1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy S III Official - 720p 4.8" HD Super AMOLED, 1.4GHz Quad-core, 8MP Cam

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 7, 2012.

1. BalkanWarrior

BalkanWarrior Member

No problems, so did you use that one? I thought you were going to try the Polish one found here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

randomman it works but the default calendar is stuck to the Samsung one

2. thecondor

thecondor Member

Ahhh I couldnt find that one only could find the leaked version, im pretty sure they are the same thing.

Downloading and ill flash this version. See if anything different, dont think it will be.

Jellybean official: Alright so been using this for about an hour and wow, it makes a massive difference. Everything is super fast, its like the phone is on steriods. Would recomend flashing for anyone who likes official software. The nav bar is heaps better, lock screen has more options. Heaps more options in settings. All in all makes the phone heaps better.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  3. Lordz

Lordz Member

Thats the official GS3 4.1 with touchwiz yeah?

4. thecondor

thecondor Member

Yeah thats the one mate.

And it just updates everything too, so you keep all data. Which is nice so I dont have to re-download all the bloody apps again.

5. randomman

randomman Member

I think mine was set to that too, just then I unselected 'My Calendar' and 'My Tasks' in accounts which I assume are the Samsung ones and my Gmail ones still show.

6. thecondor

thecondor Member

SO I have installed the polish version and no real changes except google now installed on it.

So the leaked version and polish version seem to be exactly the same.

7. BalkanWarrior

BalkanWarrior Member

Nice. I decided to try, and I got my phone into that Downloading... Do not turn of again!!! screen but for some reason Odin doesn't see it and show up the yellow bars it's supposed to.

Possibly don't have drivers, am I OK to turn the phone off at this point?

8. thecondor

thecondor Member

Had same issue, all I did was have the phone in normal so turned on, then you will see it pop up in odin, then I pushed the 3 buttons to put in download mode and that seemed to do the trick.

9. BalkanWarrior

BalkanWarrior Member

Ended up getting Kies and installing it, unplug replug and it appeared but it's blue and not yellow.

***EDIT***
    Well it failed the first time so I thought the blue thing was the issue, turns out newer versions are different colours. Looks like it's working fine now. Fingers crossed

***Edit 2 ***
    Best words I've read all day
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

10. Lordz

Lordz Member

Can you move the all apps icon inthe dock from the right hand side? or is it stuck there?

11. thecondor

thecondor Member

Nah its stuck there, its the only one that is. I think that fair enough really.

@balkin yeah im loving jellybean mate, bloody makes a big difference to the s3, and I love that google now app, thats cool.

12. BalkanWarrior

BalkanWarrior Member

Same it's pretty damned awesome. Issues I've had so far was it wouldn't connect to the WiFi at work, reboot and it did. All my accounts except for Google was not set to sync, went through the menu and enabled all of them, works fine.

Happy to see that we can again change the other icons in the dock apart from all applications.

13. thecondor

thecondor Member

I actually flashed back to the leaked uk version, havn't had any issues so far.

14. Sharkx

Sharkx Member

Does anyone here have the 4G version yet? I'm trying to find out if the 50GB Dropbox storage is offered on the 4G.

15. thecondor

thecondor Member

16. Atahu

Atahu Member

Got my 4G version with Telstra yesterday and received 50gig when I signed up for a dropbox account.

17. thecondor

thecondor Member

Whats the battery life on the 4g version like mate?

Work are about to switch to telsra *jumps like school girl* and i think we should get a few 4g s3's so hope to snare one.

18. Sharkx

Sharkx Member

19. breno

breno Member

Does anyone know where I can get a *clears throat* screen repair for S3 in melbourne? Kinda shattered my screen :Paranoid:

20. BitAddict

BitAddict Member

Where's the best place to buy an LTE 4G right now?
    I saw one on Ebay go for $849.10 today and it was one that had been repaired under warranty already - WTF?!?
    My max bid was 780.- for it.. given they are available new for $799.- from mobicity... ($10.- off if you like them on FB)...

Edit: But then again mobicity have no stock.. website says early October, but online support says "we have no ETA".... lol...
    Following some googling it looks like there's not much out there right now :)