Samsung Galaxy S II Official - dual-core 1GHz CPU, 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 13, 2011.

1. TXN

TXN Member

Ohhhhhh... subtle :rolleyes:

I lol'd

2. samos

samos Member

iPhone 5 was supposed to be mid this year, no news on that?

S2 galaxy looks the goods, just hope it's not on a mighty cap plan.

I can't seem to find anywhere that stocks them on a plan, apparently they were supposed to be avail April?

3. SoreGums

SoreGums Member

Give ADW a go - sense and touchwiz suck imo...

Will take a little more effort to get ADW rocking as there are so many options and you need additional widgets, however once the time has been spent it is done :)

4. kaotickelly

kaotickelly Member

Telstra rep told me "At least a month from now".

5. Will S

Will S Member

Did anyone get any sort of manual or documentation with their phone ?

Went to Samsung Australia's site and nothing for the S II ....... edit seems like the Galaxy S manual is the same for both 1 & 2

I guess will have to try pommyland

anyway how do you remove the back cover ? Is that a button or latch you push at the bottom ? Dont want to risk breaking it on its first day...edit...... hate covers like this, keep thinking I will break the bloody thing....anyway now have it off

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  6. Kyl3

Kyl3 Member

Question for all + sundry...

Unlocked mobiles, average delivery time?

Total cost somewhere around $700?

Cheerzzzz

7. AussieSausage

AussieSausage (Banned or Deleted)

About $680 all up, there's a $19 International transaction fee, otherwise it would be about $660.

I'm waiting for mine at the moment, I ordered last Wednesday. And it says it's been passed on for delivery in Australia.

8. mils1

mils1 Member

Still waiting. I ordered last week on Tuesday, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or Wednesday

9. Kyl3

Kyl3 Member

This thing 3g 850?

10. AussieSausage

Yep, all of them support 900 and 850 together, which is awsome!

11. Doso

Doso Member

quad band 3g + quad band 2g = will work on pretty much any network on the planet (except obviously 4g networks)

I love the ability to buy the phone now while on the shitty 3 network and in 2 months able to bring the phone with me as I transfer to Telstra

12. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

Ours arrived today. For the wife unfortunately...

Although, Handtec sent an email saying they accidentally sent us two. Obviously they want it back, but if this phone grows on me, maybe I'll buy it instead!

13. hak

hak Member

wtf buy 1 free 1? no fair :eek:

plenty of rumours going on in engadget, some say Apple was unable to secure some fab factories off Samsung to manufacture the A5 shrunk down for IP5 (32nm i think), ahem I wonder why Samsung would do that huh?? lols
    that plus the lawsuit case pinpoints to Apple being butthurt at the moment :D

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  14. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

Well, just got my hands on it. Having only had an iphone 4, i cant really compare this to much else. i have already found web surfing easier, but posting this comment is taking me too much effort that i cbf'd anymore

15. AussieSausage

I don't even know how the hell I track mine, it just says it's been passed to overseas for delivery in Australia

16. lazjen

lazjen Member

My order is in "Security Check" at the moment - wonder how long that will take?

17. Will S

Will S Member

tech question

I have a wireless usb dongle from "3" that I have 11 months in contract mode to go ( it looked as if adsl was not going to happen but it did )

Now can I use the "3" simcard in the Galaxy to download stuff.....I have 6 gb of data a month

18. ThunderbirdMoz

ThunderbirdMoz Member

What? you mean when the iphone 5 comes out I can buy the awesome SGS2 really cheaply for everyone in the family without breaking the piggy bank? Absolute BARGAIN!!! Well I hope the iphone5 comes out really quick then. :p

19. buddhamus

buddhamus Member

Mine arrived today...but can't take it to work as I work in a factory and dont wanna risk scratching the screen. Any ideas where I can get a good screen protector and a nice case?...off someone reliable on ebay?....Had so many rip offs on there but if someone could point me to a good buyer on there...that would be absolutely awesome!

Still cant get over how AWESOME this screen is though.....simply stunning!:D

20. Wisdome

Wisdome Member

searching i9100 in ebay brought up a ton of results. From there I just went shortlisting any buyer with a decent screen protector. I chose one coming from HK with a total cost of $4 (inc shipping). The seller had like 4000 comments of feedback.

Im waiting for invisibleshield in VIC to get stock for sgs2 and then I'll end up chucking one of those on :)