Samsung i9000 Galaxy S

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Smoza, May 17, 2010.

1. AesthetiCz

AesthetiCz Member

as in the hold volume up, home and power when you start then release power when the "samsung I9000" screen displays?

Yeah I tried that a heap of times, just booted normally each time, however it would stay on that samsung screen on and off for as long as I held the buttons.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. M3NAC3

M3NAC3 (Banned or Deleted)

Had the same issues as you mate and I was pulling my hair out.

This vid explains it all pretty clear, worked for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_w_1TNixQ4

3. flurex

flurex Member

T-Mobile UK have updated their post.

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discussions/index?page=forums&topic=801038132d6a86012b3763ab0b007e4e

4. andydev

andydev Member

Can anyone recommend me a good case for the phone?

Something sturdy, not too thick, and that I don't need to "open it" to see who is calling.

I ordered this but it will only be delivered at the end of October, so I want to cancel the order

5. TomJ

TomJ Member

6. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

Keep an eye out for covers and accessories that come bundled with 2-3 screen protectors as bonus gifts. My mesh cover came with 3 screen protectors as a "surprise event" :lol:

The mesh cover is a very snug fit and doesn't make the phone look or feel any bigger, best purchase for my phone thus far.

7. andydev

andydev Member

8. reedemer

reedemer Member

Another vote for the mesh case! :thumbup:

9. andydev

andydev Member

Thanks all, ordered a mesh AND a sgp case (since I read great reviews about it). Shipping for the sgp case from US was $2 ;)

10. MooGliSH

MooGliSH Member

I don't know why the SGP cases would get rave reviews. The case i got was dogshit. Looked like it was coated in oil, and the screen protector that came with it, while well cut and firm, wouldn't stay stuck around the edges at all.

Mesh case on the other hand is great.

11. andydev

andydev Member

12. FiShy

FiShy Member

Looks at a galaxy S to replace my iphone 3g, anything i should know?

13. MooGliSH

MooGliSH Member

Samsung Australia sits around with their thumb up their ass and seem to have blown their software development budget on advertising.

The only reason my phone is working properly right now is due to Samsung Canada :thumbup:

2.2 is taking a lot longer than promised, there is lag issues, gps issues with some people, etc. Most people can't even get the samsung software (Kies) to recognise when their phone is plugged in, I personally had luck on the third pc i tried.

Once you get everything running properly though it's a beast of a phone, but getting to that point can be frustrating.

14. dainese

dainese Member

sorry guys, just wanted to help a uni mate out (she's gorgeous) with her SGS. was there an update or patch to fix the lag problem with the SGS?

Thanks

15. Caffeine

Caffeine Member

Yes the 1 click lag fix available from the app market. ZIt's a bout a 10 minute fiddle to get it up and running, but some people report it makes things significantly faster

16. dainese

dainese Member

thanks caffeine

17. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Should I buy one down the line, and from what i've currently learnt from this thread...buy a case for it, d/l the new 2.2 if needed, then look around the web or ask you guys for any more of little secret apps for lag and etc.

Is this about it?...and this is also my first "smart" phone :).

A case of alcohol beverages and hoping both you and the girl forget about the phone altogether may also help in you with your/her problem mate :).

18. Akira

Akira Member

If you don't have a Gmail account get one. It's by far the simplest way to get all your contacts off your iPhone. Sync with Google in iTunes before you switch over (unfortunately existing events in your caledar won't sync, it only syncs new events you create once you set syncing up).

19. AesthetiCz

AesthetiCz Member

Can someone give me a linky to these mesh cases so I can check em out?

Also, recently installed the voodoo lag fix which is great for fixing lag, however I have noticed it is draining the shit out of my battery. Like im not even getting a day out of it with very light use. I would like to uninstall the voodoo lag fix, but the way I understand it I have actually acquired a new file system. What is the best way to get rid of voodoo lag fix?

20. dainese

dainese Member

this fix needs rooting?

might have to pass on that then... not my phone