1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

samsung nx mini - lens adapter or give up?

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by powderbomber, Jul 4, 2020.

1. powderbomber

powderbomber Member

Hey all trying to make up my mind what to do with a samsung NX mini camera that the lens has failed on. Seems to be electronic issues inside, lots of others report the same on the net, quality issues.
    Wasn't cheap enough to not care about throwing away but obviously not a super expensive piece of gear either.
    Doesnt seem to be any repair options around, camera stores I have spoken to that do repairs exclude samsung stuff.
    I have some canon and nikon lenses and there sort of seems to be adapters around but i havent found one that specifically seems to be the exact right one, theres a lot of crossover between samsung NX mount and NX-M mount.
    Guess Im just looking for ideas/advice - if anyone knows of any samsung lens repair options, or any other ideas as to how I can use the body with other lenses? Could just sell the body and move on too I guess...
    Appreciate any thoughts, cheers!

2. OP
    OP
    powderbomber

powderbomber Member

Give up it is! Anyone want to buy a mint Samsung NX Mini body and faulty lens?

3. theicemagic

theicemagic Member

powderbomber likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    powderbomber

powderbomber Member

thanks mate appreciate the reply. agree its flogging a dead horse but im clinging to the hope that there may be a lifehack way of getting out of it. i thought the same thing about people flogging them off cheap but the opposite seems to be the case, eg there is one lens on ebay au at the moment for $400...

5. theicemagic

theicemagic Member

That’s a shame. I’m really into the idea of keeping things going... sometimes you just have to just move on. Goodluck. :)

powderbomber likes this.