Sculptures by the Sea 2010

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by taovdg, Oct 28, 2010.

1. taovdg

taovdg Member

So I managed to get up at 4:40am to catch a bus to Bondi with my girlfriend for the very first morning of this year's Sculptures by the Sea! We were a bit concerned since it was raining in the CBD (where we live) but thankfully it passed and we were left with some lovely textured cloud cover for the sunrise.

So, here's three from that morning. More to come on my flickr feed over the next few days - these I wanted to claim as some of the very first SBTS2010 shots :)

Oh, and to the HDR-haters out there: #3 is straight outta the camera, and I do shoot MF film as well :)

Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Goobers

Goobers Member

imo, the unusually dark shadow in # 1 is just weird and unnatural, also need to be cropped more at the bottom, dead grass is such a turn off, is three a sculpture, or did the camel break out of taronga zoo.

3. OP
    OP
    taovdg

taovdg Member

Fair comment about the grass crop. I have a thing with non-standard ratios though, and wanted to keep the sky. Thanks for the comment.

4. PeterB666

PeterB666 Member

I do like #1 but the body of Joe Camel into the side of it is a little distracting. Clone time, I would think

5. myeewyee

myeewyee Member

Lovely clouds in #3. #1 looks silly with the area surrounding the sun being darker than everything else.

6. hazard002

hazard002 Member

I like #1, The darkness around the sun sort of looks like light at the end of a tunnel.

EDIT - Just read PeterB666's comment, now I can't stop looking at it :(

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  7. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member