Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by 2SHY, Jun 28, 2018.

1. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Yeah I think the notch thing is retarded too, but thankfully they're including options so you can hide it, having only notification icons up there. That would be a plus, turns out the 2nd screen thing with the v20 is also a stupid idea. Having the clock always on? Great. Having controls that are always on and activated randomly when you pull your phone from your pocket? Yeah that's just a sign of people who had an idea and didn't test it in real life.

The v40 looks good I think. The much lower price is a nice bonus too.

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

enjoying my note 9. Anyone found some good glass screen protector that doesn't lift + doesn't remove screen sensitivity?

Also has anyone ever done new phone feeling upgrade and Telstra said they will send u a return satchel and never do and don't follow up?

Got a note 8 sitting here...:cool:

3. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

Hey mate, the satchel will eventually turn up, normally takes a few weeks. Mine took almost a month. I was hoping they forgot but they didn't :(
    I'm loving my Note 9 too. But i still can't stand touchwiz, i had to load Nova launcher on it.

As for screen protectors, mate, just go naked, the glass is actually very strong. I never used one on my S8 plus and the screen was spotless.

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

My wife's s8 is scratched to the shit.

Well it's been over a month. I got note 9 on the release date. Will wait it out a little more.. A mate rkns he never had one show up and sold phone and no dramas.

5. ae00711

ae00711 Member

Nova launcher is the bee's knees, so minimalist, so power saving.

WishBone17 and walker_2003 like this.
  6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

might have to go back to nova, used it previously and liked it. Be good if it saves battery too

7. Gunna

Gunna Member

8. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

I had a "gel" one on mine, wrapped around the whole screen was much nicer than the glass ones. Only reason I don't have it anymore is it was sitting right on the edge of my case and started peeling back.

But would recommend, got it from one of those dodgy phone shops you can find in Westfield etc.

walker_2003 likes this.
  9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Gel r nice and self heal but you see lots of marks.

My mate got one from Telstra on release date and it's been rock solid. Might have to give it a go.

10. AEKaBeer

AEKaBeer Member

Just got my note 9 on Friday, it was a toss up between this and the Pixel 3+ but I can't get past the extra fat notch.

It's a really nice unit and I love the screen size, but I am surprised as to how similar the experience is to my 2 year old Galaxy S7 edge. I guess phone innovation is slowing down a fair bit.

11. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

Yeah, besides the quicker performance, better screen size, duel speaker setup, essentially its the same thing.. I upgraded for a S8 Plus, it was waste of money, could of got another year or two out of the S8 but Im a sucker for new phones

12. SyN

SyN Member

what did you expect? sincere question