Samsung Galaxy S5 V Official - 5.1" 1080p, 2.5ghz Quad, Fingerprint Scanner, 16MP Cam

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Smoza

Smoza Member

Mine is also showing plenty of sluggishness, anyone got suggestions? I'm not rooted but happy to if anyone is running a nice fast rom that they can recommend.

2. Asteroid

Asteroid Member

Can't you just do the standard full factory reset? Disable/ remove the preinstalled crap and set it up fresh. Usually works just fine?

3. ThePureOne

ThePureOne Member

About once every few months I go through the apps ( and "internal storage").
    I move the bigger ones to the SD card or delete them if not used and clear the "cached data".
    All my photos and videos are on the SD card as well.
    Seems to work fine that way, still have about 1.5Gig free internal storage.
    I also use Advanced Task Killer to kill background apps.

I think the phone would benefit from a factory reset but am too chicken to try because don't want to spend a day to set it up "just right" :cool:

On another note , the reasons I got my S5 was because of IR blaster and waterproof. The water proof part was boosted with a LifeProof cover :) .
    I bought the S7 without doing my homework only to discover that it didn't have the IR blaster ... and returned it.
    The S8 still doesn't have a IR Blaster.
    Does anyone know of any other "up to date" phones with IR blaster and that are waterproof or can be made waterproof with a case?

4. Razor-47

Razor-47 Member

This is what I do as well. It's kind of annoying how the large and usually frequently updated apps such as Facebook, Snapchat, etc... always move themselves back onto the internal memory after each update though.

5. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Cyanogenmod will probably be your best bet in terms of speed and stability. Generally they don't have any spyware. :thumbup:

6. Narcoticx2

Narcoticx2 Member

I've consistently sped up my phones by clearing out old text messages. I usually just set a max of 200 messages per thread and it does wonders.

Clearing apps and making sure they're on the SD card is also another big help.

I'm using a galaxy S4 and it's still as fast as new.

7. ThePureOne

ThePureOne Member

Agg,

You sux.
    You should have backed up your phone a long time ago and then reset and recover ...

On that note ...
    Does anyone know of a waterproof android phone with IR blaster with an up to date CPU?

8. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Yeah, I know. Seriously it's like a new phone again. :)

9. ae00711

ae00711 Member

I don't have a SGS5, but I do have an even older Note 3.. I recently cleaned up how many apps I had installed + flashed to Lineage OS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2)...... my phone has never run better. Slick, quick and battery life is amazing. :thumbup:

10. ae00711

ae00711 Member

anyone running LOS 15.1?
    if so, how's the performance? any lag? battery? etc etc?