Samsung S10/S10+

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 25, 2019.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Feels like they only just released the S9 but here we are again....S10 coming up.

Looking like just more of the same as with the 8 and 9 before it.

Everything we (think we) know about the Samsung Galaxy S10

https://www.smh.com.au/technology/e...t-the-samsung-galaxy-s10-20190123-p50t21.html

2. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

let's take bets on the RRP?

I'm guessing $1600 for the base model

3. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

More of the same? Looking from the other side of the pond this one has a bit of a jump in it. Snapdragon 855, compatible with 5G, no notch, OS is responsive to the front facing camera location, in screen fingerprint scanner.

It looks really nice, I was already eyeing off the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and this is now giving me something to think about. If it has as big a battery and proper dual sim like the Mate 20 I'll be pretty interested.

4. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Some early estimates: https://www.techradar.com/au/news/samsung-galaxy-s10

5. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

Wow, that's stupid expensive if it turns out to be true. Headphone jack or not this has to get some backlash considering the amount of flak Apple copped for the XS range pricing.

l_ QuadX_l likes this.
  6. neopheX

neopheX Member

I still have my Galaxy S6 Edge (Gold) that is in perfect condition only got the battery changed last year (through Samsung directly) as it was starting to not hold charge. It's been an excellent phone and still does well today,

But, I am looking forward to jumping onto the S10+ this year. Don't really care how much it costs I pay my phone outright anyway so it's still cheaper than being on a plan, and i'll hold onto it for a number of years.

When is the official press release due? I thought it was on the 20th for some reason. Samsung should have a live stream up on YouTube as they normally do wouldn't they?

*20th of February is the presentation date.*

7. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

And rightly so, utterly ridiculous prices. But I'm sure someone will come along and say it's not just a phone, etc etc. Well it hasn't been just a phone for a long long time now.

Alfonzo likes this.
  8. neopheX

neopheX Member

I paid $1279 or so for my s6 edge outright when it came out so a few hundred more in 4 years isn’t too bad in hindsight when you look at it like that. Phones will never get cheaper anymore

9. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

the P30 get's announced at a similar time, I'm more interested in that

Bigtosser likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I don't think people mind price rises from year to year, but just reasonable ones, not astronomical hikes.

l_ QuadX_l likes this.
  11. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

Yeah actually, just read up on some P30 rumours - I think I'll pay more attention to that now. Edging towards $2k for a handset is getting a little ridiculous.

12. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Yeah its getting to the stage where Samsung is the other Apple, the cheaper competitors have caught up

l_ QuadX_l, Alfonzo and Bigtosser like this.
  13. Bigtosser

Bigtosser Member

I was a Samsung guy. But better bang for the buck going Huawei now i reckon.

14. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

TBH I'm not an anybody guy.....I'll go with whatever looks good performance and looks-wise, at the time. But I will admit, price is a major major factor for me.....especially the way prices have gone.

15. roamin

roamin Member

samsungs financial report a few months ago spoke of where there investing there money, tv's and so on being high priority, there phone department didnt even get a mention so im guessing itll be more of the same for a stupid price.

i have a note 8 and i cant see me upgrading for a few years and my contracts nearly up, phones used to be fun to keep up with the latest as there was always newer cooler stuff to have. i dont get that feeling no more especially for the price they want for these things now days. my note 8 was punch in the butt, would hate to know what a note 10 will cost. i used to payout contracts and what not to get the latest. not a chance no more.

5g is cool, but considering i get 15mb/s on 4g and only 11mb/s on my nbn connection, my phone is already faster then my home connection. not worth the upgrade price to me.

16. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I used to do that merry go round until a few years back when I thought I would buy outright so I don't have $100 bills every month (set myself an upper limit of around $100/month). Haven't looked back. But with prices the way they are going I might be n-1 in future :p

17. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Going to have to call it the Galaxy $10

18. Sinisstar

Sinisstar Member

Looks interesting but I'm not sure it's going to entice me to part with my S8 which is holding up well. 5G might be handy though?

19. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

S10 would be the one I'd go for if I was even going to think about one. From that video it looks like just more of the same. Do I need so many cameras? Not at all. Prices are going to be a deterrent for me until we start seeing some discounting.

20. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

A mate just forwarded me an (rumour) article that says the next Samsung will be following iphone and have no mp3 jack.