Samsung Galaxy S III Official - 720p 4.8" HD Super AMOLED, 1.4GHz Quad-core, 8MP Cam

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 7, 2012.

1. arytel

arytel Member

nice video. my wifi died as I got to 10seconds :(

I could be wrong but I swear around 20seconds the scene of the galaxy went through what is/was a wallpaper for leopard.

2. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Ad was pretty much just a wank, I'm sure samsung fanboys are jizzing themselves over the apple sheep joke, but I don't really get it, I bought a iP4 because it raped all other phones on the market for what I wanted when it was released. Sheep? No, I just went for the superior product for my needs.

Meh, hopefully we get some real info soon, I'm really REALLY keen to hear the actual release date so I can get mine pre-ordered :D

3. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

"..stand out from everyone else"

I feel like the sheep more with my Galaxy Note in HK actually :Paranoid:

4. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

I thought that too :D

5. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Raped? Depends what you wanted but if you wanted features, performance or price it wasn't winning on any of those when it came out. Had a nice screen I suppose, but then so did the original galaxy. Surely you get that a lot of people buy apple products just because a lot of people buy apple products though, hence the sheep jokes. Samsung should probably watch it though as the way they're taking the market over we'll have sheep ads from LG eventually :p

6. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

*shakes fist*

Damn you samsung, you trolled me good...:upset:

Still can't wait for the phone though. :D

7. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

Just went for a walk down to my Local Telstra store to ask about this phone and was told that it will be at least 2 months away.

If the phone is paper released on May 3rd, and physically released around 1 month after that Telstra will hold the phone for NextG and 4G testing for a further 4-6weeks before releasing. So looking at July-August for the SGS3 from Telstra.

Unless May 3rd is a Worldwide physical release, long wait still to come...:thumbdn:

8. sanjay

sanjay Member

who cares when telstra will get it - anyone who is actually on the bleeding edge of phone development isnt buying their phone from a goddamn mobile carrier :lol:

as soon as its released i'll get one here in HK, and i know it'll be unlocked and unbranded, ready for use worldwide (as it'll have the 850, 900 and 2100mhz 3G bands, just like the SGS2 does).

9. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

I care, I was planning for telstra to give me one for free. If they are getting it late, then I'll have to get something else for free from telstra, sell it and buy SGS3 outright.

10. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Two things;

Telstra shop workers won't know shit. They'll have internal bulletins that won't tell them anything. An informed users will know when X phone is arriving to Telstra, before their shop worked do.

And Telstra already have the SGS3 for testing for it's networking techs.

It's all about securing launch stock and marketing campaign for when it'll get released on any one carrier.

11. DEMONDOCTOR

DEMONDOCTOR Member

So did she get pissy with you or laugh at you whilst watching a dodgy youtube link on her One X and snacking on dim sum? :lol:

kinda glad I haven't checked the forum for a few days.. but after seeing how many new pages this thread had I was kinda hoping for SOMETHING!

12. sanjay

sanjay Member

why would they give you one for free? i cant see the SGS3 being offered on telstra on anything less than their $79 cap on release. this is probably the most expensive way you could possibly get an SGS3 (total cost over 2 years = $1896, phone will likely be ~$600 on release).

nope, in true hong konger style she was herself late and so i ended up waiting for her. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  13. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Mum pays for my phone bill lol(currently optus $59, that ends at end of may and I will be switching to telstra $59) therefore free for me, since I'd just add it on top of plan, probably $5-10/month repayments, but she won't buy me an outright phone, therefore if telstra don't get it, I'll just start contract with some other phone, sell it and my 4S, buy SGS3 and probably end up ahead because 4S are still worth a lot :thumbup:

If that makes sense. But obviously easier for me to just get SGS3 direct from telstra...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  14. Dumpty

Dumpty Member

Fuck carriers
    Fuck the aussie release date
    If your a fan boy you will go out and buy this phone regardless
    At the end of the day what ever this phone turns out to be its gonna be great
    (i get i may have a fan boy-ish tone but i am not a fan boy i appreciate innovation and advancement i will be very disappointed if this is shit but at the moment i think its gonna be great judging by all the "leaks" its gonna be good)
    Still i am sure if this is an LTE phone Telstra's gonna get it pretty quick
    And the next person who says they asked their local telstra shop (any phone shop for that matter) I will murder you! :D Bahahaha
    seriously people who work there dont know shit (besides the ones who care, they are easy to identify), i got told that the one X is actually a single core phone with 512 mb ( i ran out the store)
    any way just really excited to see what samsungs gonna cook up this year hoping its good!

15. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Yeah, well my brother works at a telstra store and I know he wouldn't lie to me, and he says they haven't been told anything about SGS3 yet apart from idle chat amongst co-workers (i.e., nothing official).

Meaning anything you hear is likely either the person regurgitating something the internet/a friend/coworker told them, or just making up shit.

If I have to wait a couple weeks for telstra I'll wait. If a month or more I'll just buy outright from somewhere...if I can wait a month :weirdo:

16. ThunderbirdMoz

ThunderbirdMoz Member

I think you're better off going outright. It would take them more than a month to customize/brand the phone to telstra and test the new firmware.

17. sanjay

sanjay Member

indeed. grab a telstra GNote and flog it immediately on ebay, put funds towards SGS3.

18. roamin

roamin Member

I intend to get an iPhone and flog that of on ebay there the highest priced phone on the net from what I see.

Ifans pay silly prices for there phones. I'm sure I will have change left over to pay my first months bill too. Android are always cheaper. Well usually.

19. Tosh1R

Tosh1R Member

This i can account for. I have worked in the telco industry at the retail level for a number of years and anything you hear from staff instore is pure speculation based on the interwebs. WE GET TOLD ABOUT AS MUCH AS THE GENERAL PUBLIC DO! any release info on the SGS3 (or 90% of handsets for that matter) is pure speculation.

when its available we will all know trust me. :thumbup:

20. jjo

jjo Member