qtr_Mile_Stud

Qtr_Mile_Stud Member

Anyone find battery life for the Note 4 to be quite poor?

My Note 3 lasted much longer on standby.

The Note 4 just seems to drop so quickly and I dont even use it that much.

Even in power saver mode it drains quickly.

For example at night it would have about 50% in power saver mode and wifi and data off.

When I wake up (approx 8 hour) its down to 30%

Is that normal?

7. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

Yep, it's horrible.

I couldn't get 12hr (with normal usage) on the note 4.

Try disabling S Health and other useless stuffs you don't use.

Also try this.

Improved the battery by A BIT

8. shizmo

shizmo Member

Still getting 2+ days from my Note.

There was a time when it wouldn't last 12 hours, downloaded a CPU monitor tool noticed all cores were over 50% constantly.

Rogue app service constantly running, killed it deleted the app instantly better.

You have some bad stuff running around your install, find it and kill it fixed.

9. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

Got a decent CPU monitor app? :)

10. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

regarding the battery, i found my note 4 lasted MUCH longer after I disabled "Always allow scanning" (settings -> wifi -> advanced).

I was on battery for almost 16 hours and still have 35% left.

I couldn't get even close to 12 hours before that.

11. Qtr_Mile_Stud

Qtr_Mile_Stud Member

I've given that a go as well recently.

Have also removed and disabled a lot of options in many apps to prevent useage.

Have seen a slight improvement in battery life as well after installing some battery/cpu monitoring apps.

It appears to be a software/app/bloatware issue that is draining the battery...

12. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

Ive had the Note4 N910G (32GB) for about a month now, everything has been smooth sailing.

I changed over to Nova Launcher because seriously, i had touch wiz!!

A few little issues have pop up yet it hasnt happen again since.

1. I had people calling me, i answer, they can hear me, but i cant hear them, changing over to speaker phone made no difference.

2. The system decided to re-start itself then it hung on the Samsung Logo, stayed on that for ages, in the end i pulled the battery out and restarted.

Now all seems good again knock on wood.!

One design flaw i have to point out is the speaker location, absolute worst place to put the speaker, when i have it laying down on my desk, the speaker is blocked and i can never hear the phone ring.

All in all, amazing phone. love it!

13. metalrain

metalrain Member

Quick question, do custom launchers affect the multi-window features of the Note 4?

I don't particularly rate Touchjizz :thumbdn:, but I am totally enamored with being able to have several windows open at the same time :thumbup:. Being able to watch a YouTube video while browsing on the internet is quite handy especially on such a big and beautiful display.

14. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

The launcher itself shouldnt interfere with multiwindow (i.e. the apps and their ability to float in a window), but it might interfere with long press back to open the multiwindow app list.

15. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I don't have that issue with my edge at all. Actually the main screen is where I have issues with accidental presses. I've never had this issue with my note 2 or s5 but the main screen seems too sensitive and I'm accidentally pressing links when in trying to scroll. It's really annoying!

Also something is wrong with my camera. It's blurry as hell and won't focus for ages but if the object is close is fine. It EVENTUALLY focuses on distant objects but I have to rub the camera or gently tap it which is frustrating. It is set to auto and having hdr on or off makes no difference.

I read online that the sticker may be the issue so I spent a few mins trying to get it off only to come to the conclusion its either a) VERY hard to get off or b) not on there as I can't see it

Is anyone else having camera issues? The front cam is perfect it's only the back one

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  16. dodgyr

dodgyr Member

I have the same issue with the camera. Takes ages to focus! Have to focus on something far away and the refocus on my target to get it to focus.
    I also have had no issue with the edge screen. I think Samsung did a great job on reducing the sensitivity of the edge. I use the stylus a lot and I am right handed so I tend to touch the edge a lot when writing ... absolutely no issue with accidental clicks etc.

17. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yeah stylus fixes the misclick issue but I don't tend to use it as I'm lazy lol

18. metalrain

metalrain Member

If the lighting conditions are perfect, the camera is amazing (for such a tiny sensor). But the HDR mode, overzealous sharpening and selective focus gimmicks are just, yuck... I've only used the camera for work (handy for stock taking etc.) and probably won't bother using it for anything else since my EOS M is fairly compact anyway.

19. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

anyone receive OTA for our note 4?

mine is N910G, and still nothing :upset:

20. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

Been receiving a buttload of samsung app updates, none of which I use. Nothing fun though :(