Satellite Reign (Spiritual Successor to Syndicate Series) Kickstarter

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Deltoid, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Raolin

Raolin Member

I've been quite enjoying following the development of this. Have about 30hrs or so on record mostly replaying the first area after major updates.

Haven't really persevered onwards through the later areas, saving them for once it hits release as the few times I've ventured further I found those area lacking the polish of the first.

2. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

The performance difference now with 0.93 from the 0.80 version is huge. The game is really smooth now. Only 5 days until the full release!

3. Cape_Horn

Cape_Horn Member

I decided very early on that I would only play once it was officially released.
    Very much looking forward to next weekend (which I think might also be my first non-work weekend in 5weeks)

4. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I've dabbled a bit in it for about 14 according to Steam and only reached the second area so 3/4 of the game is still a mystery to me. The worst part is it's release pretty much coincides with my tactical espionage holiday for the week of the 30th August for MGS5.

5. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

I do this with all alpha games that I subscribe to. Planetary Annihilation, Prison Architect and also Satellite Reign. :)

6. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Happy Satellite Reign release day guys!

I got bored waiting so I started again last night. I figure 0.98 is close enough to 1.00 to okay. I can't comment on anything yet as I'm only in the Downtown area which I've seen far too many times before.

7. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Trailer looks cool. Love those cloaks!

8. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

Game is awesome. Takes me back to Syndicate yet modernised.

Have to run it in a 1920x1080 window coz it runs like arse at 1440p. Changing settings doesn't do much for the frame rate.

9. itsmydamnation

itsmydamnation Member

you need to turn off the Screen space effects, they are per pixel cost.

10. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

yeah doesn't change much. hence dropping res

GPU load hovers around 80% at 1080p with everything on, 99% regardless of settings at 1440p.

CPU load tops 24% at any time.

Game is still not optimised well. tbh it's hardly any different from the beta when it first went early access.

11. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Finally getting around to playing this game, but tbh, I'm not really feeling it. The first level is not captivating me, and I'm left wondering where the fun's at...

12. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

You too eh? I think I put an hour into it, got confused with all the gates etc and gave up. Came expecting Sydnicate, left disappointed.. :thumbdn:

13. Bastard Child

Bastard Child RIP

I was ready to install it last week, read on steam that enemies respawn, went back to other games.

I'll give it a go with something like cheat engine running.

14. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

I'm quite a few hours into this now. My thoughts so far are:

The Good:

- Imho its a good approximation of what a modern syndicate game would be like.
    - I like the "open world" game play.
    - There is a lot of choice in how you fulfill your missions. Stealth infiltration, full on assault to slip in through the back door.

The Bad:

- The game is a crash fest. Seriously I can never tell if I'm going to get 60 second or 60 minutes of uninterrupted game play.
    - The tutorial mission was incompatible with my key board. I seriously had to plug in a crap no frills keyboard to get the zip line to work. All others seem to be fine.
    - It took me quite a while to figure out how to play the game effectively.

15. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

16. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

I might have to give it another go. I got up to a point where it was impossible to complete any more missions without the game crashing.

17. bennyg

bennyg Member

I was disappointed by this game, there just wasn't enough kaboom. Syndicate Wars had lots of varied weapons and punks dropping bombs and exploding buildings all over the place, I played through it last year again, this by contrast was very repetitive. From about midgame you I got tired of the ninja approach and it just became quicker to hack yourself a posse of strong enemies, fight your way to the door, fight your way out, wait to lose heat, repeat. Overwhelmed by bad guys? Sit on an ammo pack and spam grenades. The stupid AI from both player agents and enemies really killed the experience for me, the AI in all respects in Swars was better.

It is pretty stable though, I only got maybe 2 crashes in the whole playthrough (over the last 3 weeks)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  18. josh1990

josh1990 Member

19. Bastard Child

Bastard Child RIP

Played through this a couple of months ago. Was ok, but I'm never backing games anymore on KS or early access.

BurningFeetMan likes this.
  20. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

After a long break I managed to get to the last mission. Ended up being a massive pain to finish so I have abandoned it again.