Service Desk platforms

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by Gunna, Mar 13, 2021.

1. theyesmen

theyesmen Member

I share your sentiments to all things Atlassian.

2. Skitza

Skitza Member

KACE is actually pretty good if youre a Dell shop. HelpDesk is pretty good for what it is.

3. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

I am now getting the data sovereignty question relating to helpdesk. Freshdesk will move you to Australia but you lose all your archived records and it takes a month (?) so I looked at Zammad and Zendesk but they appear to be US/EU only. Seems difficult to find a decent helpdesk that stores data in Australia.

4. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Zammad community edition, self hosted, bikkety-bam.

5. scrantic

scrantic Member

You can request for an AU Zendesk Tennant, not sure if you need to be of a certain size to make the request but both our instances are in AU based POD's

6. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Tell them to get fucked.

If you were in a place where data sovereignty was a thing, it would have been picked up well before now.

7. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

Indeed.

New client that I am pretty sure has used the contract to have documentation / policies they don't have internally written up for them to copy pasta.

Their desperate need for high level SLA and additional support that is just not required has cost them many monies. Some of which goes to me so I can't complain too hard.

We're actually using Relokia to do a Freshdesk to Freshdesk migration because apparently Freshdesk don't know how their own API works.

8. miicah

miicah Member

Do you mean in the setup process? Because yeah it's a bloody nightmare switching tabs between things and then you click a button that takes you to a schema which you can't delete because it's in use in another screen that you forgot to remove.

URGH

But the user facing part looks and feels fine to me.

9. elvis

Go use Zendesk/Zammad and get back to me.

I'm specifically talking Jira's Service Desk component here, which everyone insists on using despite not using any of the git, PM or issue tracking components. If you use those, sure, it's all integrated and I totally get why you'd sacrifice a bit of usability for the sake of integration (literally why Microsoft makes money). But if you don't use those other things, WHY THE FUCK would you use Jira just for service desk when it's utterly fucking abysmal at that?

10. miicah

miicah Member

I guess for us, it's just basic issue tracking, tying an asset to a job and being able to communicate with the client. I have used servicenow and from a Lvl1/2 pov I can't see why servicenow or zendesk or jira are any different?

11. elvis

"UX" is the answer mostly, although Zendesk is excellent for automations, triggers, and a host of other things.

I understand that "UX" is subjective too, but it's as valid as saying "my user can use Windows but not Linux on the desktop" when you provide the tools and training for both.

12. MusclesGlasses

MusclesGlasses New Member

+1 for JIRA Help Desk to fill in the gap for the next 3-5 years until your SNOW deployment gets momentum. Handy if you're already using Confluence and the other platforms and just need something to plug the gap for a bit.

13. OP
    OP
    Gunna

Gunna Member

I almost pulled the trigger on ZenDesk which forced head offices hand and they signed with SNOW. They freaked at thinking we would have 3 ITSM iterations in our environment if I went with ZenDesk. We are int eh discovery stage now with professional services. Now to keep this behemoth of a project on track