1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Secret compartments?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by vartain, Nov 18, 2010.

1. vartain

vartain Member

Hi all. I am planning on making a case from scratch that has secret compartment to hide anything from money to guns to chocolate :) ha
    But just wanted to see if anyone has got any pics of what anyone else has done before? Or maybe people could throw your ideas up on this thread.

thanks guys

2. glasnt

glasnt Member

Never done something like that before, but pretty sure you could get a case with spare 3.5" slots, and put something in there, like a trick CD panel.

Or, dual PSU boxes, one with the juice, the other with Juice. :p

3. BluBoy

BluBoy Member

Yea, I'd gut a component and hide the shit in there.
    HDDs and CDROMs are just begging to be gutted

4. OP
    OP
    vartain

vartain Member

nice ideas guys, After some very unusual Ideas that even people who are good with computers won't notice.

5. MatchTheClown

MatchTheClown Member

Just remember that the compartment while secret will also be rather warm... keep your illicit's in the freezer like a good junkie. Xx

6. OP
    OP
    vartain

vartain Member

haha dont worry it aint for drugs or anythin like that ha, Whats the melting point of money? lol jokes

7. koma_white

koma_white Member

3.5" HDD's would be my hiding place.
    Gut the internals, but make sure you leave the controller board on the bottom so you can still hook up power and data cables.

8. Mjollnir

Mjollnir Member

This reminds me of the thermaltake 5.25 ashtray they had for the smokers years ago... Was ridiculous and actually work sold a whole bunch of them.

9. fishman_71

fishman_71 Member

build your pc in the fridge...it's been done before.

kill two birds with one stone.

10. OP
    OP
    vartain

vartain Member

Im not trying to hide the PC im trying to hide stuff within a Normalish looking PC case

11. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

i think he meant that then you could keep your drugs in it

i guess it depends on the case, ie if you had a case with a door in it you could hollow it out (depending on the door)

edit
    :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  12. Pieface

Pieface Member

Okay, so basically you take a cd drive, and empty it of its innards. Then put it in its normal slot. Then open daemon tools and mount a virtual drive. People look at 2 optical drives, and there are 2 optical drives in windows! Too sneaky for words. You could fit like 2 usbs worth of ultra secret stuff, or 14 batteries, or even a squashed coke can.

13. ricky60

ricky60 Member

I once had my partners sister coming over a few years ago, and we had to hide some *cough* adult products *cough* as her sister is very nosey. We hid them inside the computer case, and it worked well.

I think doing a case like a Lian Li would be the best, where there is about 30mm clearance behind the motherboard tray, then make a false floor between the right hand panel and the motherboard tray. Also, the suggestions of gutted HDD's and CDROM's are good if you aren't looking at accessing the hidden goods often.

Also, this sounds dodgy as hell.

14. Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

I like the fake PSU :)

How about a fake 4870x2 with the complete reference design cooler but remove the copper heatsinks. Add a hinge to the plastic shroud so you can open and close it easily. Keep the fan to keep whatever you are hiding nice and cool.

If you have another video card, connect a fake SLI/Xfire bridge for the full effect :D

15. OP
    OP
    vartain

vartain Member

Ok to everyone that keeps mentioning drugs lol it actually isn't for drugs. It's for money. I really like the PSU idea as well. Buying a 500w PSU and putting all the internals of the 500w into at 1200w PSU :)

Does anyone know which computer case has the most room between the motherboard tray and the side panel?

16. olie

olie Member

If someone breaks in and steals your pc, then you have lost your PC and your money...

17. melbnut

melbnut Member

i dont see the point of hiding money in a pc.. If someone breaks in they are going to steal the pc anyway... THen they get it home open it up and go .WOWOW there is cash as well.

18. FarZK

FarZK Member

Couldn't you mount an iBox facing inwards?

19. OP
    OP
    vartain

vartain Member

That's why I was asking for some compartments that even people who are good with PCs will find. Most people who break into houses aren't good with PCs and break into houses out of opportunity and don't really plan anything.

20. MatchTheClown

MatchTheClown Member

So you want to store the profits your getting from selling drugs right?

I can't really imagine why you would need to secret large amounts of cash otherwise.

Or are you doing somethign else illegal. You're a white van guy arn't you :X