Self-hosting Gallery software - what's best now?

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Azrael, May 8, 2017.

1. Azrael

Azrael Member

Ok, a few years on and my old gallery site is in dire need of an update, and the automagic updates seem to break it. So im going to rebuild it from scratch.

Given that im now doing a 365 project, and also looking to host a bunch of more random photos from my phone for personal use and linking to websites, im hoping for something that is quite phone compatible.

In the past i have used Gallery2, but Gallery3 didnt appeal at the time, so i never upgraded (and my G2 install is way past updating).

What is out there like Gallery2, simple, easy to upload, can dump multiple photos off phone onto, but has the abilities to work as a semi-pro gallery site. Ill have two installs, one for personal and random stuff (worklog updates etc) and one as a portfolio, so no need to mix the two together.
    Will also be self-hosted, so no paid external hosting solutions please.

What is out there?

2. vinnY

vinnY Member

you can give koken a shot, have't used it for a few years but still seems to be alive and kicking

3. OP
    OP
    Azrael

Azrael Member

Bump... koken is now dead in the water, and i accidentally updated one site which has nuked it.

I use PiWiGo for my forum image hosting, but its not aesthetically pleasing. Looking for a portfolio type site.

Ive heard good things about X3, but are there any other options, especially free?