Samsung's 2011 D7000 & D8000 LED LCDs Reviews, Questions and Comments

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Oppressa, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Frag

Frag Member

2. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

factory second

3. Frag

Frag Member

LOl knew it was a 2nd, just wondered whether it was cosmetic or panel issue of some sort (dead pixel etc) Great buy!

4. phantompisser

phantompisser Member

Daughter just bought the PS59D550 and it plays mkv's off a WD passsport drive and the D550 is pretty much the bottom of the range . When we went to Myers to look at them we took a Thumbdrive and the Samsung was the only TV we tried that even recognized it let alone played the movies . Had about 12 kids watching Rio in the store :p .

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  5. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

FYI renamed the thread as it's becoming more of a general info thread.

6. Frag

Frag Member

Lol sorry mate =)

Just found out the 64" wont be in perth until late first week or early 2nd week of June.

7. luztra

luztra Member

My partner got the UA55D8000 yesterday from Harvey Norman. Their ticket price was $4699, he ended up getting it for $3799.

8. Zee

Zee Member

I have access to stock of PS51D8000 and PS59D8000's at the moment, if anyone wants to know prices, PM me.

Z...

9. bigmaxy

bigmaxy Member

I'm thinking about getting a new LED and have been trying to research what I want. Samsung is making it hard for me since the website does not appear to have been updated for the D series models and I was initially confused about D7000 and D8000 etc because some were referring to LED/LCD while other were referring to plasma. Am I right in assuming that the TV's are the same with the only difference being the panel technology? that is a D7000 LCD vs D7000 plasma.

Has anyone seen a guide between the different D series features? ie 6600, 7000, 8000, 9000. I see the bezels can be different, also web features I guess.

I think is would be after a 65" LED of some description. It will be connected to a HTPC so a lot of the web functionality does not interest me too much I would say. What model would be most suitable and since I can't find anything yet I assume they are not yet released. I guess that is what the poster above was saying about 2nd week of June. Does anyone have an expected price for these yet?

Cheers

10. Mystery Man

Mystery Man Member

11. bigmaxy

bigmaxy Member

Thanks Dude. Just found this too. Not Aus models but not bad just the same.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1303888

Edit...scratch that...the models don't really line up at all. The D6500 does not include many of the features of the D6600.

The D6600 could be the pick right now (unless the D7000) is not too much more expensive.

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  12. Mr_Sparkle

Mr_Sparkle Member

I secured a 55" D8000 today, 3900 form domayne with 4 year warranty, even after the horror stories on the avforums, I struggled to find severe cases of clouding or banding with the sets that were on display (5 different stores)

I'll be wall mounting it with http://www.selbyacoustics.com.au/st...ail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=74520&c=84142&i=250829653
    Which is the slimmest mount I could find on the market. Ill post pics in a few weeks (when I actulally move in :) )

13. luztra

luztra Member

Got the UA55D8000 last week. We liked it so much we grabbed another today ($3750). Got it home and it had horrific back light bleeding and bright blue pixels so quickly returned to the store and luckily got their last (boxed) stock. Got home and set it up and it is perfect.

Also, for those who are interested, we have mounted both TV's with the Samsung WMX200B wall mounts - expensive at $160 (from $200), but goes on the wall beautifully and it pretty-much as close to the wall as you can get.

14. iconoclast

iconoclast Member

What sort of bright spot issues were you having? I have a UA46C6900 and it seems to bleed blue in the corners on a black picture.

15. Ka0sX

Ka0sX (Banned or Deleted)

This is a nice system iam using it atm

http://itsdirect.com.au/products/Sa...egory_id/55/Product_ID/8851/sub_category/201/

16. Frag

Frag Member

It will be interesting how these 2 compare.. $30 vs $160. I know which I would buy, its not like you see the damn thing so long as it holds it up =)

I want a secure wall mount that will allow me to rotate so I can look straight on when i set up the cockpit for gt5 etc.

17. Frag

Frag Member

Just picked up/setup my 64" D8000 Plasma! :thumbup:
    I can honestly say, I havent found a dead pixel yet!!!! (yay 1 in 4 samsung, well done!)

The qwerty RC is pretty cool, haven't tried any 3d as I am running the burn in slides for at least the first 100 hours before really playing with it.

Physically only things I dislike so far is the claw foot stand; Much prefer the stand of the 63" c8000 i had before. Also the silver bezel is probably a bit too much, prefer a dark bezel that does not stand out... Does look "nicer" but less functional.

It does have a buzzing like the C8000 i had before but with sound you can't hear it unless its really quiet.

EDIT: Ok, spoke too soon... first issue after 10 minutes I get the samsung logo show up. Now I assumed its part of the screen anti burn in protection so i shut that down but still if I watch TV and not touch remote for 10 it shows up... time to start googling ... :(

EDIT2: Online update didnt work (not picking up updates), but usb one did the trick... problem fixed :/ lol what a start, wonder how long before some clever monkey gives TVs viruses!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  18. cazzy160344

cazzy160344 Member

Frag - Nice! How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

Also, any chance of pics?

I'm contemplating upgrading our 58" Pana Plasma in the lounge to the Sammy 64" D8000.

Wonder why they just didn't make it 65" :confused:

19. Frag

Frag Member

Paid $3656

PN64D8000 (Plasma)

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Can't really comment on it too much yet as still doing the burn in slides for next few days :) I will be wall mounting it when i find the right "articulating" wall mount to use and some spare time.

EDIT: As for the 64" vs 65", well they need to release a new model next year.. this year it was plasma +1, next year it will be plasma +2 :o

EDIT2: I will be trying these calibaration settings when I get the 100+ hrs burn in up

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1333561

20. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Should look great once you wall mount it.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with an articulating wall mount and just get one that allows the tv to be stuck to the wall as close as possible. Lets face it, you paid alot for the slimness of the current gen Samsung, might as well show it off.

Articulating wall mounts add too much thickness.

For clarity, you should put the model number so people don't get confused with the LED models...

Plasma
    64 inch (PS64D8000)

LED
    UA55D8000