1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - SD 820/4GB Ram/Micro SD/Water Resistant

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by walker_2003, Feb 22, 2016.

1. 7nothing

7nothing Member

I found a few times when it hard locked it'd lose random settings like bluetooth pairing, even though they'd been in place for days before.

Also, not sure what sort of jello they used for the screen, but this 2 month old S7 has more light scratches (and some of them are pretty long) than my Blackberry did after 2.5 years.

Tried installing a few random screen protectors, got dust stuck under and threw in the bin. Waiting on delivery of tagg glass one (randomly selected from kogi's comment above), might get someone else to install...

2. xplod140

xplod140 Member

Just had another reboot while using the phone. Tweeted samsungau as they seem pretty responsive.

Also noted that if you got one in April you can email and maybe get a bonus VR face cup.

3. ener

ener Member

It's a pain, but you can just recover everything from the sd card. The biggest issue is dealing with an emotion woman. :lol:

4. kogi

kogi Member

Touch wood. No resets yet.

Would it be related to the speed/brand of the SD card?

5. The Brad

The Brad Member

I've only had 1 restart in a couple of weeks of intensive use.

Did you get any kind of answer from samsung?

They would want to get an update out to sort this I would have thought.

6. ener

ener Member

Lol the phone just started to erase everything while we were listening to music. second random factory reset :/

7. Mithickus

Mithickus Member

Will the USA version of the S7 work on all relevant frequencies in Australia?

And apologies for asking in this thread, but just so I don't double post; will the USA version of the HTC 10 work on the right frequencies in Australia?

I'm taking a trip to the USA and contemplating buying outright over there as it appears to be a few hundred cheaper.

8. The Brad

The Brad Member

It is unlikely, but T-Mobile is the closest you'll get for 4G bands.

Truthfully if you want to save bucks buy out of somewhere like HK where you know you can get the right model.

9. sejanus

sejanus Member

it has to be faulty. take it back.

10. Apokalipse

Apokalipse Member

The US verions use the Snapdragon 820, and are not able to be rooted/bootloader unlocked.

So if you want to root or install a custom ROM, don't buy a US version. Get an Exynos (non-US) version instead.

If you want to root or install a custom rom and you want to have a Snapdragon 820, then buy a different phone. The LG G5 H850 eur variant can be bootloader unlocked, and the HTC 10 can be bootloader unlocked.

11. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

anyone running a custom rom or root? If so, any good?

12. Apokalipse

Apokalipse Member

It's probably a bit early for custom ROM's, but root is available on the Exynos variants.

13. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

So whats good about rooting phone apart from free apps? bit extra customisation etc?

14. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Had my S7 edge delivered on Thursday after a year of suffering with a ZTE Blade S6.

So far very much like the phone, no issues yet, my only annoyance is that i got a samsung window flip cover and for whatever reason they have decided to design it so the always on screen feature is disable when the cover is closed. Considering it has a window i cannot see how they manage to come to such a retarded design decision.

15. digamma

digamma Member

Probably to do with when the cover is closed it covers the ambient light sensor. There is a setting to stop it from doing that. Under display settings you will find a setting called "keep screen turned off". Give that a try and see what happens.

16. Apokalipse

Apokalipse Member

And some apps that don't work without root (ad-away, greenify, etc)

17. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

18. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

I will give it a try but i am pretty sure i have seen it suggested else where in my search for answers and it has no impact.

Samsung have also responded to other peoples complaints advising they have designed it not to work with the cover and they wont be changing that.

19. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

ive now given up on s7 edge screen protectors.. onto my 3rd rubbish ones from ebay.. the 'best' one ive had left marks from tiny contact from finger nails..

ill just have to live with some marks on screen!

20. Deeb0

Deeb0 Member

check some threads here, you might find one.

On another note, I ordered a Spigen "thin fit" case for mine. its not too bad, quality build for a protector but slightly thicker than I thought it would be. theres protection on the front face from dropping it flat and it covers all the corners well. I ordered from mobilezap with budget shipping and it took about 10 days from the UK.