Samsung s21 Ultra and s21 line up.

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Kookooburra, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Could be released earlier than normal.
    The new ultra will be an epic upgrade for those on older or smaller phones as the ultra will be 6.9in again.

Unlike the very disappointing s20 line, these new s21 models look better, should have good quality cameras with good stability/auto focus***

They also come with a new powerful exynos processor that should equal the SD875.

Hopefully battery life will be improved with the new SOC, but do bare in mind that these are large and bright displays, so running them maxed out will result in heavy battery use, but these are new screens and soc so we might get a surprise.

*** note20 ultra has very good auto focus.

As a general rule, I prefer large flagships so I'll be focusing on the ultra unless I learn that one of the other s21 line offers good value.

I'm promoting Samsung in particular and Android to counter "Apple derangement syndrome".

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Wtf, another one already!??

3. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Sales of the s20 have probably grind to a halt :D

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Dunno. But did see some very quick discounting.

5. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Note20 ultra starting to sound like a good deal when you add up its features and goodies in the box, but the other s20s seem pointless now.

6. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

S21 Ultra will have 4 cameras on the main module.

7. Forgiven

Forgiven Member

Very interesting. I wonder what's the 4th camera will do.

8. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Not sure, but as long as they don't get ahead of themselves it should be a good camera.
    I'm more concerned with Australia getting a more powerful and efficient SOC.

Between the larger 5000mah battery and supposedly more efficient 5g modem, the S21 Ultra could be a real killer device.

Its looks better every time I see it, sleek and potent, and if it can improve upon my note, then I might consider getting it.

I/we use our phones alot these days, and with their big screens and high powered modems, they chug juice something chronic, at least in full power mode.

9. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Supposed to have 2 zoom cameras, a 3x and 5x.

10. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

New powerful exynos being unveiled on the 12/11/20.

11. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Probable S21 release date of jan 29th.

12. glennsfield

glennsfield Member

What was disappointing about the S20 range?

13. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

I too been burned by the s20 ... shit phone.

14. glennsfield

glennsfield Member

Why??

15. jars121

jars121 Member

Here I am, absolutely stoked with the new-to-me Note 10+ I've just received. The 21 design looks great though!

16. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Buggy af... camera is shit... battery dies fast when low ..

S10 was a much better phone

17. Slavetonet

Slavetonet Member

More cameras is better. Yah.
    People have gone mad with it. :D

18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Nothing. Nothing at all. Working perfectly here, no glitches, no problems, speedy af, sleek design, takes great quality pics. Love it.

AmB likes this.
  19. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

The s20+ was bland and smaller than my old S105G, it also lacked the 108mp sensor, of course the s20ultra was also bland but had the 108mp sensor....but its auto focus sucked hard.

Samsung made a HW modification to the note 20 ultra and dramatically improved the camera, and also dramatically improved the looks, as such i bypassed the s20 line and upgraded to the note20ultra.

I've had the note 20ultra for nearly 3 months and it's epic, its only real downside is that the phone will chug some juice in full power mode.

The upcoming s21ultra looks good this time round, will have a powerful and effective exynos SOC, and also has further improvements to camera focus, granted im happy with the note20s focus.

They also talk about efficiency improvements to screen and modem, and the possibility of the s- pen being offered as an option.

The s10s were very good phones, I had both the s10+ and s105g 6.7in, and imo, the s105g was the best phone ever made, obviously as time passes the new flagships should take over the mantle but imo the s20 line failed to do so.

Certainly overall the note line always makes the case for one of the best if not the best phone of all time, and as I owned the former champ, I can say that the note20ultra is without question one of the best phones ever made and whilst not by much, a better phone than the mighty s105g.

To me, overall efficiency and effectiveness is more important than outright power, but the upcoming s21ultra should have a significant power boost and battery performance over the note20ultra, especially as it also has a 500mah larger battery, along with various efficiency improvements.

If the s21ultra does come with a s-pen option, its possible Samsung will kill the note line, if so the resale of the note20ultra could be very high.

Does that answer your question?....lol.

20. doug81

doug81 Member

The 900 series exynos processors were junk - not even close to the SD equivalents. The 1000 series exynos look promising on performance, lets hope they are up to the task on overheating and battery drain as well...