1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Scorptec Christmas PC Giveaway Comp - You Create. We Build. You Win.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by SCORPTEC, Dec 9, 2013.

1. SCORPTEC

SCORPTEC Member

[​IMG]

Scorptec Christmas PC Giveaway Comp - You Create. We Build. You Win.
    OCAU Members have the chance to WIN a system worth $2,500!

Here are the requirements:
    1. Add a system worth of components to your shopping cart on the Scorptec website up to the value of $2,500 not including Operating System.
    2. You can only choose parts from Asus, Corsair and Intel.
    3. Take a screenshot of your shopping cart (can use imgur to share) and post it in this thread along with a detailed description of why all parts were chosen.
    4. If the same spec is posted by multiple members, priority will be given to the first entry.
    5. Pricing is based on standard Scorptec web price.
    6. One post allowed per member only and no editing of posts allowed.
    7. OCAU will announce the top 10 finalists.
    8. The winning build will be judged on a combination of innovation, performance and explanation of why each part was chosen by a panel from Asus, Corsair, Intel & Scorptec.
    9. Winner will receive their PC build! Scorptec will build and ship the PC!
    10. The winning PC will become part of the Scorptec System line-up.
    11. Entries will close on Wednesday 18th December! Australian residents only.

At a minimum, your system must include:
    CPU, Motherboard, RAM, SSD, Graphics Card, Case, Power Supply & Monitor

Example Cart Entry: [​IMG]

Good luck to everyone!!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. Zeebie

Zeebie Member

I choose the parts in this one due to good performance over life time between upgrades and simple because it would get to do mutli media or video streaming off of.

[​IMG]

3. GeniDoi

GeniDoi Member

Are peripherals considered a part of the "system", and if so:

Does this include peripherals? ie corsair mouse, corsair keyboard?

4. HomelessGoat

HomelessGoat New Member

PC Parts List

Parts List and Description

CPU - The CPU I have chosen for this build is the Intel Quad Core i7 4770k. This CPU is great for not only gaming, but for a workstation as well. As this is the "k" version of the processor, it is unlocked and overclocking enabled which allows for even more performance.

RAM/Memory - The RAM I have chosen for this build is Corsair's DDR3 Corsair 2x8 16GB 1600Mhz vengeance kit. This is RAM that is affordable and still delivers high performance, and as it is a 2x8 kit, a further 2 8GB sticks can be added down the track.

Motherboard - For this option I went with Asus's SABERTOOTH Z87 motherboard. This motherboard is a little on the expensive side, but is covered by a lengthy warranty and is SLI capable and has plenty of PCI-E slots, as well as being an incredibly pretty board, making it a perfect and aesthetics board.

Monitor - For a monitor I chose ASUS's 23 inch LED monitor. It has a 1920x1080 resolution and a 1ms response time, this monitor is also stand capable.

Case - For the case I chose Corsair's Obsidian 800D case. It is a full tower case which will fit almost all components on today's market, and still provides a great amount of cooling. This case is an incredibly beautiful and high quality case making it the perfect case for this build.

Storage - For storage I Chose Intel's 240GB 335 series SSD. This SSD is extremely quick and reliable, and with the titanic speeds it delivers it is well worth it.

Graphics Card - The GPU I chose for this build is ASUS's GTX 760 2GB. This card from ASUS delivers titanic performance that will run all of today's games and comes at half the cost of a GTX 780, this card runs cool and the 2GB of VRAM is suitable to run high quality games.

CPU Cooling - Since this build features the 4770k an aftermarket CPU cooler was necessary in case of overclocking. Corsair's H100i liquid CPU cooler will do just that. It is one of the best CPU coolers on the market and is shelved at an affordable price. It's performance has earned a 6.0/6.0 from PC & Tech Authority and a 10/10 from PowerPlay.

PSU - The PSU for this monster is the Corsair 860AX ATX Modular PSU. This PSU has a 140mm fan attached and will run at a sensible temperate as to not compromise your system. This PSU is also modular. This makes the construction and general neatness of the system much easier and cleaner. The 860 Watts that this PSU produces is enough to run up to dual high-end SLI cards and is a reliable PSU from a reliable brand.

Below is the Scorptec system cart, costing exactly 2500 dollars.

[​IMG]

5. Turmoilturtle

Turmoilturtle New Member

[​IMG]

It was a little hard only being limited to three companies products but they all provide some of the best quality and most sought after components that it didn't affect me much. I often find myself just putting together parts in the shopping cart and just wishing i had enough funds to be able to afford by dream PC so by now i've come up with a pretty good idea of what is good and what is bad (thanks to forums and learning what each spec means) But below i'll tell you why i'd choose each of these components in a $2500 Custom PC.

CPU: I Chose the I5 4670K because i suits my needs very well, it's as fast as an I7 at gaming and i do not need the hyper threading nor am i doing much multitasking or rendering.

MOTHERBOARD: This motherboard is just awesome, the on board WiFI being the feature that tops the cake. all the awesome software features included and of course it being made by ASUS makes me feel comfortable knowing it'll be awesome and have awesome build quality.

CASE: This case is mostly preference, when I saw the videos of it at Computex i knew immediately that i wanted to have it, it just looked too cool to miss, I love how it only shows the important components (Mobo, GPU, etc) and i know everything will be cool inside (pun intended)

PSU: Again, when i saw this PSU on a video i knew i wanted it, the fact that it's nearly silent unless you're really pushing it and it also being completely modular and 80+ Gold standard makes it truly the kind of all PSU's.

RAM: Corsair... Again. It's newest memory line, it looks absolutely awesome not to mention the great overclocking features it has on it. Only 8gb is needed as mentioned before i'm not multi-tasking or rendering.

Monitor: I do not want a super large monitor so a 23" will do just fine, not to mention that it is a IPS panel, i've only seen a few IPS monitors and the difference to TN is just... wow.

HDD: Nothing special, just a 1TB HDD for movies, programs ,most games etc.

SSD: This system definitely needed a SSD, the OS and some games and programs will be going on here, the fast speeds will make it Boot like a champ and games will load up before you're able to see the loading bar!

GPU: the GTX780, not far behind the 2 kings of the GPU world, but this is all you need to get max frames on any game. Also with DirectCUII, i ALWAYS when putting together random parts in my cart choose the DirectCUII version of the graphics card i want, the benchmarks proove how well it cools it and I can't think of anything cooler looking either.

CPU Cooler: I think a closed loop is definately needed for such a high end build and with this baby the frequency of the CPU will rise and rise while also keeping it nice and cool

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish good luck to the other entries and may the best win!

EDIT: I'm sorry i had to edit but the image wasn't coming up. http://i.imgur.com/p8tq2x1.png

6. Qemist

Qemist New Member

Pc Specs for Contest

Hey guys! Here's the system I spec'd myself:
    Corsair Obsidian 350D Window; Spacious enough to fit high end hardware, small enough to be taken anywhere (lans, etc), and the window just to show off. ;)
    Corsair AF140 & 120 LED Fans; good airflow, low noise, look really nice and will help to show off the system.
    Corsair H100i & SP 120's; Great overclocking performance while still being reasonably quiet.
    Intel 4670k; Great gaming performance, able to be pushed further with overclocking.
    ASUS R9 290; Pretty much one of the best High end price-to-performance cards on the market, able to handle high res games, so it should be future proof to a certain degree.
    Intel 335 series 180gb SSD; Great performer, good price to capacity, enough space to load OS, a few games and other applications on.
    Corsair Vengeance PRO 2133; looks great, good overclocking potential, but already comes with a great clock speed at a very good price.
    ASUS Gryphon Z87 + Armor Kit; Very tough mATX mobo, will be able to withstand all sorts of heat thrown at it from the cpu and gpu, Armor helps with heat dissipation and looks.
    Corsair RM-750; Great Silent psu, efficient, flat cables, silent.
    ASUS Xonar D2; High fidelity Sound card to take advantage of the PCI-E Slots on the mobo.
    ASUS VX238H; Good size monitor, extremely quick reponse rate which will help when gaming, without blowing a tonne of money.
    Thanks for your time :)
    [​IMG]

7. Icinix

Icinix New Member

[​IMG]

The system would be built to be a bit of a jack of all trades - connected to the lounge TV and a NAS for big screen gaming and video and audio streaming, so components were selected on power consumption and noise.

4670K - Chosen because it's got a lot of grunt and efficiency for not much cost and the savings were used for the cooler for future overclocking if some extra oomph if required.

Asus Maximus VI GENE - It's MicroATX so goes with the smaller case but still has a lot of features including a smashing good audio and allows upgrading of a second video card for gaming down the track if required.

Corsair C350D - Probably the best MicroATX case around - supports pretty much everything you can throw it and supports larger water cooling units for extra overclocking or quietness upgrades down the track.

Corsair H80i - A nice quiet efficient cooler that also makes use of Corsair Link and can provide some overclocking down the track.

Corsair 1600MHz Dominator Platinum - The Dominator series has a history of performance and overclocking allowing some extra performance to be milked when needed.

Asus GTX780 - Top Tier Graphics card that runs a lot cooler and quieter than stock - so fits well with both the gaming machine and HTPC mentality - like the RAM and CPU - can also be milked for extra performance.

Corsair Force GT 240GB - Since the system would be built for NAS use - a lot of hard drive space isn't required - however 240gb gives a good bit of space for the OS and a few choice games, and with a NAS - they can be easily removed and replaced as required.

Corsair AX760i - A platinum efficient PSU that should last many years and many builds. Also goes with the theme of high level of efficiency and quietness - support for Corsair Link means extra options for monitoring and all the nuts and bolts information we love to make use of.

ASUS VS247HV - Like everything else - chosen for efficiency and power consumption - but still providing a high level of quality at a very affordable cost to not encroach on the core components of the system.

8. Zurlox

Zurlox Member

[​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

Dear Santa,

Above is my wish list, below is my justification for selection.

Can't go wrong with the products which are listed accompanied by PC Powerplay and PC User review ratings.

This system is aimed towards processing power, video and audio editing with future expansion in mind.

So I went with the ASUS P9X79-PRO, massive amount of features, expand-ability; 8 RAM slots for all the slot action you can handle. For starters 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance, plenty to kick the system off, probably my favorite RAM kit for the price.

Xeon E5 2620 v2, Xeon, Xeon, Xeon, chills every time ;) especially when it's cooled with Intel's BXTS13X.

Gaming is a must, that's where the Nvidia GTX770 card comes in; pure graphical pleasure wrapped up in the best GPU cooler I've ever seen. ASUS have done it right!

What else can possibly go well with the GTX770 than a stunning 27" monitor, Display Port FTW!

Intel 240GB SSD to install all those games and applications of tomorrow with such speed that they're ready yesterday. 5yr warranty is ever so tasty.

750W Corsair PSU is more than capable of running this system, with 80Plus Bronze stamp, I can trust it to put down the power under heavy load. No issues for future upgrades.

Now take all this and roll it into a Corsair Carbide 400R. The 400R has everything I want in a system case; 3x 120mm fans, radiator support, and Black on Black colour scheme, beautiful!

I've been a good boy all year, promise ;)

9. AlbertHTran

AlbertHTran New Member

[​IMG]

Purely For gaming.
    Case for good airflow.
    780ti is overboard but who cares :)

10. xDutchie

xDutchie Member

I chose this core build because it is an absolute monster it will handle anything i could throw at it the case is also great i could add and change any new components in it later down the track if need be.
    This comp is great im a massive Corsair and Asus fanboy :D

Click to view full size!

11. nicksanchez

nicksanchez New Member

[​IMG]

I am a poor sob and need all I can get. This is a rig.

12. andy32

andy32 New Member

[​IMG]
    CPU: This cpu in my opinion is the best bang for buck in terms of pure cpu power. It will be a solid heart to the machine I want to create. Overclocking enabled allows me to push the boundaries

Case: The case will allow me to quieten down the whole noise factor, whilst I didn't want a super big case. I wanted something that could handle a good cpu cooler inside.

Graphics Card: The R9 280x is what I think is a compromise in terms of power and price. However I think that this card will more then suffice for any games that come out in the next few years.

SSD: The intel ssd will allow me to have quick boot times and allow me to have my o/s and games on there at the same time.

RAM: I only chose 8 gigs of ram because at the moment the games aren't system memory dominated and are using more graphics memory. Later I may chose to add another 8 gigs of ram.

Monitor: I think the monitor is the right size for my needs. And it has the right features to boot.

Motherboard: The motherboard is build tuff and I think in the long run it will result in better performance. With the build I have, I can chose to expand things in the future.

Power Supply: Ive never had a problem with corsair power supplies. I have always wanted a fully modular power supply and this will provide great power to my computer

CPU Cooler: the corsair h110 will provide me to unlock all the potential out of the intel processor if I chose to, however I really want this as a silent build. So having a corsair cooler on the cpu will allow me to have an ultra silent computer

Case Fans: AF140 and AF120 will allow me to have further cooling in the case and while still utilizing quietness in the build. I like the color red so I chose the red led's.

Summary: So if I had $2500K cash on me now this would be the best build I could come up with and would probably buy.

13. chadly

chadly New Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

I chose the cpu for its fast performance reliability and 4 cores giving plenty of support while running multiple programs.

I chose this motherboard because it can be almost unlimitly upgraded to an extremely powerful system for little cost and if nothing else JUST LOOK AT IT!

I chose the SSD because it's fast reliable and has just enough room to run an OS without burdening it with other unnecessary programs boosting the performance of the entire system.

I chose the RAM because it was the same colour as the motherboard. It's big, beefy and very fast to keep up with the rest of the system.

I chose the graphics card purely on the fact that i love gaming and this is a high end card capable of putting out beautiful graphics with ultimate performance.

I chose this power supply because it should be just enough to handle the system comfortably (with a few small extras like hdd and optical drive) without killing the power bill.

I chose the case based on the fact that it was small with flexible cooling and a really nifty window on the side so your mates don't have to open it up to see what's inside.

The monitor was maybe my easiest choice being affordable with crystal clear image. Yes its a little small but it is bigger than what I have and I hate having to turn my head from side to side in a forty man raid.

I am by no means a computer expert or a tech head infact my current computer was bought from scorptech in 2009. at that time it cost 1500 bucks and it was called the hornet gold.

This is the computer i still use today for all my media streaming and to play GW2 plus some other games. Still runs like a charm and has not been turned off once (except for cleaning). But at this age it's days are numbered and I need a new computer. I hope you like my entry :)

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.83Ghz/12MB/1333FSB)
    Motherboard <b>Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P</b>, Intel P45 Chipset, FSB 1600MHz, DDR2 1366+, PCI-E x16 2.0, SATAII, RAID, 2oc PCB, GB LAN, 1394, 8-CH Audio
    Graphics Gigabyte Geforce 9800GT 512MB. PCI-E, Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, HDTV 1
    Memory 4GB Kit (2x2GB) PC-6400 (800MHz) DDR2
    HDD/SSD 1TB SATAII/300, 32MB Cache, 7200RPM
    Optical Drive 20x DVD+/-R/RW with Dual Layer DVD Burner. Read & Write CD & DVD discs
    Case Cooler Master Centurion 5 ATX Case, 460W PSU
    Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit OEM DVD with Service Pack 1 & Windows 7 Upgrade Form

14. azza3400

azza3400 New Member

[​IMG]
    I have chosen the intel 4770k for its speed and great performance and it's overcloackable. case is small and preforms well with good features. ram is fast with good speed and timing. asus hero mb is feature packed with great performance almost as good as the high end asus boards, I have built 2 systems with this board and they run flawlessly. the psu I chose is overkill for this system but future proof it for the addition of a 2nd 780 to run sli. The graphics card I chose is high end and runs battlefield like a dream. the ssd I chose is super fast with a Read up to 560MB/s, Write up to 535MB/s need I say more. the monitor is super bright with a super fast 1ms response for a crystal clear picture with this awesome asus/intel/corsair system.

15. EvilTeddy

EvilTeddy New Member

EvilTeddy's Gaming System

[​IMG]

Intel i7 was chosen for it's fantastic performance rating (not just with gaming but multimedia)
    Asus Z87-Pro motherboard was chosen for future SLI as well as plenty of SATA ports. Also, the extra gold is a nice 'bling' touch.
    Asus GTX780 was chosen for true gaming performance (it's what we're looking for afterall!) and will be perfect for future SLI
    Corsair 2x8GB RAM, good start to maxing out the 32GB on the motherboard. 16GB is a great amount for gaming
    Intel 240GB SSD is great for loading the games faster (and those pesky loading screens!)
    Corsair Graphite case in Orange just looks excellent for the price.
    Corsair 750W PSU is an excellent looking unit
    Asus 27" 144Hz Gaming monitor... Excellent size (for a more immersive experience) and 144Hz is the best we can do for gaming, so why not go for the best?!

I'll call this the "Flaming Beast", not only for the colour of the case, but for the beast it is hiding inside! (Also, keep the change from the system! :) )

16. KanIbL

KanIbL Member

My build is designed to be quiet yet powerful.

Able to be overclocked, or to be run nice and cool through the H110.

The GTX780 Graphics selected over an R9 290 again for the noise factor, but while still hopefully being able to connect up to a 4K projector for some extreme quality gaming and videos in the future.

Power supply is the Zero RPM model, once more keeping things quiet, like the case which is also roomy enough to support the water cooling and plenty of drive and graphics card space.

So we have low noise, powerful and plenty of room for expansion and overclocking also. An all rounder you could say.

[​IMG]

17. TimberWolf21

TimberWolf21 New Member

Excite System

[​IMG]

Case: I choose the 350D by Corsair, as it is one of the benchmark M-ATX cases available in today's market. The look of the case is very modern and would fit in anyone's office, living room or study. It has plenty of potential for water- and aircooling, making it an all rounder in any field. The window model also makes it easier to show off the brilliant system inside.

CPU: The high-end Haswell CPU, the 4770K, has been proven to overclock extremely well and remain stable at speeds above 4.8GHz. With the right cooling, it is able to be one of Intel's best CPU's currently available to consumers.

Graphics: Can't go past a NVidia GTX 780. They are one of the best performing discrete graphics cards to date, and with the drop in price it is a perfect choice enjoying high end gaming on large HD monitors. The ASUS DirectCU II model of the 780 is a step further, as the aftermarket cooler is excellent in keeping the card quiet, cool and performing strong. The colour and overall look of the card make it a very aggressive looking card, perfect for the dominating video gamer in any game.

SSD: Intel's 240GB 520 Series SSD has always proven to be one of the strongest contenders in the SSD market. With high read and write speeds, it makes any process or task simple, quick and efficient. With 240GB of space, it can perform strong and provide any user plenty of room for programs, games and operating system.

RAM: Corsair's latest Vengeance Pro DDR3 memory modules are excellent. They have a subtle style of black with a slim colouring of red, blue, grey or gold. With using 2x 4GB sticks, it provides enough for games to run smoothly without stuttering issues, and allows expansion for another 2 sticks to be added in the future, making it excellent for upgrades. With the inclusion of activating the XMP profile for these modules, the performance increases immensely, making any computer perform at their best.

Motherboard: For it's size, the Gryphon Z87 by ASUS is an excellent board, providing SLI and Crossfire capabilities, a plethora of rear ports to cater to anyone's requirements, and has the excellent TUF thermal armor kit, protecting the vitals on the board from damage and dust. Plus it suits perfectly with the Corsair 350D, as it is excellent for its visual appeal.

CPU Cooling: Many people choose the H100i as it a fantastic all in one cooler for it's price. In the 350D, the H110 makes more sense though; It's quieter, it cools the CPU better, it fits in the top of the chassis without modifications, and it just looks brilliant in the black finish. With the right amount of airflow provided from the intake fans, this cooler will keep the system nice and chilled, regardless of how hot it is in Australia this summer.

PSU: Corsair have always built solid power supplies. They are reliable, have great ratings, provide plenty of power for any occasion, and look damn good. The new RM series are a step forward again, with the new silent solution fan. It ensures you are only using the fan when the computer needs it, not every second. Being fully modular makes it excellent for cable management, as it means you only need the cables you need without heaps of clutter. With 850 watts on tap, it allows the user to safely overclock their CPU, and allow for a second card in SLI in the future, while providing enough power for every other component.

Monitor: When doing any task on a computer, having a good screen really affects how well a person enjoys the experience. The ASUS VS248H 24 inch LED monitor would make any experience excellent, as it provides a complete Full HD resolution, multiple inputs to run different devices on it, is wall mountable, and has a fast refresh rate, making any game or video smoother to the eyes and a better overall experience. The black bezel also makes it look classy and exquisite, with a certain professional appeal to it.

All together, this system comes to an even total of $2500 on the dot. If I was to give this system a name, it would be called the Excite system, as if someone had this particular build, they would be pretty excited too.

18. Chiki

Chiki New Member

Christmas Competition

[​IMG]

CPU: I chose the i5 4670K because of how great it is for the price, packs a punch! A really good processor.

Motherboard: I chose the ASUS Z87-A Motherboard because of the 4x DDR3 slots and the 2x PCI-E x16 slots. It is a good overall board and does what I want it to do.

Graphics: I picked the ASUS GeForce GTX770 DirectCU II Edition because of how good the performance is for the price. I'd choose this card for this system any day.

Memory: I needed the 4x4 GB Corsair Memory because I usually have a lot of things running. Mostly games and editing programs.

SSD: I wanted a nice SSD for a good price so I settled with the Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD, the read and write on this SSD are great. The amount of lag and loading speeds are reduced greatly because of this SSD.

Case: I wanted a nice simple case from Corsair, I like the 2x 200mm fans and the side window with a nice black finish.

PSU: I think a decent PSU will be needed for this build, I didn't want any less or any more power. I also love the LED Fan.

Sound Card: The sound card explains itself, I have bought this card from Scorptec before and I think it is great for the price. Who doesn't love nice sound?

Monitor: I like the design and effort ASUS has put into their VS248H 24 inch monitor so I think it would be a nice accessory to accompany the build.

Mouse: I need a mouse for this computer and I love the design and red lighting on this mouse. Peripherals are just as important as the computer its self :D

CPU Cooling: I wanted the CPU cooling because Summer is coming up and I don't want to go out and purchase a replacement CPU because the one I had has melted to the motherboard.

19. SirDrake

SirDrake Member

[​IMG]

My system is all based on being a quiet system without losing performance in the main areas.

CPU: I picked the 4670k great CPU for the price and its the unlocked version for overclocking and therefore gives a bit of future proofing.

Cooling: I selected the h110. The Corsair water cooling kit with 14cm fans. The larger fans help the give a better CFM even if the RPM is lower to keep the system as quiet as possible at all times as there is more surface area for faster cooling than an h100i

PSU: I gone with the new corsair RM series. The new RM series is a fully modular power supply at the 80 plus gold standard however the feature which we want the more is the new zero RPM tech. This new tech means the fan on the PSU does not spin up until its under heavy load. Keeping to the quiet theme.

Case: The next important item is the case. As for a quiet system you need something which will be quiet yet provide the air flow require to keep the system cool in the Aussie summers. I picked the Corsair 550D, case build for the those who want a silent system. The case has sound isolation with fully lined with sound-damping material all around the insides of the case. We also need the system to support mounting of a 280mm radiator which the 550D support without any modding out of the box. Corsair product designed for other Corsair products no doubt.

GFX Card: For a quiet system picking a video card that suits the build can be hard as you don't want a jet engine to fire up when you are building playing battlefield 4 unless you are flying a jet (hehe) Lucky for us the latest Asus 280x cards keep cool & quiet under pressure. While we know the 280x is just the 7970 re-branded the new design of the cooling system is what sets this apart. Asus themselves state 20% cooler & 3x quieter but what does that mean in terms of noise? that the equivalent of 14~DB. The Asus 280x may cost more than some of the others but its performance & cooling set it apart from the others. An easy pick to keep this system quiet.

Mobo: Asus Z78-Plus. No need for anything fancy something mid range yet still have the ability to overclock. Soild Asus solution

Memory: I selected the Corsair 1866mhz CL9 vengeance RED. RED you say? need to match the gfx card come on. But seriously I picked this over the 1600mhz CL9 its only $10 more and you do get a little bit of performance boost. Lets start a mhz / CL debate.... (hides) I stuck with 8gb cause right now memory is consider expensive and you can always upgrade later. 8GB will do the job for gaming.

SSD: I gone with the Intel 120GB 530 series only based on performance/over price/number of gb. Solid drive, Will boot the windows fast enough. I know we`d all put another drive in for storage but hey... maybe SSD will be cheap enough as storage drives soon.

Monitor: okay okay I went for the Asus VG248QE a 24" 144Hz monitor. Can easily down grade this but damn you need that Hz to get the head shot right?

Overall I wanted to keep the system under $2k that would be my ideal build. I would be adding in another hard drive for storage and probably going for a cheaper monitor but hey *DREAMS* I call this build the quiet performer.

Good luck with ya builds everyone and have fun with this comp.

Thanks to Scorptec

20. GreatScott

GreatScott Member

My Submission - Justin Eley

Hello, Here is my submission for the Scorptech (Overclockers Australia) Build comp.

The whole idea around my concept is to design a computer I have always wished to afford, that will handle software I required to get my comic book digital, and semi animatic online for free for the world to see.
    My current machine is only a 900$ machine, and does not handle the software required to do this task, and it is a dream of mine to release comic book stories to the world for there and my pleasure.

I also wanted to stick with a colour theme when building a custom PC specially one so marvellous as this, so It looks as amazing and powerful as it performs.
    Hope I did not give you too much reading.

[​IMG]
    Why:
    Not much needs to be said about this card, it’s very sexy and provided more than sufficient power needed for anything I would ever do on a high end PC.

[​IMG]
    Why:
    Black and red so suits the theme that is appearing so far with this design case and all, this not being a overly priced memory module, is designed for over clockers, and have an amazing heat sync design that will also suit the environment I live in, giving this computer the longest possible life span.
    I also chose 32GB Ram for the reason that I not only game, but I have always wanted a strong machine for Art, Comic book design so one day I can get my Hobby comic book off the ground and released to the public online for free. Which will be using aspects of 3D Design, and semi animated cells, which requires the memory to render.

[​IMG]
    Why:
    Overclocking potential if needed, not like most of us do not push our Quad core CPUs to the limit when it comes to power, but its nice to know if Autodesk or Adobe release some powerful design program that may require a slightly more powerful CPU I have the ability to overclock to get that extra power

[​IMG]
    Why:
    Great drive, for an affordable price.. But I chose this drive for its known reliability, Amazing Warranty, and size, it fits enough for all the CORE Software and OS I would run on the machine, including a few ‘Chosen Games’ I want to run from SSD.

[​IMG]
    Why:
    Apart from its sexy sleek elegant look this case has excellent designed cable management and tool less drive installation. I personally have been a huge fan of the tool less side panels also, its often you want to open your case quickly to perform that much needed clean with compressed air, or check and replace a part but don’t want to mess around searching for a screwdriver amongst all my tools.
    And the case itself has plenty of room for all components I would ever need.

[​IMG]
    Why:
    Not only does this PSU provide enough power, but it is completely modular, making cable management a breeze. But I specifically love this model for its lose noise feature, it has the ability for the fan not to run at all ‘ZERO RPM MODE’ when your machine is idling or inactive. Which is fantastic!

[​IMG]
    Why:
    I have always been a HUGE Fan of Asus mainboards, they are beautiful and perform beautifully, also they provide what I believe is the best support for computer parts in Australia.
    But I chose this model for a couple of reasons; one is the thermal plating, Beautiful! And does help with board heating issues, especially in Darwin where its stinking hot.
    And also im a HUGE fan for reliability and when a company gives you military grade features like there amazing capacitors, and top it with a 5year warranty WHO COULD SAY NO!

[​IMG]
    Why: high quality contrast perfect for design, and the 24’’ Screen allows me to mount onto a desk mount to provide me with more room to work, and draw with a graphic tablet.

[​IMG]

Much Love,
    Justin Eley