Samsung Galaxy S II Official - dual-core 1GHz CPU, 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 13, 2011.

1. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Just one (of many) case in point, last night I plugged it in as i got into bed, but someone had turned it off at the wall and I didn't notice.

When you have to charge every single night, the more often shit like that happens. Obviously, it just lasted 2 days in normal use, you'd still charge it nightly (i don't have a problem with that) , but at least it wouldn't be a beside ornamant in the morning if you didn't.

Use navigation, or play a demading game for more than 5mins and you better have a means of charging before the day's over.. thats when you can really get caught out.. Thankfully your hand will start burning after 5mins, which is a good reminder.

You could easily make a parody video out of this, and some other android phones with their crap battery life.

2. cyclobs

cyclobs Member

looking at the 2000 mah offical pack for my phone, But no mention of the GT-9100G. I suppose there's no size difference between the different phones

3. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

4. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

What happens if you forget to charge it before you go away?

What happens if you forget to charge it when you get back, so it deep-cycles and starts dying after 20 minutes?

Causing a fire by charging your phone from your car battery is about as likely as causing a fire due to that emergency battery pack exploding when you try to charge it.
    That is, as long as you're not an idiot and something dumb like delibrately short-circuit the battery terminals.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  5. RAtSAcK

RAtSAcK Member

Just to give a rough idea about battery life. When I got home yesterday arvo around the same time, my battery was 33% (stock battery). Similar usage today with my bigger battery and my phone is at 61% now. :D That's all I need so I'm happy now.

6. CZA

CZA Member

Perhaps I've just started one too many fires with dodgy wiring in my youth to trust myself :lol:

Also, I assumed you meant carrying a car battery around with you, which is a bit of an inconvenience when you're out hiking compared to a small unit such as the one in the link :p

7. lawlz

lawlz Member

8. BIG.TICKET

BIG.TICKET Member

9. rotas

rotas Member

There normally 39.95 i just come to post this special

10. dean_is_not

dean_is_not Member

That's not a bad price at all. I had to order in a white one though. Definitely worth it though, I only ever use the original as a spare now.

11. BIG.TICKET

BIG.TICKET Member

Thanks guys. I'm going to buy one on the way to work. Just so I can own more by turning up my screen brightness! lol ;)

12. dean_is_not

dean_is_not Member

Yes, win! Haha. Nothing beats leaving it on max instead of auto and then checking your phone at night :lol:

13. cyclobs

cyclobs Member

and being sent blind from the brightness of the phone :lol:

14. Rezin

Rezin Member

What cases can be used with this bigger battery? Wonder if it's possible (and how hard it would be) to shave down a Case-Mate Tough to fit. Edit: er, yeah that's not gonna work. :( :lol:

15. BIG.TICKET

BIG.TICKET Member

Ok I got the extended battery from Telstra for $25. Now I realise my case won't fit. This quite possibly is the biggest fail of all time.

Who cares, I got this bad boy on full brightness!

16. anark1

anark1 Member

Ive been trying to find a ngp hybrid ex as this fits the bigger batt.
    But cant find a au supplier.

17. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

OK so both Telstra shops in chermside just told me they don't sell batteries..at all, letalone have this special, so bit of a heads up for nth brisbanites. Gonna try northlakes

18. KLoNe

KLoNe Member

All Brisbane CBD stores have no stock; tried this PM.

19. cdtoaster

cdtoaster Member

that sucks, the one thing that shits me about the phone is the poor battery life

20. mr_nguyen

mr_nguyen Member

is there any place in sydney where you can get this battery, my brother got one but he purchased it from ebay from china. battery kinda shits me too. i've had it die on me in easy half a day. before i go to sleep i have to charge it and if i dont then im screwed