Samsung Galaxy S20 family aka S11.

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Kookooburra, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Maverick5

Maverick5 Member

honestly i am not sure what i am nervous about, i have used smart switch a few times now and i dont see how people have so much trouble with it

ios is always familiar for me to go back to rather than android where i feel like i need to spend a few days setting it up before i put my sim in, i might sell this one for the note ultra or go back to ios depending what the iphone 12 brings.
    the phone came on monday, i am going through the settings seeing what i want to use interms of app wise (samsung or google) but i am warming to it i think also man this thing is slippery

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It's basically all the same anyways, whether android or iOS...swipe up, swipe down, swipe left, swipe right, press button, open app, etc etc. Just about every app you can think of is supported in both platforms so that's never an issue and if they don't they are stupid. The only thing I see people really concerned with is getting contacts and text messages to come across, and these days there apps for that as well. Most consuming part is logging back into all your apps on the new phone :p

3. Maverick5

Maverick5 Member

I know how to use it just getting used to it again,
    Looking forward to it though

4. Maverick5

Maverick5 Member

Anyone else having trouble with the finger print reader? Seems to be either slower or doesnt recognise my finger I have set the same finger up twice as 2 different prints?

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well screw it! Decided to jump on the S20 Ultra as I got a super deal, $1286 delivered for the S20 Ultra 5G 128G Cosmic Grey :thumbup:

Maverick5 likes this.
  6. Maverick5

Maverick5 Member

Thats cheap! how did you get that price?
    i paid 1300 for my s20 plus 5g

MR CHILLED likes this.
  7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Officeworks (surprisingly!) price matched the becextech website :)

8. Maverick5

Maverick5 Member

did you go instore for that
    did you say i found this price and showed them the website?

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

No way, that would be too much work. Firstly rang my local OW and they turned it down because it was a slightly different device code, despite being almost the exact same device (apart from being dual sim and grey import so no local plug, they say). So I rang OW general number and they said yes that's fine. Because it's a greater than 25% discount it is subject still to management approval.

Yay for business inconsistencies.

Maverick5 likes this.
  10. Maverick5

Maverick5 Member

wowzers ill have to keep that in mind hey!!

MR CHILLED likes this.
  11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Most definitely, I did my research, you have the try a few stores because it is an inconsistent policy apparently.....up to the individual store :) And last resort (or first resort) might be to go to their 1300 OFFICE number, which I did, and try that. Eventually maybe you can get a positive hit. Only took me two calls today. I think their price matching policy got a little less strict a couple of years ago too.

I remember I price matched my S9 when it came out, successfully with one OW store in the CBD.

12. Maverick5

Maverick5 Member

nice! i might need to sell the s20 plus now to get the note at this price! More interested in the note 20 ultra 5g

MR CHILLED likes this.
  13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

By all accounts this is a big phone. I used to have the iphone 6S+ and went away from that because it was too big....but I found the S9 to be just too small. I can't win! :lol:

So now going ultra big now, totally makes sense :p

Maverick5 likes this.
  14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Anyone able to confirm if the Ultra comes with one of those TPU gel soft cases in the box? I actually just discovered my S9 came with one and I didn't even know it :lol:

Just need it temporarily whilst I sort out a proper cover.....

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

If anyone needs to know then yes it does, just a basic clear cover which will do me for now.

16. sanjay

sanjay Member

it does but it's quite bulky. i moved to a nillkin nature TPU gel case for my S20+, much thinner and easier to hold. they're already bulky phones to begin with!

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah it's nasty. Hard to grab the top line of the screen to get to settings. Only temporary until I can get another case.

I'm keeping the super thin screen protector on though, probably for its life, seems decent enough and no lose of sensitivity that I know of.

18. sanjay

sanjay Member

yes, ive been using the stock screen protector on mine too. spent too long fiddling around with UV gel glass protectors on my S10 which killed the fingerprint sensor accuracy.

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

After using it a short time the battery life is definitely better than my older S9, obviously because it's a bigger battery, but I'm overwhelmed by how long it lasts tbh. I did transition all my older apps across so perhaps I've got some battery drainers. I know I have a few backgrounded smart device apps that will be sitting int he background, and probably not optimised for such.

Anyways, still loving the phone

20. Maverick5

Maverick5 Member

hmm interesting i find my s20 plus' battery isnt great compared to my iphone 8 plus might be a few more settings i can tweak