Samsung S22 Ultra..early 2022.

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Kookooburra, Sep 27, 2021.

1. bart5986

bart5986 Member

It basically says there will be some sort of camera update for the phone which is based on a twitter post, which could easily just be a software update which is as expected.

Besides that there is no new information and it seems like the camera will be identical to the S21 Ultra.

2. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

I'm getting it regardless.
    My note is the best phone I've ever owned and the s22 will be better everywhere.

3. dANiel_

dANiel_ Member

Switch from my note10+ to an iphone 13 Pro max because I thought they canned the note line.

Hated the exynos processor in my note 10+, trash battery life and trash photo quality. Loved the phone and s-pen though.

Keeping a keen eye out for more news on this.

Kookooburra likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

S21 ultra vs s22 ultra.

5. bart5986

bart5986 Member

This is the same speculative information as the last video though...

Probably best to wait for some solid information or at least new leak.

6. cvidler

cvidler Member

I've still got a Note 10+ 5G, I think you're right they've canned the Note line in name, but the S21 Ultra is essentially the replacement, it's the big screen version.

will probably look at the 22 Ultra as my next upgrade.

Kookooburra likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Some of the tipsters have proven credibility though...

8. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Anyone's guess which SOC will be the fastest, but it sounds good no matter which SOC we or anyone gets, especially on GPU.

898 vs 2200.

At some point, worrying about overall performance between these chips will be pointless for most people.

Maybe Samsung should allow Australians to pre order using a non refundable %, and we can pick and choose.

All I know is that a 2200 will shat over my 999exynos.

9. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Oh dear, I hope Australian exynos can keep up with new snapdragon beast.

I'm gonna wait for reviews, and then swap my note20ultra for the s22ultra immediately if all is well.

On the proviso the s22ultra is a beast, and even with exynos it will be, I'll probably keep this one a bit longer.

I could still be very happy with my 2019 S105G as it had the 6.7in screen, 256g and all round excellent performance, so a s22 should hit the spot for a few yrs.

I game only on PC, so I don't need powerhouse GPU performance, but new phones bring some improvements and a new battery....my note20 will be about 17/18 months old by the time I upgrade.

10. bart5986

bart5986 Member

It won't, I'm sure of it.

The question is, what will they do, disable all the features of the new snapdragon processor to match Exynos, or only use snapdragon (Which 99% won't happen as Snapdragon is expensive for Samsung compared to Exynos and Samsung want to dump Snapdragon if they ever can)

There is no way they will release a phone with 8k HDR 30fps, video bokeh and the long long list of other things this new chip could be able to do, and then advertise almost a completely different phone for Exynos countries.

My guess is it will be like usual, snapdragon will just perform a little better and at a lower temperature.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  11. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

soon phones are just going to be one giant lens on the back... or 100 smaller lenses on the back

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It's difficult not to be cynical and think the only reason they are concentrating so much on camera quality is because there's really not much else they can change to differentiate it from the last model 6 months ago.

Ratzz and bart5986 like this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

I hear what you're saying, and if everyone was as discerning, sales of ALL sorts of products would diminish, however we get what we get.

In my case I like getting new phones as there's improvements, new battery and the device is brand new as I have a bad habit of dropping my phones, especially as they got bigger.

I went from the small but decent HTC 10 5.2in-Samsung S10+ and then the S105G 6.7, and that's when I started dropping them, so I like upgrading for fear my phone will die from the shocks I put the poor things thru.

There's no need to educate or combat me wrt these phones or any device I have an interest in, if that's what you're doing, as it feels like you're snapping at my heels all the time.

As it stands, my last 3 Samsung phones have been better and better each time, in fact, I doubt I'll notice much difference going from note20ultra to ss22 ultra, but I'll be doing it.

If you want to nitpick, knock yourself out, but my views are mine, and my goal is to ensure where possible people are choosing a quality product, and based on my ownership of my last 3 Samsung flagships, I've been happily served by outstanding devices.

Everyone knows these things are hexy, but just as you mentioned, I don't like suffering cut down features anymore than I have to.

Ratzz likes this.
  14. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Are you sure? Because you just posted a huge wall of text and I have no idea what you are talking about, did you quote the wrong person?

The post you quoted of mine essentially says the new snapdragon has way too many features for exynos to catch up in a single release.

Essentially if you don't need a good camera you can probably get away with a 5 year old phone unless you want something like a in screen fingerprint scanner.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It's not super critical for me to keep up with the latest and greatest but I do like to keep relatively in touch with current phones even just for an update in processor speed. I just wait until the phone is about two maybe three years old and swap so change over costs aren't too bad.

16. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

S22 all get full glass, not sure if ultra gets stainless steel frame though.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ouch, apple users won't like that opening comment :lol:

Personally I'm not fussed with glass or plastic for the backing, the phone always sits in a cover.

Kookooburra likes this.
  18. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

IPhone users are industrial capitalism's little darlings, so they wouldn't know what's best, only what's advertised the best:lol::lol:

That's said Samsung aren't as affordable as they used to be and have removed every damn thing.

S21fe is launching on 3rd of January which could mean s22 won't be available to mid February and possibly early march.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Certainly aren't but if there's any consolation they seem to drop very quickly in price after release.

20. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Hmm, S22ultra camera improvements sound unbelievable, literally, regardless, the overall camera performance will be excellent.

It'll be interesting to see what the difference is between exynos and SD...granted we already have the exynos versions over here, so as long as meaningful improvements occur I'll be happy.

I consider my note20ultra to be the best phone I've ever owned and easily one of the best phones ever made, and the s22 and s22ultra should be killer phones.