Samsung Galaxy S8- Unveiling in Feb 2017

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by mr626, Dec 7, 2016.

1. thecondor

thecondor Member

Where are you picking up from?

2. Joe91

Joe91 Member

With driver for delivery. Having a coffee on the balcony with the laptop, keeping an eye out. Far too many times have I sat here and watch them "attempt" delivery to to other apartments in our building. Not today!

3. metalrain

metalrain Member

[​IMG]

:D:D:D

The Gear VR delivered with it!!!

4. Cpt.J.Sparrow

Cpt.J.Sparrow Member

Wooo.

Tempted to upgrade my Note 4 as well, but I like switching batteries for instant 100%.

5. metalrain

metalrain Member

I'm going to keep my Note 4 as a back up phone. Currently using a cheapo Huawei that it's so frustratingly slow to use. It would be nice to fall back on my ol' reliable Note 4 if anything happens to my S8+ :)

I still haven't opened the phone nor the Gear VR because I don't want any finger prints on it :Paranoid: Going to the shops to get cotton cloth gloves and perhaps that new Fast Charging Wireless Pad.

6. thecondor

thecondor Member

With driver for delivery, come on you mudda fruiter.

7. Joe91

Joe91 Member

I'm fucking livid. I sat here and watched the delivery guy casually drop all of the "missed delivery" cards in the mailboxes right below me. I called out to him "Hi mate, do you have anything for number 17"? He said no, and strolled back to his van and took off. I refresh the tracking a few minutes later and no shit, it says unsuccessful delivery.

Call Startrack who ascertain it is Australia Post delivering the item, and as he is Australia Post, they can't contact him. They are bullshit artists. This happens at least every two weeks and even when it is a Startrack driver they tell me they cannot contact the driver and I will have to pick it up from the collection centre.

She offered to raise a complaint on my behalf (which will achieve nothing except a bullshit apology). Spoke to the manager who basically said the same thing but told her I didn't believe that they are unable to get hold of Australia Post. She raised a case and said she'd try and get hold of Aus Post and make it a priority. I don't buy into their bullshit for a minute and am expecting a call a few minutes before COB that they were unsuccessful. I have no doubt they have a shitty job dealing with angry people all day, and are not the ones doing a half-assed delivery attempt, but their meagre attempts at being apologetic and trying to help out are incredibly frustrating.

I just can't believe I've been sitting out here for about two hours waiting for him, had the driver not attempt delivery, question him and was lied to, and now have to go get the fucking thing myself.

8. thecondor

thecondor Member

Have you seen startracks reviews online? its hilarious going through all their 1 star reviews.

I love looking at all the comments from the star track rep. Im thinking to myself imagine what is going through his head everyday

9. metalrain

metalrain Member

That sucks balls man, my Startrack deliverer was awesome. Even had a quick convo while I was signing for the delivery.

He said he really didn't get why people are so excited for a new phone, and had a thousand or so to be delivered today haha

10. Joe91

Joe91 Member

Thanks fellas. Some of them definitely seem like good guys but maybe it's just the drivers that serve my suburb, because this happens with more than half the deliveries I get. I quite often sit out here and watch the couriers not even try, and drop the cards in the mailboxes. FedEx seem to be the exception though, at least from what I've seen. Shame they aren't more widely used.

I'm on the phone with Samsung right now. Good to hear they are a bit more sorry for what has happened, I asked them to raise this with Startrack in hope that it might escalate the issue. I'm on hold right now while they speak Startrack. Interestingly she did mention that a few customers had rang to complain about this today. I wonder how many else out there have only let Startrack know about this and not Samsung directly.

Let's see what happens.

Anyway, hope those who had a delivery driver actually willing to do their job are enjoying their phones so far. Be interested to hear peoples initial thoughts.

11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Wow, that is just unbelievable. I'd be absolutely furious :mad:

12. thecondor

thecondor Member

Face recognition is bloody fast to unlock.

Boy oh boy.

13. metalrain

metalrain Member

Okay despite the screen being much bigger than the Note 4, the S8+ feels much smaller. Definitely taller but much MUCH skinnier. Was worried for a little bit there that with the bigger screen, it'll be a hassle to handle, but now I'm glad I went with the S8+ instead of the S8 :)

14. Joe91

Joe91 Member

As expected, I'm shit out of luck.

Samsung were a good help but only were unable to get the full story again from Startrack. Samsung have raised a case also and are escalating to their management, and I am going to do so also with Startrack. I usually don't bother with this shit because it achieves nothing but the second guy I spoke to at Startrack said that when individual cases are raised, they speak with the driver about it. I'm hoping this is the same for Australia Post. I'd love to see this guy get an ass kicking by his boss / formal warning.

I'm actually going to go for a walk to the collection centre and wait around and hope I catch the driver dropping his stuff off, I'd quite like a word with him. Could be a few hours wait I guess but I have nothing else on today so why not get some fresh air? :lol:

15. Joe91

Joe91 Member

As I was walking to the PO, checked tracking again and said ready for collection. Bloody hell.

Least I have the phone now, still furious about what happened.

The phone itself is incredible. Easy to hold (I got the S8) as it not as wide as the S7 Edge I used to have. Incredible display and case design, feels a million bucks.

Samsung also included speaker amplifier with a note to say thank you. Nice little touch.

16. thecondor

thecondor Member

Thought I would post a picture of mine.

Absolutely fucking loving this phone so far.

[​IMG]

17. bcann

bcann Member

just thought i'd check this thread whilst waiting for my 8+ to get delivered and sure enough as soon as i opened this thread sit showed up.

Pity its my wifes new phone :(

I'll wait for the pixel xl 2 seeing as i only got the xl around october last year.

I got the gear VR as well at the same time.

18. thmrsh

thmrsh Member

Was lucky enough to get one for 35% off through work :)

19. thecondor

thecondor Member

Niiiiiice.

Thats a bloody handy discount.

20. thmrsh

thmrsh Member

Best part is, you're able to salary sacrifice the phone.
    Even at the lower cost.

:):):)