Setting up a new email with work domain

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by MikeCheck, Jan 23, 2020.

1. MikeCheck

MikeCheck Member

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this, although I'll give it a shot.

I'm setting up my own business and have bought the domain through godaddy.

What's the process now for getting an @godaddydomain.com.au email? Ideally through Outlook.

I had just assumed I would buy office 365 and set up a new email in outlook with the @godaddydomain.com.au suffix..... but is there a step I am missing?

Do I have to add on email hosting to the godaddy plan thing or is that inbuilt when you buy office 365?

Thanks all.

M

2. waltermitty

waltermitty Member

3. OP
    OP
    MikeCheck

MikeCheck Member

4. Beanz

Beanz Member

You can use the $5 one for Exchange Online only. This is where your email will be hosted.

https://products.office.com/en-au/exchange/exchange-online?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

If you're buying Office outright, then you don't need to go for any higher plans. If you don't already have Office (which includes Outlook) you only have two options. Buy it outright, or go with the $17 plan.

Otherwise you can just use the "web based" Outlook, which comes with the $5.50 plan above.

You don't need to pay GoDaddy for anything, apart from the initlal domain registration fee.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    MikeCheck likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    MikeCheck

MikeCheck Member

Oh I should have mentioned I want and need the desktop versions of word, excel etc. too sadly.

Can't seem to escape the ecosystem even if I try.

6. OP
    OP
    MikeCheck

MikeCheck Member

Yep, that's the answer I was looking for as I don't currently have Office at all for the business, so looks like the $17.20/month plan is the go-er.

Thanks mate.

M