Samsung i9000 Galaxy S

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Smoza, May 17, 2010.

1. Murder1

Murder1 Member

What exactly is the problem now, are you saying it's all ok? If not have a look here http://ausdroid.net/apns/

2. Chemical Pete

Chemical Pete Member

Perhaps try going into Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks, and try to reselect the network within there? Give "YES OPTUS" a shot, or whatever it appears as. Make sure network mode is set to "auto", too.

3. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

Thanks for the link. Checked those settings, seem to be all there, except Virgin MMS and Internet are two options under the APN option.

I just thought it should be using/showing "3G" not just "G" at the top of the screen? Took a while to download the Virgin Mobile app... only 113KB. Maybe its just my area/poor signal or whatever

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  4. JaS

JaS Member

Just keep an eye on it when you're travelling around, it'll jump from G -> 3G -> H, and all around. Most of the time I'm in my house I'm just on G, but sometimes it goes all the way to H (maybe in a different place in the house). So yeah, just keep an eye on it especially when out and about, if it doesn't at all in the next week, maybe do some further investigation. BTW, I selected Virgin, and it works fine for me.

Edit: If I'm using the market place and only have the 2.5G network, I usually use my WiFi connection, so use that if you have one and its going slow.

5. gumbi

gumbi Member

Seems like a heap of trouble for a phone. I am pretty keen but dont have too much time to fiddle around, pretty desperate to sign up to a new plan as my ex-work have just dumped me off their corporate... galaxy S or iPhone... :(

Girlfriend just bought her iPhone and its not bad at all.

6. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

Alright, cool, thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out then, i think it might just be my location (atm two bars only) :)

I can just download apps to my pc, set/connect as mass storage, then copy/paste and then install on my phone right with Astro Manager correct? Or do I need to install Samsung Kies to copy/paste?

I don't think its too much trouble at all, its just all new to me coming from a LG Viewty, so its just taking me some time to learn it. I like this phone quite a bit, I'd recommend it already :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  7. JaS

JaS Member

Yep, just set it to Mass Storage in the USB options (or choose to ask when you connect it). Then when you connect it drag the Notification bar down (the top gray bar) and select mount, and you can use it like USB mass storage device. I don't know what Astro Manager is, but think I've put .apk files onto the device and just opened them using the 'Files' pre-installed app and they installed fine.

8. hak

hak Member

Astro file manager is one of the top free file manager from android market.

9. joeechick

joeechick Member

Has anyone gotten the $50 cashback cheque yet? It's been >10 days since I got my confirmation email...

10. jmart38

jmart38 (Banned or Deleted)

Cash backs normally take 2-6 weeks, the last couple I've done anyway. Be patient ;)

11. joeechick

joeechick Member

The email said 10 days! *pout*

But fiiiiine

12. jmart38

jmart38 (Banned or Deleted)

Wonder what I should spent the $50 on... probably booze knowing me. Or maybe consider it a free month of happy phone use? :weirdo:

13. Elmf

Elmf Member

Where can I get a galaxy case that is like the iPhone 3g tough/tradies case..which has a body cover+an extra film over the screen kind of like a screen protector but built in?

14. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

I ordered this their ebay.
    http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/1573

I've had the full protective clear skin on my old phone, but the sides/etc start to peel and turn yellowish after a while :S

15. Elmf

Elmf Member

Wait so does that have something over the screen as well or not?..I have a screen protector on it but I want another layer of protection..

16. Elmf

Elmf Member

I'm really liking that dark red one though..

17. ronald_r32

ronald_r32 Member

trying the one click lag fix ans running into problems.

I have done the first part of running the fix where it instructs you to reboot and "apply sdcard:update.zip" but when i apply it comes up with error in /sdcar/update.zip
    (staus 7)
    installation aborted

what am i doing wrong?

18. /\pocalypse

/\pocalypse Member

I have the blue one, been using it for about 3 weeks. Excellent alternative to a silicone case, it's much better. Feels great and barely gets in the way.

19. figrin

figrin Member

I've got the cheque back. Woot!!

20. andydev

andydev Member

just got my cheque too :D