1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung S22 Ultra..early 2022.

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Kookooburra, Sep 27, 2021.

1. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

I probably wouldn’t go that far with the plus being the ultra as the camera setup isn’t expected to be the same. Nor the size really.

In the past the plus version at least had an extra camera compared to the non plus, but recently it’s just the size and battery that a bigger.

2. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

You could still use your s20 charger, but it would be 15-25w vs 45w.

I suppose Samsung tests these things, but initially I'm just going to use my 25w charger to ensure I don't roast my fancy new phone, although I'm probably being paranoid

You could do a search on ytube for 25w vs 45w charger times....I doubt it'll be much difference.

BTW, you won't get a charger or a set of headphones this time round

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Pricks. See I don't agree with that move. Oh well, I just won't be selling my current phone with a charger.

4. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

Even if they gave you a charger, it wouldn't be the fastest one they have, just the cheapest :) hah So they would still get people to buy something more from them.

I would wish with the Ultra/Note they just included the full blown kit..

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Honestly I'd be ok with that as long as I didn't have to go out and buy a charger. I think it's just BS tbh.

6. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

Sadly when Apple does it, the industry will continue the trend if it saves them money.

But yes, give the public a choice and a way to even return chargers they don't want..

Not sure if they do it now, but they used to leave a recycle your phone bag in the box with Samsung phones.

7. thecondor

thecondor Member

Maybe the app badges thing is just an irk of mine because of 3 different email accounts. But i do find it handy having a counter to remember certain notifications.

8. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

Unbox therapy on YouTube had a s22 series video..the units looked like the usual mock-ups made popular the past few years. Here is the original video that got taken down for anyone interested in the sizing.

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

What about giving users to have the charger included or not at purchase.

Purchasing separately just represents an annoyance to the consumer. It's just another thing they have to think about.

A lot of us have after market chargers but these can be quite insufficient in terms of power so essentially these chargers can be trickle or slow charge.

For me it's still not a deal breaker, just an annoyance.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  10. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Samsung are removing all accessories in a bid to save the environment, the children and America itself.

adamsleath likes this.
  11. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I still have a 25W charger from a previous phone. Given that I always charge my phone overnight, its fine for me, I absolutely never suffer from a low battery on my s21 Ultra. I dont get those who think they need 10 minute charging.

Kookooburra likes this.
  12. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

apple loves it accessorising. <3 $

Ratzz, thecondor and Kookooburra like this.
  13. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

While true, a lot of people order their phones or they at least get delivered to your home. That would just mean another cost for the provider and bigger shipping costs...and more waste :) heh

I generally don't get the hype too much as well, but for companies it another feature they can push, otherwise how else are they innovating atm.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  14. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Get a battery bank and never worry again, they're cheap as chips and the sheer definition of plug and play.

15. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I have a 40,000 mAh 10,000 mAh power bank with pass-through that I used to use as an inline UPS for a digital clock for my custom wooden PC case. I have no use for that as it is.

*This post has been heavily edited since it turned into a particularly verbose bucket of verbal diarrhea, and also because it turned out the power bank was 10,000 mAh rather than the originally stated 40,000 mAh. *

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  16. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

I was in office works and saw a 5000mah power bank for $14, bought it, charged it and eventually used it after 3 months or whatever, and it just plugged and played and my phone acted like it had full power immediately.

They can be left in the car, left in the office, left at home, and they charge the phone whilst connected....so given their low cost and effectiveness I simply wonder why people don't just buy a few and never mention battery life again, lol.

Let's face it, ULTRAS are gonna chug juice, they're V12s, not 3ltr camrys, lol.

As it stands, the S22ultra is now going to be 228grams because it's got a 5000mah battery.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  17. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I really have no use for the power bank beyond running an LCD clock when Eva shuts the power down on the PC's overnight.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    Kookooburra likes this.
  18. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

TLDR but I gave u a like...lol.

19. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

verbal diarrhea caused by boredom :lol: Mopped it up now ...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Not really, the box and contents are the same as they have always been for that particular model and some contain the charger and some don't ;)

Anyways, it is what it is and we will just have to adapt.