Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by 2SHY, Jun 28, 2018.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It's almost like there is a competition to see who can have the most expensive device.

vladtepes likes this.
  2. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

I'm presuming Apple usually wins that particular laurel?

MR CHILLED likes this.
  3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Gonna be the price of a small car soon.

romp likes this.
  4. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

I bit the bullet guys! I just pre-ordered it on a 24 month lease plan

$124 per month for 30gb plus a free tablet and i get the 512gb version. I just have to send back my S8 plus, and pay them $149 then im on the new contract.
    This will be it, i won't be upgrading for a while now (or until my lease runs out) and pay $99 :)

I'm already with Telstra and I know there better deals out there but what the hell. :)

5. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Ouch that's a lotta $. Substantially more than my home internet (but much faster too no doubt LOL )

Looking forward to hearing your firsthand reports on its performance / utility etc. Congrats.

6. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

Will do. shipments to go out on 24th August, I'm already paying 130 for my S8 plus, As I did the 95 plan plus insurance and other unnecessary add-ons. I was tempted to wait for the Google Pixel 3 to come out but meh, saw the leak shots and the massive Notch.

7. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

Whats everyone's Opinion on the device. I just got mine on Friday, It looks amazing and its definitely nice and quick. The S Pen is useful this time but like as always, I'll hardly use it.
    Big fan that they now include a free clear case, its nice of em considering its a 1.2k device LOL.

8. sanjay

sanjay Member

i am curious - if you aren't an s-pen user, why go for the note 9 over the S9+?

9. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

512gb device and free Tablet is the main reason i upgraded to note 9.
    plus coming from an S8 plus the S9 plus is hardly worth the upgrade.

10. BuD

BuD Member

I looked at 512 note 9 but cause I don't use pen went 9 plus 64 and memory card

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  11. Partha

Partha Member

I got the deal from Harvey norman and bit the bullet, so I pay $91 a month for 100 GB allowance for 24 months not to mention it also got me the 512 GB Note version. Upgraded from Note 4 to Note 9. When I went to Note 9 from Note 4, I thought hmm - the speed improvement is not much, but after I have no used Note 9 continuously for last 4 days, I went to see how Note 4 now feels, and I got stunned, Note 4 now feels so much more sluggish. I guess the mind takes improvement easily and takes it for granted, but going backwards is when the shock comes in and now I know how the butter smooth operations in Note 9 is comparing to my old phone, it is such a welcoming enhancement in my life. Mind you I do have a Galaxy S8+ from my work and compared it to my personal Note 9, and Note 9 does indeed feels much more "silky" smooth for each and every app I launch and try on it.

WishBone17 likes this.
  12. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

thats a good deal. Im paying $124 per month for 30gb on a two year lease with Telstra! Absolute rip off but im already with them and my credit rating is a bit shit so i don't think optus or vodafone would give me a phone once they do the check.

Partha likes this.
  13. mrturkey

mrturkey Member

Got the Note 9 512GB on the Optus 200GB plan via Harvey Norman for $84 per month. Regional Port in bonus FTW. :D

Upgrade from Pixel XL 128GB (Was on a Note 7 until that was confiscated)

Love the speakers, so much clearer and the Dolby thing does help the clarity for me when listening to reviews on Youtube. Speed, yes it is faster but that wasn't really a problem either on the Pixel. Wifi calling is something I use at home due to being in a low signal spot for Telstra and Optus. Not being ripped by Telstra is a nice change.

14. ae00711

ae00711 Member

I have a feeling that, /if/ I upgraded to Note9, from my Note3, my experience would be the same...
    Was your Note4 rooted (Lineage OS etc)?

15. Partha

Partha Member

No it was not rooted. I looked after it like a baby, didn't play with it.

ae00711 likes this.
  16. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Anyone tried the dual sim mode on the Note 9? Am curious what it's like.

17. ae00711

ae00711 Member

mm ok

well I did some cleaning up of my Note3.. it'll last me another year, so no Note9 for me - pros: no monthly $139 bill for the next 24 months - instead I'll highly likely get the Note10(?) when it comes out, which should hopefully be 5G capable.

18. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

So after 3 years with IOS I finally bit the bullet and replaced my iPhone x with a Note 9. Absolutely loving it so far, especially how hesitant I was to leave the warming glowing, warming glow of the IOS ecosystem. The only thing I couldn't give up were my airpods and I'm glad to see someone has made a battery meter app for them.

19. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Had a look at this in jb over the weekend. Surprised to see it's not any bigger than my LG V20. The s-pen felt really plasticfantastic, and I still don't like the curved edge screen, it just looks weird. I really want to like this phone, I was convinced I wanted a note 7 until they started catching fire, but the price hike and the above mentioned niggles.. I don't think I'll ever get over the line.

20. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

LG V40 looks good and sounds like more up your alley perhaps (except its another notch screen.. i guess thats the rage these days)