Scale Model Gallery.

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Bern, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Andy3008

Andy3008 Member

Thanks for that, nice comparison. Geez it looks funny but gotta have a go at one

2. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

Hey Japes, out of interest, where did you get your BenchVent? I got the plastic Exagon variant in 2013, with exhorbitant shipping costs from the UK, after the Aus distributor quoted me preposterous prices for a proper Benchvent (like $1600 for an entry level unit).

3. japes

japes Member

I got my BV300S-D from GraphicAir on sale, ended up costing me about $500 delivered. They're AUD$449.65 currently and they'll tag it as a gift for customs to avoid the new GST rubbish.

They've finished the series now but there's a pretty good selection of both armour and aircraft.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  4. japes

japes Member

This is a bit different, but I'll be streaming my entire current build on twitch to celebrate getting decent internet.

It's a Trumpeter 1/35 KV-220 so it's a little bit different and very familiar to anyone that plays War Thunder at least.

https://www.twitch.tv/japeslol

Looking to stream from about 8-11pm AEDST most nights. Day 1 is done with majority of the running gear and wheels completed. Not expecting any viewership, more just a fun thing to do on the side and a motivation tool.

DangerMaus and Andy3008 like this.
  5. Andy3008

Andy3008 Member

Cool I look forward to checking it out.

6. Andy3008

Andy3008 Member

Damn it, forgot to check in to have a look, will try for tonight.

7. japes

japes Member

Builds pretty much done, I should be on to painting tonight.

8. Andy3008

Andy3008 Member

Downloaded the app and following now.

9. japes

japes Member

1/35 Trumpeter KV-220

[​IMG]

Full album: https://imgur.com/gallery/G25Oc6C

25 hour build from timestamps, really fun build for $35 and a pretty solid kit. Everything fit well, few minor issues like tow cables being super flimsy to put together and the metal barrel is rubbish so just used the slide-moulded plastic inclusion, but other than that it was great.

mad_mic3 likes this.
  10. Andy3008

Andy3008 Member

Good stuff, tried to folliiw the live show but internet too slow.

11. japes

japes Member

Tamiya 1/35 Panther D. Full album: https://imgur.com/gallery/QW4GN4Z

[​IMG]

Yeah apparently Australian twitch viewers can struggle viewing 6k bitrate even with 100/40, I've dropped it down to 3000 and haven't had any issues.

mad_mic3 likes this.
  12. japes

japes Member

Any Queenslanders going to the IPMS May meet with the Buy/Swap? I've never been to one and kinda keen.

13. japes

japes Member

Hobby Boss 1/35 T26E4 Super Pershing Pilot (T26E1-1)
    Full Album: https://imgur.com/a/K69gP5N

[​IMG]

Had all sorts of issues with the running gear on this one, and I think my pigment work reflects how sick of it I was at that stage. Fun kit though, and unique subject.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    DangerMaus and mad_mic3 like this.
  14. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Some issues with that designation/model. It looks sweet though. The E1-1 didn't have spaced armour or even a shroud over the external springs, it was just an up gunned T26E1 prototype. Any Super Pershing that had butchered panther armour welded on were designated E4's. Needs a chunky weld seam where the "ears" join the mantlet plate as well.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  15. Andy3008

Andy3008 Member

Nice information, good stuff. But as you stated, kit looks sweet.

16. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Oh yes don't get me wrong. Totally jealous of the dedication and skill involved to get it looking like that.

Andy3008 likes this.
  17. japes

japes Member

There is a weld seam there, just not that chunky.

There's certainly multiple lines of information going around regarding the naming of it - I just put the T26E1-1 in brackets as I'm a War Thunder player.. :(

18. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I guess the shadow line makes it look like it's missing. Can see it on the ears where the extra plate is welded on. The photos I've seen show the weld seam is almost as thick as the 80mm plate and goes all the way to the front.

To my knowledge, going by books as well as online sources the E1-1 was a one off and never left the US. There are pics of it at Aberdeen. There are some reports of it being sent to Europe but that seems to be incorrect. The first one sent was an upgunned E3 which was designated E4 anyway. AFAIK all the ones in Europe were based on the E3 as the production E4's didn't have the external springs and had a smaller counterweight on the bustle.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  19. japes

japes Member

Whilst I'm hesitant to trust Tank Encyclopedia, their info on it is that the T26E1-1 (first pilot) was sent over and then modified to the Long 90 with single-piece ammunition and received its T26E4 designation, but the turret marking remained for a while.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  20. juggernaut88

juggernaut88 Member

So the last model kit I built was when i was around 13. Turning 40 this year so a bit more care these days but learning a lot from reading on various forums, youtube and talking to some guys from the local modelling club

Pretty infamous and well known kit by all accounts
    [​IMG]

Started by marking the mould lines on the body with a sharpie and sanding them smooth. Used 800 grit wet and dry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Used some primer I already had at home to prime the body, then used Tamiya Silver Leaf to undercoat before the Tamiya Italian Red went on. All rattle cans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Using the stock wheels and tiers. Sanded the slicks and front runners and did a wash on the wheels. May end up drilling out the holes.

[​IMG]

Drivetrain components were primed and then hit with Tamiya Semi Gloss Black then detailed with assorted Tamiya acrylic paints

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tamiya Gloss Clear for the body

[​IMG]

Waiting on some wire so I can do the spark plug leads and to continue with the assembly process.

the_fuzz, mad_mic3 and DangerMaus like this.