1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Sending e-mail to single person but really to many

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Mystro1, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Mystro1

Mystro1 Member

HI guys..

I'm wanting to be able to send a heap of e-mail's out to clients in one bulk go. I can create an e-mail to send to every one as a BCC and the to field to my self of something to hide all the other addresses but what I would really like to find is a way to make each e-mail look as though it has been sent only to that person (from field is me, to field is them) but do this for like 100 e-mail addresses.

Any one have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks.

2. checkers

checkers Member

You do this by sending 100 emails. Software exists which can automate this, I suspect mailinator can do it.

3. <pRo>ToSs

<pRo>ToSs Member

or.. you could put everyone in the BCC field

4. OP
    OP
    Mystro1

Mystro1 Member

That is what I am trying to avoid and have it display the e-mail address at the receivers end. I want it to look as if they are receiving a personal e-mail not sent to every one :)

5. Oppressa

Oppressa Member

This wouldn't work then, the receiver would see their name next to the letters BBC not next to To.

6. bmik

bmik Member

Um, isn't this exactly what BCC is used for? BCC hides all the other e-mail addresses. It will look like they and they only got the e-mail.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  7. crazyelf

crazyelf Member

you could try a e-mail merge through MS Word. We actually did this today at work (annual report-ing) and the recipient gets an email as if the sender only sent it to them. Thats probably the easiest way too other than BCC'ing the email

8. Rezin

Rezin Member

It may depend on which mail server you're using, but I just sent an e-mail to myself under BCC and received it as "To: undisclosed-recipients", which isn't what he wants.

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ours even includes the original person in the TO: box.....I thought this was a little weird when using BCC. Everyone else you can't see.

10. OP
    OP
    Mystro1

Mystro1 Member

11. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

No. It's a Blind Carbon Copy. Like CC which is a Carbon Copy. Except the recipients of To/CC cannot see anyone it's been sent to in BCC.

So say you were having an argument with your manager about something and he abused you in the email. You could reply to him politely in your email and send a Blind Carbon Copy to your boss. Your manager wouldn't see it's been sent to your boss also.