Samsung S10/S10+

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by MR CHILLED, Jan 25, 2019.

1. SyN

SyN Member

So i got the s10 512. Odd thing i find is the middle cam is the normal angle, one is wide. But then when i change to tele mode i use my finger to cover the remaining lens the tele shot still works :confused:

Anyone shed some light?

edit: discovered what happens. In low light it uses the F1.5 main camera and apply digital cropping. Only during good light will it use the slower F2.4 long lens

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  2. 6thgear

6thgear Member

Have to say although it's not a huge upgrade over the S8. I am loving the S10, extremely fast, the battery is still on 45% when i woke up at 7am today and used it for quite a bit of scrolling, calls and video calls. The camera is very good, didn't think i would use the wide angle camera but it can take some really amazing shots that you just can't get on a normal lens.
    The buds are great quality as well, great sound and easy connection to the phone and laptop.

3. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

one thing i'm missing from Oneplus is the built in app locker :(

4. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Which means probably less so over the S9 which is what I have right now. Trying to find a reason to change....drawing blank.

5. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Upgraded from note 8. Only upgrade is slightly smaller size for same screen size and battery. Battery is good though.

Also seeing benefits with a better camera.. Also I'm constantly using the free buds I bought another pair :)

6. roxydog

roxydog Member

Upgraded the other week for $99 through Telsras swap assure plan from the S9+ to S10+. No other reason than it was available .

Was a bonus though because the new 2 year plan was cheaper and more data..

As mentioned, battery is much better but not much different features from the S9+. If I used the camera more often I'm sure it would be a worthwhile upgrade if you are on the fence .

7. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

anyone having problem with being unable to connect to the network all of a sudden?

Mine is the 512Mb version, so it supports dual sims.

I have sim 1 with lebara (Vodafone I believe) and sim 2 with TPG.

I randomly lost connection, and I had to restart the phone to get the connection back.

8. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

The network? Which network? Your network? My network? Their network?

9. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

10. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

11. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

12. museumman

museumman Member

on a plane with cocaine & yes im all lit up again
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  13. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

So if I get a 10+, do I get the fancy buds and free upgrade to 5g version?

14. sanjay

sanjay Member

The free galaxy buds only applied to pre orders. the phone has been out for what, a month now?

I think the free 5G upgrade is still being offered if you buy the S10+ on an outrageously expensive plan on telstra, though.

15. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Hahaha outrageously expensive plan purchased....I get a free upgrade to 5g, a $99 upgrade to S11, full replacement for lost/damaged phone and 160gigs a month.

Btw, i was able run a small 1080p 265 file and a 6.5g 1080p 264 on the internal storage, but do the current crop of 256g sd cards play files greater than 4 gig and will they play hibitrate 1080/4k in either 264/265?

16. cvidler

cvidler Member

file system on the card not the size/newness makes the difference if they can hold files >4GB or not.

Kookooburra likes this.
  17. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

So I can convert a fat32-ntfs or whatever on the phone, or can it only be done on a pc?

18. cvidler

cvidler Member

android will typically support fat32 (4GB limit), ext3 and ext4 (>4GB), and newer versions support exfat (>4GB), knowing what a particular phone will format a card as is a more difficult problem. Mine doesn't tell me what format it uses, nor does the format command let you choose.

If you format the card in a PC you can choose the format you want to use easily.

19. sanjay

sanjay Member

Just used the PSYCHED 10% off code and $1000 worth of eBay gift cards purchased from Woollies for $900 (see here) to get a Snapdragon 855 variant of the S10 (G9730) in prism white for ~$850 delivered from mymobile.

Spent another $15 on a full face glass screen protector and a nillkin TPU gel case. excited!

Looks like, over the Exynos version, the Snapdragon version has ~15% better battery life, ~10-15% better performance and has FM radio support (which I use at the footy because trying to stream commentary at the MCG or etihad is an absolute fail). Standby battery life is apparently a lot better too, which is a real complaint i have about my Exynos S9 (work phone).

I will miss the Quad DAC headphone jack on my LG G7 but it's still running android 8 oreo and the battery life (3000mah battery and IPS LCD screen) is just not up to scratch for me.

20. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

Didn't the G7 get an update to 9? Pretty sure LG have laid out a roadmap for Pie updates for the V30 onward towards the end of the year.

I only mention as I plan on picking up a V30+ soon and an update to 9 in the works would be sweet.

EDIT: Scratch all that. Looks like the updates are only for Korea at this point in time... :upset:

Last edited: May 9, 2019