1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung S22 Ultra..early 2022.

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Kookooburra, Sep 27, 2021.

1. thecondor

thecondor Member

But thats not really the point though is it? We are paying more for the device than america do and if the exynos version is inferior we are getting gimped again, like we do every other year.

2. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

I'm not sure what you want me to say though...
    My last 4 phones were.
    HTC 10
    S10+
    S105G
    Note20ultra.

My note20ultra with its crap, garbage, slow as shit 990 is the best phone I've ever owned.

I'm moving from from 990 to 2200, so I know I'll get excellent performance everywhere.

I'm back here loving my mighty note20ultra, and yet you sound like every 2nd knucklehead on ytube comments talking all sorts of shit about exynos.

If my previous phones were crap, I wouldn't stay with Samsung, and given the overall quality of the note20ultra, I see no reason to even think about moving from Samsung.

Just a FYI, Samsung made HW changes to the camera of the note20ultra, so if you've got a s20ultra or something, then perhaps you have legitimate issues, but you guys can't come in here and rubbish Samsungs exynos anymore....at least wait till the 2200 is properly reviewed cause as it stands it sounds like a monster.

3. doug81

doug81 Member

The 990 was inferior to the Snapdragon 865 which was the equivalent, but it's hardly a bad performer so you're right in saying it performed well but it's also right that AU paid more for a relatively crappier version. The Exynos 2100 is pretty close to the SD888 in that they both push the performance limits and have potential heating issues and inefficiency to get there. I'm expecting that the 2200 won't be hugely different to the SD 8 Gen1, but either one are going to be beasts in terms of performance regardless of which one is fastest. Thermals and battery efficiency are far more relevant at these levels unless you're pushing the limits with heavy mobile gaming.

4. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

Kookooburra likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

I'm not sure why you're telling me this?
    If you like Samsung, you're gonna have accept exynos, however nothing's stopping anyone from waiting for other snapdragon phones to be released .

We pay more for everything of course, but if you really want the snapdragon buy another brand.

I'm sticking with Samsung because I have the best screen on the market, outstanding sound quality, outstanding build quality, extremely good camera overall, incredibly stable with feature packed operating system.

I'm not gonna dump all that just for 10% better this or that.

Just reading the article MoNkEY dropped, the exynos sounds killer.

MR CHILLED and doug81 like this.
  6. thecondor

thecondor Member

Kookooburra likes this.
  7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Right. I'm not at this stage considering anything else. Very happy with Samsung and less hassle with swapping phones the better.

Kookooburra likes this.
  8. thecondor

thecondor Member

9. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

10. thecondor

thecondor Member

Yeah me either. But getting snapdragon does look positive.

11. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

I'm gonna get the exynos version with 1300mhz GPU, I'll then seek counsel from the very best overclockers at ocau and boost it to well beyond 2000mhz.

thecondor likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

13. thecondor

thecondor Member

14. cvidler

cvidler Member

I've played some solitaire.

15. thecondor

thecondor Member

true I played some candy crush. Not exactly gpu pushing

16. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

thecondor likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  18. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Enjoy not having an S22 then, because Samsung only use Snapdragons in markets which are contractually bound to using the Snapdragon in those markets for some reason, as I understand it. The Australian S22 will be Exynos, just as my S21 is. Samsung even manufacture the Snapdragon's for Qualcomm !!

The differences are inconsequential, and if you are someone who would buy an S22 at all you'd be doing yourself a disservice choosing not to buy an Exynos S22 on the basis of a few relatively minor losses to the Snapdragon in some (but not all) benchmarks. Place an SD version against an Exynos version, don't do any benchmarks, and you'll be unable to tell the difference.

Kookooburra likes this.
  19. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Unfortunately they rely on expert opinion from anonymous 14yr old ytube intellectuals, these intellectuals use highly technical language to describe exynos phones they don't own such as crap, garbage, dogshit and horseshit......heck, they've even used the phrase "pile of shit" to describe the complexity of the exynos SOC.

20. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Disclaimer that I haven't done any extensive research but I believe this isn't true.

The S21 Ultra Snapdragon had better low light video quality and better temperatures in hot weather or things like camera recording. I can't confirm temperatures but I've seen comparison videos.

Yes the average person couldn't tell the difference in the same way that the average person couldn't tell if you downgraded the Exynos 2100 to the Exynos 990.

If you are buying a $2000 phone because you need a high end phone, I imagine you can easily notice the differences.