1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung S22 Ultra..early 2022.

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Kookooburra, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Draebor

Draebor Member

got my trio charger yesterday, was surprised to see a 25w fast charge wall plug in the box too for it.

works great on my s22 ultra and buds, not so great on the oldschool gear s3 classic - it starts charging and maybe gets 1 or 2 percent charged then disconnects unfortunately. im not too worried as i still have my og charging stand for it.

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Hard to believe people are still waiting on accessories :wired:

Assume this is all supply chain issues as workforce comes down with covid. Hopefully will be better for next year.

3. Soc

Soc Member

mine arrived today. no tracking info had been provided

4. Draebor

Draebor Member

nice! im still waiting, no tracking as of yet. funnily enough the samsung account page still says processsing on all my preorder goodies, despite the wireless trio having arrived already.

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

The tracking with my purchase was absolutely useless and quite misleading.

6. wullieb1

wullieb1 Member

Got the rest of mine today, message came from Samsung with tracking details.

7. Draebor

Draebor Member

yeah mines onboard for delivery today, better late then never! :leet:

8. Soc

Soc Member

After a few days of using the Samsung buds, I like em. They work well in the garage, the noise cancelling didn't like the grinder, but they're nice and light, and don't obstruct anything.

9. Draebor

Draebor Member

the leather case seems pretty hopeless in terms of drop or knock protection, think im going to stick with my spigen rugged armour case for the time being.

it does look and feel quite nice though, very slimline and feels great in the hand.

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Can vouch for this one. It's a good price, it's very solid, the construction is quality and it fits super nice and tight. Dropped the phone twice on concrete from about 2 feet in the air and no damage to either the phone or case and the not even a visible mark on the spigen case.

11. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I got one of THESE for my S21+. It's still in the mail, I'm looking forward to trying it out. They also have S21 Ultra and S21 FE versions of this case, not sure about other models or brands though.

The price is reasonable, I didn't really fancy spending 50 bucks or more on a phone case as do some people.

Aluminium/polyurethane, should be pretty strong. I chose the additional front cover, with its integrated screen protector, as well.

I chose the bright yellow, it might save me needing to ring it to locate it on the regular occasions I misplace the phone :lol:.

[​IMG]

Kookooburra likes this.
  12. cynicalmike

cynicalmike Member

so they have 1TB s22ultra for price of 512 at around 1700 until the 31/5/22, based on peoples monitoring of prices for s21 and earlier will it likely drop much further later on? need a new phone pretty much now but can wait months if it can go lower. i don't know if this is the first time they've offered the 1TB option either. any samsung fanboi's here to advise? i made do with 256gb before but more is always better.

13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Calling Kookooburra :p

j/k

Kookooburra likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

1700 for a 1t....ffs it was 2500 at launch.
    I'm never going below 512(which I have now which was 2150 at launch)

Will it drop in price, sure, the longer you wait the cheaper it gets.
    My attitude is that if you use something a lot, a few hungy here or there doesn't matter.

Alternatively how much is the 512?

MR CHILLED likes this.
  15. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

It will drop in price.. about a week before the next model is released. Then you'll be thinking 'hey but I want the new model. If I wait awhile I can get that in 1Tb instead'...then it comes along in 1Tb alright, but there are rumours that on the soon to come even newer model is going to have a 2TB option.. so you wait for that...

Meanwhile, you're still rocking your S22 when all the cool kids have S25's :lol:

Kookooburra likes this.
  16. cynicalmike

cynicalmike Member

there's a deal so 1TB is same as 512 price, around 1720. yeah it was 2500rrp but i'd never pay that for many reasons (if someone really really needs at launch or is big fanboi then that's fine, but it's not for me). newest iphone is around 2.7k for 1tb!

i lived with 256 just fine, rarely got it full, and would go 512 this time but at same price i guess 1TB is even better. mainly for travel - massive amounts of videos and could even watch movies in a tent or something if not bring the lappy (or battery seems more economical). anyway...

yeah definitely it probably hasn't reached 'rock bottom' and i know it's hard to predict (and even harder now considering world events that may impact future discounting/pricing/availability). the price drop like in korea probably won't happen here. probably 2 months or so before release date for s23 will be a big drop but i doubt i can wait that long without a usable phone (12/2021 the s21 ultra dropped significantly to more than half rrp).

i thought about a trade in on a lower model for overall saving of hundreds but my screen is smashed and doesn't work so i could bs them and not send it in but apparently they can revoke that $500 discount as well now so it's probably not worth the hassle. probably not worth repairing either at hundreds for a new lcd+glass which can just be put towards a new phone.

i just hope they fixed the camera (focus?) issues from the previous models, i deliberately held off for that reason and i think it's sorta fixed now (or they just removed something so it's not an issue now)

yeah i know this is the standard spiel with tech, going from s9+ here so think i bought that in 2018. the actual point of my post was more if anyone knows how samsung discount over say 3, 6, 9-10 months and specifically if they've been reading about lacklustre sales and figure there could be more discounts expected, or whether this current discounts are not 'normal' and signs that they may be discounted further.

yeah and ordered just now cos today last day for free "samsung care" i can pay extra to be ignored! suppose if it takes weeks to ship i can just cancel. could never get them to send me a newsletter voucher though :/

Kookooburra likes this.
  17. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

Finally got my free buds.
    They just turned up one day, no notification or anything.

And now I find they have a new deal with a Samsung watch instead of buds.
    I would have preferred the watch to the buds.

18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

S20 camera was quite bad for that, it's definitely been fixed in the S22. The S22 takes some fantastic pics.

Kookooburra likes this.
  19. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Kookooburra likes this.