SD Card issues

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by miicah, Aug 28, 2018.

1. miicah

miicah Member

Hi, recently bought a Nokia 6.1 and am having some issues with the SD card. It's a Dick Smith jobbie, about 2 years old with minimal use.

I formatted it when I put it in the phone and was able to save pictures to it (from the camera). However what happens is that after a day or so, the card goes read only and I can no longer use it. Unmounting and remounting seems to fix it, but again only for a day. Plugging it into the computer while it's still in the phone won't let me write to the card. If I pull the card and put it in my SD card reader, I can use the card as normal.

I have also tried pulling the card and formatting it on my PC, same issue. The only thing I haven't tried is another SD card.

2. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Definitely try with another sd card. That will help you narrow down the possible culprit. I usually use Kingston, Sandisk or Samsung sd cards by preference.

3. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Card going faulty and dying really quickly to the point where it won't be detected at all. If it is an SD card and not a micro SD card, make sure the side tab is not set to read only mode.

4. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

50/50 it could be the phone.
    I’d try a new sdcard as it cheaper first

5. OP
    OP
    miicah

miicah Member

Used card on my action cam yesterday, worked fine. I have a 16gb Samsung that I will try out tomorrow. Loathe to contact Nokia as the first solution is going to be factory reset on the phone zzz