Samsung Galaxy S III Official - 720p 4.8" HD Super AMOLED, 1.4GHz Quad-core, 8MP Cam

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Feb 7, 2012.

1. jmart38

jmart38 (Banned or Deleted)

Funnily enough... you could buy all of those combined brand new today for less than $1,000 :lol:

2. KLoNe

KLoNe Member

I've decided to hold onto my SGS2 until a few decent custom ROMs & accessories (and good screen protectors) get released.
    I bought the SGS2 on UK release & it was pretty useless for about 1.5 months as it had nothing but Samsung's firmware available for it. :sick:

3. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

$740 for the SGS3 in HK. Can pre-order now and get it by early June.

If I really wanted, I could get one for $670 from my local telco outright, but I won't. Still relatively happy with my GNote with ICS. Maybe I'll get one for the other half so I can play with it :lol:

4. sanjay

sanjay Member

woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

wait a minute

why havent i heard about this

is this another bullshit "subscriber only" pre-order offer? $670?

im just hoping to walk into sin tat plaza and pick one up in mid-june. :D

5. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/promotions/galaxys3/
    http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=140006

As for pricing, the general rumor I've heard is $5600 HKD RRP, which is very likely. Then if you are a subscriber of Smartone, you can pre-order order through them and get 10% off . So that's around $5040 HKD. You can easily walk in with a friend who's with Smartone and get 10% off, but each person has only one quota per year to buy phone's outright. Unfortunately I've used my quota last year for the SGS2.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  6. sanjay

sanjay Member

i fly back from BKK to HKG on 14 june, will pick one up from sin tat plaza hopefully before i fly out on 16 june, if not no biggie, i'll get one through online channels back in australia. good to know the expected pricing info though, about the same as what the ONE X released at here (before tumbling in price very quickly).

7. Dumpty

Dumpty Member

Have fun trying to get your hands on this phone! :lol: with 9 million perorders,
    As far as ROMs go, this phone like the HTC One X will get em a day later ;)

8. sanjay

sanjay Member

yeah probably a good point, doubtful i'll get one in the first shipment unless i preorder.

no huge rush. if stock is scarce for a while that just gives more time for the 32gb variant to come out. :)

9. Dumpty

Dumpty Member

I reckon your gonna end up convincing yourself to get the 64Gb version! :lol:
    I per ordered mine, dad and one of my mates(people now owe me 2000~). on the downside it was the 16Gb version, i personally got the 64gb SD card the other week so i am fine with 80GB storage! Tho I never knew asian's dads could get excited over consumer products, looks like Samsungs has done something right. :D

10. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

I bought my Nokia N82 outright about 4 years ago now, for $700. If you look after it and use it to it's fullest - then the price isn't a real problem. :thumbup:

11. 2SHY

2SHY Member

12. Dumpty

Dumpty Member

I agree, long as you know your gonna use the phone, its really not that bad of a price. Besides i got a 16GB model for 650~ which isnt bad at all, considering i paid around the same for the SGSII

13. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Samsung Galaxy S III LTE

It is rectangular, probably a highly optimised dual core with LTE.

[​IMG]

Source 1

Source 2

14. bigmaxy

bigmaxy Member

It's bogus. Just some tech blog earning extra hits which was picked up by others. :thumbdn:

15. fedex

fedex (Banned or Deleted)

so the nz vodafone site is counting down til thursday for the galaxy s3 does that mean australia should have an announcement sometime this week?

16. Danske

Danske Member

I think the most ridiculous price point was the Galaxy Nexus. When it was first out it was $800. In about 6 months it's less than $400! :lol:. Hilarious.

17. sanjay

sanjay Member

i think that was always going to be the case considering that its specs were bested by the already-been-on-the-market-for-six-months SGS2 (save for screen resolution).

18. TomJ

TomJ Member

Ditto, I go to Bali from 9-15th of June and there's no way I'd take the S3 with me if I had one. Def hanging for a PB one.

19. sanjay

sanjay Member

i dunno, my SGS2 + telkomsel unlimited 3G prepaid card (get it as you walk out of the airport) = lifesaver when it came to google maps and looking up things. google maps is only better on a higher resolution screen. :D

20. dainese

dainese Member

in case it hasnt been posted;

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/25/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-review/

oh no, I think I want this...

Extract;

Last edited: May 29, 2012