Samsung Series 7 Slate

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by DarkYendor, Apr 22, 2012.

1. DarkYendor

DarkYendor Member

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread on this.

Click to view full size!

Anyways, its a windows 7 tablet, 11.6" LCD, dual-core i5, 4GB RAM, 64/128GB SSD, USB, HDMI, and a microSD slot. MS have been using it to demo win8 on a tablet, and they're working with Samsung to help owners upgrade to the windows 8 preview.

Anyways, I just got one yesterday and I'm loving it. The XE700T1A-A01, which includes the digital pen, dock and bluetooth keyboard. I chose this tablet over the iPad and the android based offerings as I can use it for work thanks to windows and the USB port.

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

So, anyone else got/looking-at one?

2. proffesso

proffesso Member

this is on my list as the only choice for tablet. looks great, has power to boot (for a tablet) and wacom pen sensitivity. sounds perfect. I dont really have a use for it at the moment, but if they come out with an ivybridge version (intel HD2500/4000) and a higher res screen, i'll buy one just for giggles. the current spec is at least 6 months old now isnt it?

3. SmolderinCorpse

SmolderinCorpse Member

Well, I was considering buying one of these, problem is the price-tag on a single 64 GB Series 7 is around 1,699 dollars.

I'd rather get a good looking brand new 11.6 inch laptop with a GT650 and i7-3610QM for around 1,300 - 1,400 dollars than the series 7.

4. SpudBoy

SpudBoy Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012