Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 25, 2019.
S10 or the following, incl Note 10?
Not sure, didn't read, deleted now, I think it's BS anyways. He might be just thinking of new rumoured galaxy buds thinking there will be no jack.
It's that time of year again.
Official Launch on Feb 20.
Leaks specs and pics are around, i.e:
- First phones with the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC 7nm CPU.
- The 855 CPU is branded "Kryo 485," and it pairs four semi-custom 2.42GHz Cortex A76 Cores with four 1.8GHz Cortex A55-based cores.
- Galaxy S10 has a 6.1-inch 3040×1440 OLED display
- Galaxy S10+ has a 6.4-inch 3040×1440 OLED display
- (S9 was 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5mm) S10 is going to be taller, wider, and thinner, at 149.9 x 71.6 x 8.1mm.
- (S9+ was 158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm) S10 Plus will be shorter, wider, and thinner, at 157.0 x 75.3 x 8.1mm.
- Battery (up from 3000mAh on the S9) to 3400mAh on the S10
- Battery (up from 3500mAh on the S9+) to 4100mAh on the S10+
- S10 include a baseline of 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, an 8GB RAM/512GB storage version and a monster 12GB RAM/1TB of storage version of the S10+.
- Both the S10 and S10+ will have three rear cameras, divided up into a 12-megapixel telephoto lens (at f/2.4), a 12-megapixel wide lens (f/1.5), and a 16-megapixel ultra-wide lens (f/2.2)
- In-screen, ultrasonic fingerprint reader instead of rear scanner.
- Wireless charging with reverse charging option to wirelessly charge accessories, etc.
- Cheaper S10e version with reduced specs will also be coming.
- Samsung is keeping the curved top and bottom bezels, as well as the sloping 3D glass sides, along with a dedicated Bixby button, USB-C charging port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
I like bezels. should I upgrade from s7 edge?
Phone looks good.
Phone does look good. The new cartooney icons looks cool
Icons are of course whatever you want them to be.
Hands on video leaked https://9to5google.com/2019/02/18/galaxy-s10-hands-on/
Couple of good improvements there.....fingerprint to the front and itself being a charging device for other devices
Otherwise I assume everything else pretty much the same really.
really not sure how i feel about the hole punch display. i think id prefer a notch. or, what the S9/S9+ already do, which is have thin bezels!
Yeah I'm undecided about that one, think I prefer a cutout. But at the end of the day probably not a dealbreaker for me.
Samsung S10+ 128GB Optus 24m Plan $105 + $5 (Handset)/m + Bonus Galaxy Buds ($249) + 200GB + Unlm' Talks&Txts + 10% HN Port-in +
Vodafone pre-ordering opens at 9am today.
I'm after a S10 "no gimmicks".
- No Edge
- No hole / notch
- FP on rear (the 'correct' location lol)
- Same guts, camera and battery
S10e is very close but the side FP reader will drive me batty, I don't give two sh1ts about a notch/hole and I really don't want an edge (does nothing for me, just makes screen protectors more expensive).
But as a S9 user who does the 24 month upgrade cycle I'm not realistically a customer for this gen anyway lol
And pre-order for Telstra: https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/samsung-s10
According to a news.com.au article:
S10E - "Budget friendly" $1199
S10 - $1349 for 128GB, $1699 for $512GB
S10+ - $1,499 unknown size, $2399 for 1TB.
I'm sorry, but LOL. $1100+ is now considered an entry level? Also, none of these are 5G capable - that will be a 4th model due later this year.
Up goes apple, up goes Samsung. More and more people will just go on plans rather than buy outright.
given all of this i reckon i might pull the trigger and order a snapdragon Galaxy S9 from eBay USA (once the prices drop a bit more to reflect the fact that it is now an officially superseded model). The S10e looks way too "budget" for an $1199 phone.
Hopefully LG will come along this year with the G8 and will sell it for a decent price.
Well it is an entry level flagship phone, not a J10
Telstra are doing a 5g upgrade offer when the s10+ 5g is released.
Im out and not really interested anyway, hello Mate 20 X