SOLVED Sandisk SDcard issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by Sledge, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Sledge

Sledge Member

I've got a microSD Card from when i bought a new phone 1.5 yrs ago, and it seems to be having issues.
    I bought it from Harvey Normans, so i would think it would be a genuine one...
    How long should an SDcard last? this is the second one to fail.. though the other one died completely, at least this one i can see the files on there..
    (just found the warranty is 5 yrs)

Anywho...
    I've got most files off it, but there's still files on there i need to get off, but whenever i try to copy/move/recover any of these files, the SDcard disconnects from the PC.
    I've tried bluetooth from the phone, messaging from the phone, FB messenger from the phone, Sandisk Rescue Pro on the PC.
    Anything else i can try?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

getdataback might work. IIRC it jams itself between the OS and drive and works at the block level rather than file level.

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Depends on the application. Dashcam sdcards probably going to last a shorter length of time due to the constant writes. For normal applications of saving files there etc, they should last a long time. But well, you get general failures too, can't help that.

4. OP
    OP
    Sledge

Sledge Member

i've been put onto a program called Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier which seems to be doing the job, but very slowly.
    Part of the issue was also finding a card reader that doesn't disconnect when it detects an error (which i now have)

5. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

UC is ok, but actual data recovery software is likely to be better. If it doesn't ultimately work, try getdataback.

6. OP
    OP
    Sledge

Sledge Member

yep, doing pretty much the same as the above app.... but a lot faster thanks :)

7. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

Heh I've used UC before, but I never really made the connection that I knew the guy a bit until I saw the page just now and saw Quantime in their credits.

Haven't seen either for... fuck... probably pushing 10 years now.

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Can vouch for that one, did an awesome job getting back raid data for me a few years back :thumbup: