setting up android tablets for the kids

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by clonex, Jun 13, 2020.

1. clonex

clonex Member

Bought two tablets for the kids today, lenovo E10's.
    Whats the bestvway to set em up account wise, under my account or is it easier to just great a whole new account with google and share it between the two?

edit: figured it out. What a POS the android parental controls are compared to ios. bout the only good thing on ios

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I haven't done this before but I'd assume it's just easier to have one account to control, i.e. yours on just the two devices rather than having two separate account for each child. With one account the parental controls are managed locally or in the cloud?

3. OP
    OP
    clonex

clonex Member

i setup with two accounts for em and i think they linked to mine and i can manage them off my account.

btw the tablets are rubbish, slow as f##k. Honestly feel like going to HN and asking if i can pay the extra 50 bucks and get the samsung tab 8's as these thing crash even trying to load netflix or disney occasionnal or just freeze for a minute or two

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

As in under powered? They should be ok for kids I would have though. For tablets Ive always stuck with apple, they’re hard to beat.

5. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

Probably lack of RAM like all localised Lenovo tabs. OS versions always have double the ram we get here.